Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No more RHD in Quebec

Go down 
+27
Jex
Black
locked2
jdm_itr
1 hip
1eightySX
Rob
veedub
Fiorante
corey
troyjule
duggyb
JSharp
240sxy
Golks
Kalashnikov
Earlface
lu!$
Marshal
UBR WGN
Soup
Jhall
_....
laynehip
JYB116
Piett
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

No more RHD in Quebec Empty
PostSubject: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 9:15 am

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/showthread.php?t=44125

After years of hearing about banning RHD cars .. Quebec did it.. this morning.
How... well, before registering a car at the SAAQ, we need to pass an inspection, these inspection centers received a paper telling that if the steering is on the wrong side, they cannot pass the inspection, so thats mean, no inspection sheet = no plates. This is official since today, for 180days, which after this delay, they'll decide if they keep it that way or go back like before.
RHD that are already plated will be ok, but for how long ?
Back to top Go down
JYB116
Rank 8
Rank 8
JYB116

Number of posts : 1788
Vehicle : Nissan skyline gtr
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 9:42 am

thats fucking dumb
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 10:43 am

i think it has more to do with quebecs distaste for the english
its clever racism!
Back to top Go down
_....
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 11:25 am

We should do something here to show support, those of use that have rhd or just anybody, this could just as easily come here. I want to know what studies this ban was based on, this caught me by surprise, i mean there is alway talk of it but this came out of the blue.
Back to top Go down
_....
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 11:27 am

I was just thinking, i wonder if this is a side effect to the poor shape some of the domestic car companies are in?
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 12:03 pm

well they can't force you to sell your car when its already been plated, so im assuming for people who already are good should be fine forever?
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 12:38 pm

nisrix wrote:
We should do something here to show support, those of use that have rhd or just anybody, this could just as easily come here. I want to know what studies this ban was based on, this caught me by surprise, i mean there is alway talk of it but this came out of the blue.

This ban wasn't based on any studies. They are banned so they can DO the studies. Importers in Quebec will be hurting. Anything on their lots that are not registered are useless.
Back to top Go down
UBR WGN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 12:42 pm

finally something good comes out of Quebec.......
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 12:55 pm

UBR WGN wrote:
haha

This is not a surprise to me. There has always been talk. Yes it is bad for the importers there with cars on their lots. But North America has the oldest cars on the road, and now we are importing other countries old cars.

Its still a shame, there are some pretty nice cars that come out of there
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 1:40 pm

Marshal wrote:
UBR WGN wrote:
But North America has the oldest cars on the road, and now we are importing other countries old cars.
I dont think North America has old cars, you better look down south... shits down there rusting everywhere...

SoupGTR wrote:
Importers in Quebec will be hurting. Anything on their lots that are not registered are useless.
They are not useless, this means more ppl in the west will be able to buy them for cheaper... they must sell them somehow..

But yeah sad to see this happening
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
Earlface
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 349
Vehicle : 07 Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 1:50 pm

because it really matters? if you have one currently they will have to allow you to grandfather it in
Back to top Go down
Kalashnikov
Rank 2
Rank 2
Kalashnikov

Number of posts : 81
Vehicle : 1993 RX7(FD3S)
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 3:23 pm

WOW! consider the fact RHD drive cars are in better shape then a 5 year old car here in Canada, you have to run at least 91 octane in the bad boys means they burn cleaner and better for the enviroment, then canadain cars. You have to take your time passing ppl on the highway and wait until the light turns yelllow making a left hand turn at an intersection, making RHD cars safer to operated, oh and parelle parking i can do with my eyes close. Quebec are always the first to put any law threw then the rest of Canada follows it's a matter of time before we can't import them here also, Sask is already legally stealing from us at the safety,by making us change everything to dot, sask is the only province to do so.
I'm so pissed because my dream car the R34 GTR was going to be mine!! all mine now i'm going to have to settle with 1998 twin rotary LHD from the states.FUCK ME!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwag.ca
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 4:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 4:33 pm

luispizarro25 wrote:
Marshal wrote:
UBR WGN wrote:
But North America has the oldest cars on the road, and now we are importing other countries old cars.
I dont think North America has old cars, you better look down south... shits down there rusting everywhere...

SoupGTR wrote:
Importers in Quebec will be hurting. Anything on their lots that are not registered are useless.
They are not useless, this means more ppl in the west will be able to buy them for cheaper... they must sell them somehow..

But yeah sad to see this happening

Well the reason we are getting the cars so cheap from japan is becuase they are almost forced to sell them becasue they are taxed so heavily over there if they are old cars. In europe, everything is new. An old car is something more than 5 years old over there. Its almost unheard of to own a car that is 10 years old, let alone 20.

You cannot tell me that it is "better for the environment" to drive a twin turbo skyline or rx-7 becasue it runs on premium, than it is to drive a colbalt that runs on regular.
And more and more companies are making cars where it is recommended to run premium. Believe me, I am on the side in favour of RHD cars. But no one can say they didn;t see this comming
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 4:35 pm

you should run any boosted car on premium
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 4:39 pm

Kalashnikov wrote:
now i'm going to have to settle with 1998 twin rotary LHD from the states.FUCK ME!!

thought they only made USDM rx7's till '95 scratch
Back to top Go down
Golks
Rank 5
Rank 5
Golks

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : '98 Honda
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 4:42 pm

SoupGTR wrote:
kit car the r34.
http://www.kaizoindustries.com/uni/

That doesn't work in Canada and i wish people would stop thinking that it will.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 4:45 pm

bahrx7 wrote:
Kalashnikov wrote:
now i'm going to have to settle with 1998 twin rotary LHD from the states.FUCK ME!!

well you obviously no nothing evan. i have lost all faith in your knowledge of the wankie power.
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 4:50 pm

240sxy wrote:
bahrx7 wrote:
Kalashnikov wrote:

well you obviously no nothing evan. i have lost all faith in your knowledge of the wankie power.

come take this POS and everything for it from my garage, NAO!
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 4:51 pm

bahrx7 wrote:
240sxy wrote:
bahrx7 wrote:
Kalashnikov wrote:

i only have a fiver on me

do you have change?
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 4:53 pm

240sxy wrote:
bahrx7 wrote:
240sxy wrote:
bahrx7 wrote:
Kalashnikov wrote:

i only have a fiver on me

do you have change?

sure do, you sure youll be able to drive LHD?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 4:54 pm

probably not. I saw him "drive" that s2000
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 4:56 pm

Marshal wrote:

top was down

it was windy

i was disoriented
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 4:57 pm

240sxy wrote:
Marshal wrote:

top was down

it was windy

i was disoriented

In the parkade?
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: No more RHD in Quebec   No more RHD in Quebec Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 4:58 pm

Marshal wrote:
240sxy wrote:
Marshal wrote:

top was down

it was windy

i was disoriented

In the parkade?

tire pressures were inadequate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content