Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?

Go down 
+14
taylorvw
jdm_itr
corey
1eightySX
veedub
Golks
subbie
Noops
CamJohns122
Rob
JYB116
d3v
Maniac
mr.bellamy
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mr.bellamy
Rank 3
Rank 3
mr.bellamy

Number of posts : 125
Vehicle : 2000 Black Integra
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Empty
PostSubject: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 1:41 am

Which is a better exhaust system in your opinion, and does anyone have a suggestion on after market cams?
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 2:02 am

On k series engines I have heard nothing but good things about Brian Crower cams, and not so good things on skunk 2 cams. Not sure on b series engines, just check out brian crowers website and compare different brands to them.
Back to top Go down
d3v
Rank 4
Rank 4
d3v

Number of posts : 335
Vehicle : 1992 Honda Civic Hatch w/ h22
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 4:27 am

??? hes asking about the exhaust not cams lol
Back to top Go down
JYB116
Rank 8
Rank 8
JYB116

Number of posts : 1788
Vehicle : Nissan skyline gtr
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 4:34 am

n1 man... or u could mix it up and get a skunk
Back to top Go down
mr.bellamy
Rank 3
Rank 3
mr.bellamy

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 8:58 am

Haha, I am asking which exhaust of the apexi and skunk2 AND i'm asking what kind of cams are good... Although i didn't say anything about skunk2 cams Razz
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 1:49 pm

Get what ever you think sounds good for exhaust. For cams maybe Toda? Skunk2? But I think you should stick with the stock cams for the amount of money you will pay for good aftermarkets and they are probably better for city driving as i would assume with cams you will lose some or a lot of low rpm power depending on what cams you choose. I dont know much about honda's but im sure someone else will chime in with some good advice.
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 5:35 pm

damn I forgot about Toda kinda would help what you want outta the engine is it boosted or NA
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 5:52 pm

TOda Killer cams sound sick but are expensive and require you to upgrade your valve train as well. Actaully all the aftermarket cams your talking about Skunk 2 Brian Crower and Toda all require new valve springs and retainers
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2008, 5:14 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:
TOda Killer cams sound sick but are expensive and require you to upgrade your valve train as well. Actaully all the aftermarket cams your talking about Skunk 2 Brian Crower and Toda all require new valve springs and retainers

Toda Killer Cams make the Vtec crossover seemless and yes they are expensive and they do require the Upgraded valve train..and for Skunk2..depends on what kind of power your looking for..with tuner series cams you will not need to upgrade valve train...but with pro series Stg 2and up you will need spring retainers and valves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
mr.bellamy
Rank 3
Rank 3
mr.bellamy

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2008, 12:19 am

I have been planning on buying a whole bunch of parts off of this store on ebay

http://stores.ebay.com/SpeedClinic
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2008, 12:23 am

Wow how much are you spending? Thats not a bad store but definatly can find better pricing from other stores
Back to top Go down
mr.bellamy
Rank 3
Rank 3
mr.bellamy

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2008, 1:50 am

Idk but I'm going to throw a lot of money in
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 2:47 pm

mr.bellamy wrote:
I have been planning on buying a whole bunch of parts off of this store on ebay

http://stores.ebay.com/SpeedClinic

ebay is the BEST place to buy ANYTHING for your car. I have a buddy in Calgary that has a GSR and he has an apexi N1 cat-back and it sounds Un-Real! Really Mean sounding exhaust no joke! The way i see it is you get what yo pay for when it come to an exhaust. If you cheap out you'll sound like anyother cheap Honda around town. But ya Apexi N1 for sure! as well with some DC headers or somethin like that...
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 3:00 pm

Quote :
ebay is the BEST place to buy ANYTHING for your car. I have a buddy in Calgary that has a GSR and he has an apexi N1 cat-back and it sounds Un-Real! Really Mean sounding exhaust no joke! The way i see it is you get what yo pay for when it come to an exhaust. If you cheap out you'll sound like anyother cheap Honda around town. But ya Apexi N1 for sure! as well with some DC headers or somethin like that...

I would disagree I would sooner buy my big car parts from someones actual site if I were to buy something really big on ebay me I would personally would call them first. I dunno what your definition of cheap Honda's are but I see alot of stupid things on other cars. Are you one of those if it isn't JDM it's shit? When I bought my exhaust I just researched and the company I bought mine from said if I didn't like it I could send it back(me pay shipping ) and I could get something different. I don't get that to often off of ebay.
Back to top Go down
Golks
Rank 5
Rank 5
Golks

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : '98 Honda
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 3:17 pm

WReX wrote:

I wouldn't say eBay is the 'BEST' place to buy ANYTHING for your car. I have bought Several things and have run into problems.

Also to the original poster. Try my pricing out. I should be able to meet pretty much any eBay price when it comes to Apex'i or Skunk stuff after factoring shipping and taxes/duties.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 4:30 pm

LOL WUT EBAY IS THE BEST!? Maybe if you wanna find the best looking altezzas or coolest looking generic chrome wheels for yo ride. Ok so their are some good sellers on there, and some times good parts and rare stuff pop up, but 90% of the stuff on ebay reminds me of the Canadian Tire ractive section.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 4:50 pm

I guess it depends I mean ive found alot of my shit on ebay and its all good quality shit maybe im just not a brand whore but i dont need it to say skunk2 or HKS or the like to function i mean seriously skunk 2 battery tie down is 40+ dollars when i can just get a plain old gunmetal one for 7 bucks off ebay that does the same damn job. I believe in name brand for some parts but it doesnt have to be.

I found all my Wicked Tuning and Blox Racing parts off ebay for amazing prices albeit i talked to the sellers through email for better prices but still off ebay. Name brand shit off ebay is the same as name brand shit from someone else.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 5:05 pm

Veedub wrote:
LOL WUT EBAY IS THE BEST!? Maybe if you wanna find the best looking altezzas or coolest looking generic chrome wheels for yo ride. Ok so their are some good sellers on there, and some times good parts and rare stuff pop up, but 90% of the stuff on ebay reminds me of the Canadian Tire ractive section.

what?!?!?!? Anyone i know who has a nice car and is doing perfomance upgrades buy's there shit off ebay. ya there is alot of crappy shit on there but if you know what your looking for its an awesome place top start looking!
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 5:11 pm

I am most definitely try to be a brand whore ( those who know me can somewhat attest to this as my clothing differs between one of two brands)

I try to aplply this theory to car parts for the most part, at least with parts that matter. If you are going to go through the trouble of swapping parts into your car you should make sure they are legit. I believe you get what you are paying for. On that note I tend to buy from Golks as he has beat other places I have looked enough to make it worth while.... he is to car parts what the whole sale club is to candy.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 5:12 pm

EP304 wrote:
Quote :

I would disagree I would sooner buy my big car parts from someones actual site if I were to buy something really big on ebay me I would personally would call them first. I dunno what your definition of cheap Honda's are but I see alot of stupid things on other cars. Are you one of those if it isn't JDM it's shit? When I bought my exhaust I just researched and the company I bought mine from said if I didn't like it I could send it back(me pay shipping ) and I could get something different. I don't get that to often off of ebay.

No, No i'm not hahaha. I had a 1994 Honda prelude SRV before my subie and once again i bought apexi N1 cat-back(off ebay) AEM cold-air (off ebay for $150.00!!!) DC headers (off ebay) and i had no problems what so ever with any of it! It def. is nice to go to a actual store and buy the product but they raise the price and plus there is no store here to do that anyway (that i know of). But no i only buy Perrin Perfomance parts for my wrx. Based out of US. And ya your right about the try it and re-try something else. But some company's on there will offer that, few but some...
Back to top Go down
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 5:26 pm

1eightySX wrote:
I am most definitely try to be a brand whore ( those who know me can somewhat attest to this as my clothing differs between one of two brands)

I try to aplply this theory to car parts for the most part, at least with parts that matter. If you are going to go through the trouble of swapping parts into your car you should make sure they are legit. I believe you get what you are paying for. On that note I tend to buy from Golks as he has beat other places I have looked enough to make it worth while.... he is to car parts what the whole sale club is to candy.

Agreed 100%, I like to buy all my major parts from reputable brands from reputable shops.

Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Ebaycoils
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 11:41 pm

Veedub wrote:
1eightySX wrote:

Agreed 100%, I like to buy all my major parts from reputable brands from reputable shops.

Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Ebaycoils

well thats ridiculous i mean i dont know what you nissan and VW guys buy but is say Apexi or AEM products worse if you buy em from ebay or from a "reputable buyer" who jacks up the price so much, same shit different pile, same Brand name parts just ones usually cheaper. And sometimes people can match you but so far ive never been matched by anyone so i dont bother, even for tires im ordering off the internet itsj ust so much cheaper.

And i do believe in brand name shit for good shit like engine parts and suspension and rims and shit but whether my battery tie down or rad cap is anodized metal off ebay or Mugen or Skunk2 i could care less
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2008, 12:15 am

I mostly buy from golks as my his prices usually meet or exceed what I find on Ebay... and I don't have to worry about counterfeit shit. Thats just me though.
Back to top Go down
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2008, 12:21 am

A lot of good shops are willingly to price match, and you can find good deals through enthusiast sites. Group buys are also a good way to save money.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2008, 12:55 am

Alot of that shit on Ebay is refurbished goods, where the defective shit is repaired then sold of. Read closely on some of those ads and you will notice this somewhat hush hush secret.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?   Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skunk2 Mega N1 Exhaust or Apex-i N1 Exhaust for Integra Type R?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next