Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need your guys's opinions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Need your guys's opinions Empty
PostSubject: Need your guys's opinions   Need your guys's opinions Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2008, 8:12 pm

So do you think this could be the reason my supra ran like a bag of shit?

Need your guys's opinions IMG_0571
Need your guys's opinions IMG_0572
Need your guys's opinions IMG_0573

Seems as though there is a few sections of gasket missing..

HAH
Back to top Go down
Cody
Rank 3
Rank 3
Cody

Number of posts : 193
Vehicle : 1981 Malibu 355sbc
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Need your guys's opinions   Need your guys's opinions Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2008, 8:17 pm

That doesn't really help matters lol

I was working on a newer Impala and I changed the lower and upper intake manifold gaskets and it was also missing some gasket, very weird
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Need your guys's opinions   Need your guys's opinions Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2008, 8:20 pm

BTW anyone know of a good place I can go to get the injectors flow tested??
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Need your guys's opinions   Need your guys's opinions Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2008, 8:42 pm

flow tested? are you sreious? That kinda alot of work for an old car. rebuilt injectors are dirt cheap. If you use Bosch injectors, I will sell you a set of 19LBS(200CC) injectors for cheap cheap, they are compltely rebuilt and cleaner with new o-rings and everything.
I wouldn't worry about havinh them flow tested. when tehy are one the car, adn the car is running, probe the terminals and see if they are getting a signal, or just put a long screw driver to an injector and the other end to your ear, and see if you cfan hear a pulsating when the car is running. that will tell you if they are opperating.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Need your guys's opinions   Need your guys's opinions Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2008, 8:46 pm

Well i cant exactly tell HOW well they are working considering the car never actually ran good at all.. Remember, this car sat for 6+ years. I just dont wanna have to rip it apart again beacuse of something stupid like a shitty injector, you know what i mean?

Im not too sure how well those injectors would work in it that you have. Stock is 182cc. What do you think
Back to top Go down
dr.dub
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Need your guys's opinions   Need your guys's opinions Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2008, 9:24 pm

chances are you got one sticking or somthing like that. just go to bucks and get a harness off somthing and make a little harness and try pulsing them with a battery on the bench. if one is stuck just give it a few taps with a wrench.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Need your guys's opinions   Need your guys's opinions Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2008, 9:26 pm

post a pic of what the injectors look like. and seeing as how they are only a little bit bigger, they would be a nice little upgrade, if your factory ones are either worn out, or were never good enough to begin with(like my car's was). Bosch injectors will swap out for bosch injectors, so if you want them, they are good there. These injectors flowed too much for my car, and I will be scaling down to 17lbs injectors.
Back to top Go down
doom26464
Rank 4
Rank 4
doom26464

Number of posts : 411
Vehicle : MR-2 GT, Civic SiR
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Need your guys's opinions   Need your guys's opinions Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2008, 11:07 pm

I had a mainfold like that on my supra. Caused the car to idel very bad,to the point of it dying all the time and became undrivable, and under load it ran like piss. As for injectors, I wouldn't waste the money but I think for a set of 6 to be cleaned and flow tested you be looking at around the 100buxs mark.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Need your guys's opinions   Need your guys's opinions Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2008, 10:47 pm

Put new gaskets in, left the injectors alone. Car runs great now.

Just need to do the timing and then the exhaust and shes good to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need your guys's opinions   Need your guys's opinions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need your guys's opinions
Page 1 of 1