Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RHD ban in Quebec permanent

Go down 
+8
GOLX
Noops
doom26464
1eightySX
abs0Lut
Piett
laynehip
_....
12 posters
AuthorMessage
_....
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-03-16

RHD ban in Quebec permanent Empty
PostSubject: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 6:10 pm

Go here, to read more, weak sauce..
http://forum.ivoac.ca/showthread.php?t=3458
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 6:16 pm

WERE NEXT!
what are the arguements against rhd cars?
I wonder if they will ever ban middle hand drive
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 6:22 pm

affraid
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 6:32 pm

Quote :
Thus, vehicles with a steering wheel can move right in Quebec are as follows:

is it just me or does this not make any fucking sense at all haha.

atleast they can keep their cars if they had them registered before april of last year, but even if they couldn't i dont give a fuck because I hate those french fucks.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 6:36 pm

The article is so screwed because it has been translated poorly.

which brings us back to the hating the french part.
Back to top Go down
_....
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 6:38 pm

I'm concerned with the fact that it could spread here eventually though, there are some cars I wouldn't mind buying that aren't legal yet. I never bought the whole safety issue they bring up. Its been 3 years since i got mine and I've never had a problem with any aspect of driving.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 6:39 pm

Easy now. When it comes to Quebec and the are completely different from the rest of Canda. Will this catch on, is it probable. I would say no. It hasn't happened in BC yet and they are generally seen as having the biggest problem with RHD. I think Quebec had a big problem with illegal imports as well so I guess they fixed that wagon.

Sometimes we forget that our government is suppose to work for us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
doom26464
Rank 4
Rank 4
doom26464

Number of posts : 411
Vehicle : MR-2 GT, Civic SiR
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 6:50 pm

keep in mind quebec wants to separte from canada and pretty much have there own goverment party on a federal level.

either way if this was a western province then I would be showing concern

Last edited by doom26464 on April 26th 2010, 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
doom26464
Rank 4
Rank 4
doom26464

Number of posts : 411
Vehicle : MR-2 GT, Civic SiR
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 6:50 pm

doom26464 wrote:
keep in mind quebec wants to separte from canada and pretty much have there own goverment party on a federal level.

either way if this was a western province then I would be showing concern
Back to top Go down
_....
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 6:51 pm

Ya i read some of that in there, im not super concerned

Last edited by _.... on July 21st 2020, 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 6:53 pm

I don think we will ever follow what Quebec is doing, theres a reason why there seperating from the rest of the country
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
GOLX
Rank 2
Rank 2
GOLX

Number of posts : 59
Vehicle : '91 S13, '93 R33 GTS-T
Registration date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 6:57 pm

A couple more articles...

Speedhunters - http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/04/26/news-gt-gt-quebec-bans-rhd-vehicles.aspx

Blufaction - http://blufaction.wordpress.com/2010/04/25/quebec-permanantly-bans-rhd-vehicles/

Quebec works differently than the rest of Canada. I'm sure there is the possibility of this spreading through out, as we have been hearing about this for a few years now for the whole country. But the likelyhood of this happening in the near future is slim. Unlike Quebec, the rest of Canada would likely do a study of sorts before making such a ridiculous decision.

The only problem I see with RHD vehicles is some of the kids who buy them when they turn 16, which the amount of power you usually have in Japanese vehicles is too much for the youngsters to handle. They go out with this powerful car, yet having not near enough experience to be using it to its potential. Sure they are cheap and nice, but some parents have to use their heads and maybe research what their kid is interested in. But it seems parents now a days don't use any discipline, so come the teenage years, they have no control over their kids.

I'm gonna leave my opinion/rant at that.
Back to top Go down
http://dodo-logic.ca
GOLX
Rank 2
Rank 2
GOLX

Number of posts : 59
Vehicle : '91 S13, '93 R33 GTS-T
Registration date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 7:08 pm

And what I've pointed out there isn't even all that RHD related. Though new drivers often make wrong/bad decisions when driving. Turning left and passing people on the highway could lead to bad decisions. But otherwise, I think banning RHD cars is ludicris!
Back to top Go down
http://dodo-logic.ca
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 7:23 pm

As we have seen with things like government mandated child seats for kids over 2, all it takes is a couple passionate pleas to make things law. There is tons of laws not based on facts but just misguided over-sensationalism.
Pbviously Quebec is fucked but I do not think it is unfathomable for other parts of Canada to start adopting this law.

But as long as they dont start cracking down on bicycles I am happy.
Also, isn't there plenty of places in europe and other places to the east (far east) that have a wide variety of rhd, lhd on their roads.
They seem to cope.
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 10:06 pm

if this passed in Saskatchewan it would piss me off more than loosing the 10 packs of Prime Times haha

Last edited by abs0Lut on April 26th 2010, 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 10:08 pm

theres a french fry spy among us, hiding in the shadows
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

Number of posts : 752
Vehicle : 2008 Toyota Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 10:19 pm

oh noes! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.306motorclub.com
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 10:28 pm

GOLX wrote:
And what I've pointed out there isn't even all that RHD related. Though new drivers often make wrong/bad decisions when driving. Turning left and passing people on the highway could lead to bad decisions. But otherwise, I think banning RHD cars is ludicris!

agreed this is ludacris
RHD ban in Quebec permanent Ludacris9
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 10:31 pm

sickyy, make this SK offical!!!
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2010, 2:41 am

Moneypits wrote:
GOLX wrote:

agreed this is ludacris
RHD ban in Quebec permanent Ludacris9

Probably should have used a 2 Fast 2 Furious picture... jokes need to be relevant.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2010, 9:59 am

google 2 fast 2 furious ludacris this picture of him shows up first page.

jeeze dont be a cunt
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2010, 11:21 am

Ha.
RHD ban in Quebec permanent 1227639714ff2_1024ludacris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RHD ban in Quebec permanent   RHD ban in Quebec permanent Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RHD ban in Quebec permanent
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: General-
Jump to: