Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exhaust Fix?!

Go down 
+2
Rob
corey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Exhaust Fix?! Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust Fix?!   Exhaust Fix?! Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2008, 12:13 am

Well my new 240sx is straight piped and I'm starting to find it almost too loud. I want too avoid getting harrassed by the cops but i dont want too quiet it tooo much.

I'm unsure if i should just get a Resonator or a Muffler, my biggest fear is loosing the mean sound and i dont want no ricey trash.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Exhaust Fix?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Fix?!   Exhaust Fix?! Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2008, 12:15 am

I still think resonator would make it just right
Back to top Go down
SteveK
Rank 5
Rank 5
SteveK

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Exhaust Fix?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Fix?!   Exhaust Fix?! Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2008, 12:15 am

corey wrote:
Well my new 240sx is straight piped and I'm starting to find it almost too loud. I want too avoid getting harrassed by the cops but i dont want too quiet it tooo much.

I'm unsure if i should just get a Resonator or a Muffler, my biggest fear is loosing the mean sound and i dont want no ricey trash.

keep it Smile!
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Exhaust Fix?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Fix?!   Exhaust Fix?! Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2008, 1:58 am

I ran a mid pipe and I shot fire out of my exhaust, but the police never said anything (about the loudness anyway), so you should be okay in those terms. I say keep it.
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

Number of posts : 303
Vehicle : 97 Prarie Porche
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Exhaust Fix?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Fix?!   Exhaust Fix?! Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2008, 11:35 am

Well it does sound amazing but yea it could get you into trouble with the authoritay! I don't know what you should do, it's just one of those things :S
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Exhaust Fix?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Fix?!   Exhaust Fix?! Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2008, 11:45 pm

I think I'm at the point where the loud exhaust is starting to drive me crazy.
Basically I just don't understand how I would ever get away without getting some sort of ticket for it being that loud?

I also gutted all the carpet/panels in the back hatch area which probly does not help. Hmm
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

Number of posts : 303
Vehicle : 97 Prarie Porche
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Exhaust Fix?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Fix?!   Exhaust Fix?! Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2008, 11:49 pm

Yea you were shifting at low RPM today so it wasn't so noisy but when you gave her holy shit! I don't think it's a matter of if you get a ticket its when you get a ticket with it.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Exhaust Fix?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Fix?!   Exhaust Fix?! Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2008, 6:04 pm

My mazda was crazy loud and I never got a ticket, and I am quite sure the previous owner did not get one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Exhaust Fix?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Fix?!   Exhaust Fix?! Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2008, 10:23 pm

1eightySX wrote:
My mazda was crazy loud and I never got a ticket, and I am quite sure the previous owner did not get one.
Hmm, well maybe painting my rims all flat black will kind of take the heat off my car and I'll just keep the exhaust how it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exhaust Fix?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Fix?!   Exhaust Fix?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exhaust Fix?!
Page 1 of 1