Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!

Go down 
+20
subbie
1eightySX
its.eric
JSharp
Jhall
dev
SteveK
canadian_ef
d3v
240sxy
Thai-kun
Marshal
JYB116
lu!$
RyanR
Black
Moneypits
laynehip
Soup
duggyb
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:43 pm

New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Viggen%20side

get some saab viggen
Back to top Go down
duggyb
Rank 5
Rank 5
duggyb

Number of posts : 680
Vehicle : 09' Mustang GT & 94' Nissan Silvia
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:44 pm

budgets 14,400 after everything i want to keep my payments under $300 a month becuase that is what i am currently paying and can handle it fine....i said 10 to leave room for fees,interest,and other applicable fees....so say budgets 15g for everything....happy?

and im 19 btw....not that it should matter.

Thanks.
Dustin
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:46 pm

duggyb wrote:
budgets 14,400 after everything i want to keep my payments under $300 a month becuase that is what i am currently paying and can handle it fine....i said 10 to leave room for fees,interest,and other applicable fees....so say budgets 15g for everything....happy?

Thanks.
Dustin

just buy that black m5
shouldnt be more than 14,400
but might be ha
New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 M52bm0
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:49 pm

buy the saab, buy the saab. Stay away from the m5. You won't like that at all
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:49 pm

why not a nice MK4 with a 2JZ in it...
Im sure you will be remember, just try to get someone who could take payments or take a loan from the bank.
New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Toyota%20Supra%20BLACK
You will be a legend. I swear
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:52 pm

marshal wrote:
buy the saab, buy the saab. Stay away from the m5. You won't like that at all
is the m5 the car that "caught your eye"? if it is i apologize for posting it (however you have to admit it would be a "crew" stopper and shower upper)
but yeah buy a saab
barely any body drives saabs
especially a viggen one
New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Blue%20viggen%20wallpaper
Back to top Go down
duggyb
Rank 5
Rank 5
duggyb

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:52 pm

i heard saabs are expensive to keep on the road....true? and hard to find service for?

also never thought of a supra where is the best place to pick one of them up?

and yes the loan will be coming from the bank...paperwork is ready...i have a prime plus 2% interest rate...so 8% total at current conditions...its a floating prime.

Thanks.
Dustin
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

Number of posts : 752
Vehicle : 2008 Toyota Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:56 pm

duggyb wrote:

Thanks.
Dustin

Yes I am generally happy. I just wanted to make sure you understand all the various costs that goes into buying a used OOP or Out of country vehicle. Just because you know someone who has the "hookup" on things doesn't mean youl get a quality piece. Judging by your first post of not wanting to own a Honda because your CREW has them, I figured you were young. Drive a bunch of cars, find one you can live with and can afford, purchase it and enjoy.

Last edited by RyanR on April 22nd 2009, 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.306motorclub.com
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:57 pm

yeah go for some fucked up import rhd jdm car
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 9:00 pm

wait!
New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Picture%20896
gets a 90's jaguar
but make sure its an Xj12 or an XjR
your crew wont be able to touch that
Back to top Go down
duggyb
Rank 5
Rank 5
duggyb

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 9:02 pm

i don't NOT want to drive a Honda because of what my CREW thinks...i want to not buy a Honda because i cant picture myself owning one....i am not sure why all the Honda owners get bent out of shape when someone doesn't want their brand....its plain and simple...i don't want a Honda or Acura becuase of the name people have given them....not to mention i want something there is is not an abundance of in Regina....

and i am not stuck on a out of country vehicle...and am aware of the costs associated...hence why i would like to stay in Canada unless the dollar gets better....i have brought sleds back before and its pretty easy assuming the dollar is alright.

p.s. layne how on earth did you ever pick a car? i know i have ADD but shit son.

Thanks.
Dusitn

Last edited by duggyb on April 22nd 2009, 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 9:02 pm

laynehip wrote:
wait!
New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Picture%20896
gets a 90's jaguar
but make sure its an Xj12 or an XjR
your crew wont be able to touch that

neither will the driver as it will be in the service center all the damn time haha.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

no Layne, thats is not the car the has caught my eye.
New cars are gross. especailly an m5. It would be a 1995 m3 in dakar yellow, alpine white III, or in red, and that is the newest car i would buy.

The one that caught my eye was a older car, much like the white one, just not white.

Plus, I am not nearly cool enough to buy a m5. But if I did, I could roll with those VIP guys with the AMG and Lexus or whatever it is who thinks it is cool to do brake torques. We all know he only has 2 inches of tire combined touchign the ground due to camber
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 9:04 pm

please stop mentioning your CREW. We know you are talking about the Golden Mile Brigade. And that is cool. Buy a car for what you want please.
And we get it, you do not want a honda.
EVERYONE PLEASE STOP MENTIONING HONDAS
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 9:07 pm

Fair enough. I just don't get the allure of owning something that not many people own. Lots of the same cars around = lots of parts available. Also lots of shops that can repair said car. You can practically build an 85 chev 1/2ton just by walking into partsource.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 9:08 pm

New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 2255614695_c2410451de_o
1995 xjr
below 10,000 dollars
fuck now i want a jaguar
Back to top Go down
duggyb
Rank 5
Rank 5
duggyb

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 9:10 pm

marshal wrote:
please stop mentioning your CREW. We know you are talking about the Golden Mile Brigade. And that is cool. Buy a car for what you want please.
And we get it, you do not want a honda.
EVERYONE PLEASE STOP MENTIONING HONDAS

for god sakes....please do not mention those people....i am not nor ever will be associated with them....the people i drive around with dont park at goldenmile every friday night and wait for people to show up...sure we might rip through there but sure as hell don't hangout there all evening.

Thanks.
Dustin
Back to top Go down
Thai-kun
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 810
Vehicle : 2000 Honda S2000 [AP1]
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 9:11 pm

duggyb wrote:

Definite No's-Any Honda or Acura

No idea if I should be offended...Oh well, I'll stick to my perfectly balanced car Cool

Anyways, welcome. *nothing else to contribute*
Back to top Go down
duggyb
Rank 5
Rank 5
duggyb

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 9:13 pm

please don't be offended...i like hondas...i just dont want one myself...just looking for something different.

Thanks.
Dustin
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 9:13 pm

i know the people you are mentioning. the guy with the black mustang with HID everything then?
nice car btw.

Seriously, buy RHD. You can get a twin turbo soarer in moose jaw for $6500.
Back to top Go down
duggyb
Rank 5
Rank 5
duggyb

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 9:16 pm

yeah RHD sounds sweet...but i heard cops are really out to get them this summer....true?

and yes the HID stang is nice...my buddy with the 96 has tried to run him but he doesn't seem to want to...
you may see us stop in golden mile for a couple minutes...but we are not the group that is there lots(green civic,stang with HID's,burban,silver SRT4..some other cars)

Thanks.
Dustin
Back to top Go down
JYB116
Rank 8
Rank 8
JYB116

Number of posts : 1788
Vehicle : Nissan skyline gtr
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 9:17 pm

marshal wrote:
i know the people you are mentioning. the guy with the black mustang with HID everything then?
nice car btw.

Seriously, buy RHD. You can get a twin turbo soarer in moose jaw for $6500.

hah thats moser haha fuckng sick mustang love that car
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 9:45 pm

Hey why don't you buy honda?

Better yet... just put wheels on your snowmobile.
Back to top Go down
duggyb
Rank 5
Rank 5
duggyb

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 10:00 pm

haha i wish i could put wheels on my sled but i think it might have an overheating problem on dry pavement....hehe....it would run a SICK 1/4 mile time though!

anyone else have ideas for cars?

Thanks.
Dustin
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 10:34 pm

Nissan S-Cargo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next