Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!

Go down 
+20
subbie
1eightySX
its.eric
JSharp
Jhall
dev
SteveK
canadian_ef
d3v
240sxy
Thai-kun
Marshal
JYB116
lu!$
RyanR
Black
Moneypits
laynehip
Soup
duggyb
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
JSharp
Rank 8
Rank 8
JSharp

Number of posts : 1577
Vehicle : 2002 Yamaha R1, 2003 Nissan 350z, 2005 Yamaha R6
Registration date : 2008-05-19

New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2009, 7:23 pm

Marshal wrote:
i was there. That was oversteer, becasue you took a corner far to fast, then jerked the wheel the other way, ccausing the back end to slide out.
I realize drifting is cool, but havign a car oversteer once, i might add, does not make it a great handeling car.

Now, back on topic.
Duggy, but something older, with a turbo. Bolt-ons are easy to to, and net big gains on turbo cars. plus you get to do neat things like water/methanol injection, intercooler sprayers, ect ect

I like how you pretend to know everything i do.... Like that was the only instance in months that my car broke traction....... but whatever im done
Back to top Go down
binjoau
Rank 3
Rank 3
binjoau

Number of posts : 201
Vehicle : 09WRX
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2009, 4:27 am

WReX wrote:
binjoau wrote:
Only the STi has the computer controlled AWD system, the WRX is just Symetrical AWD. I actually find that my rex is amazing in the corners, i mean its not going to be as good as a Ferrari but considering the crappy road conditions in regina, gravel and dust etc im glad all of my wheels are working for me in the corners.

haha wow another fellow WRX owner, HELLO!! lol jkjk, I've met you before in visions, i got the black hatch back WRX.

What have you done to your wrx to give it 300+hp??

Im running the Cobb Accessport on Stage 1 94 Octane map atm. The online maps from Cobb put it at 317.5 but the onboard dyno calculator says 320 lol. Il take the extra 3hp!
I was super happy to get 50hp just with the remapping but I guess the Sti's turbo helps a fair bit. Shame its a smaller intercooler though Crying or Very sad

Id be interested to go for a run in yours and see what its like? What do you have done to it? The Accessport is an amazing bit of equipment but at $1000 its not Cheap!

Oh Marshall, what do you drive out of curiosity?

Have you ever driven a computer controlled AWD and a non cpu AWD to feel the differences? Do you have any experience in all
types of performance drivetrains? FWD, RWD, AWD? You seem to preach quite readily but tbh only a racing driver with years of experience could say which is better.
Yes on a racetrack a RWD is best with perfect conditions hence F1 cars but when you consider some of the best handling cars on the street are AWD, GTR, EVO's, STi's, etc you shouldn't be so quick to judge.
I think with most peoples driving ability AWD will be faster and much safer around corners than RWD, the back end on my rex floats round perfectly when put beyond the limit. It doesnt just let go crazy style like the BMW's or Mustangs I have driven,
not something you want happening at 160k!

Im not trying to start a beak fest but Im just saying dont be so quick to offer expert advice if your not an expert. Oh and if you are a race car driver I apologise. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JSharp
Rank 8
Rank 8
JSharp

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2009, 5:46 am

binjoau wrote:
WReX wrote:
binjoau wrote:
Only the STi has the computer controlled AWD system, the WRX is just Symetrical AWD. I actually find that my rex is amazing in the corners, i mean its not going to be as good as a Ferrari but considering the crappy road conditions in regina, gravel and dust etc im glad all of my wheels are working for me in the corners.

haha wow another fellow WRX owner, HELLO!! lol jkjk, I've met you before in visions, i got the black hatch back WRX.

What have you done to your wrx to give it 300+hp??

Im running the Cobb Accessport on Stage 1 94 Octane map atm. The online maps from Cobb put it at 317.5 but the onboard dyno calculator says 320 lol. Il take the extra 3hp!
I was super happy to get 50hp just with the remapping but I guess the Sti's turbo helps a fair bit. Shame its a smaller intercooler though Crying or Very sad

Id be interested to go for a run in yours and see what its like? What do you have done to it? The Accessport is an amazing bit of equipment but at $1000 its not Cheap!

Oh Marshall, what do you drive out of curiosity?

Have you ever driven a computer controlled AWD and a non cpu AWD to feel the differences? Do you have any experience in all
types of performance drivetrains? FWD, RWD, AWD? You seem to preach quite readily but tbh only a racing driver with years of experience could say which is better.
Yes on a racetrack a RWD is best with perfect conditions hence F1 cars but when you consider some of the best handling cars on the street are AWD, GTR, EVO's, STi's, etc you shouldn't be so quick to judge.
I think with most peoples driving ability AWD will be faster and much safer around corners than RWD, the back end on my rex floats round perfectly when put beyond the limit. It doesnt just let go crazy style like the BMW's or Mustangs I have driven,
not something you want happening at 160k!

Im not trying to start a beak fest but Im just saying dont be so quick to offer expert advice if your not an expert. Oh and if you are a race car driver I apologise. Very Happy

you better start apologizing to everyone cause I think alot of people think they are better drivers at the limit then they really are (except me, i am as good as i think i em) AND I THINK PRETTY FUCKING HIGHLY OF MYSELF haha jk (i do think marshal has more racing experience then most though, never seen him actually drive at the limit but yeah)
Back to top Go down
JSharp
Rank 8
Rank 8
JSharp

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2009, 5:48 am

whats the hp difference between the 08 and 09's again? (WRX that is)
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2009, 7:28 am

I have driven an early style AWD at the limit, and a later computer controlled one, but never at the limit. I have driven one FWD car at the limit and have never been a fan, but that was just one car.
I do not think of myself as an amazing, driver, but I have been racing since I was 8 years old, and can hold my own many would say.
There is no doubt in my mind that AWD is much safe than RWD, but faster, I have yet to see. Maybe on a street with less than desirable road conditions. But someone much more skilled than myself can always make a RWD car handle and corner faster than a AWD or a FWD car.
I currently own a few older BMWs, and I have always been a fan of the early ones, and how they handel on the limit, and their tendancies to retain a neutral composure through the corners aslong as you apply throttle.
The thoughts expressed were purely my own, and I did not meen to sound preechy. It just always bothers me when people, especially Subaru commercials(no offence) say that AWD helps you corner better, brake faster/better and all that fun stuff.
But it has been proven time and time again, that an experienced driver can do much more with a FR than one car do with a AWD vehicle. AWD was added to vehicles for stability, and grip for acceleration on less than desirable conditions, i.e. rally racing.
I have never been a fan of the computers in a car to allow me to do great feats. I've never been a fan of never cars for that matter becasue you feel like you are just positioning the car around, not actually driving it. Once again, the thoughts expressed are purely my own.
You more than likely will never see me drive at the limit of my ability, becasue it is that, the limit, and on the street, there are too many variables, loose sand on the inside of a corner or something like that, or a pedestrian, not to mention if someone sees it, to make it worth even trying.

The limit of the driver should be reserved for the racetrack only. No exception
Forget I even brough up the topic.
Back to top Go down
binjoau
Rank 3
Rank 3
binjoau

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2009, 9:30 am

You maka a good point, of course RWD will always be the best for the track and tbh after driving the new EVOX at the limit a few times im not a fan of cpu assisted cars. I am definitley not a racing driver but I still didnt like finding the limit and then something trying to extend that with cpu's!
It actually just feels like cheating, I mean if you need a cpu to go faster than your never going to progress as a driver. I guess AWD for the street and RWD for the track are the safest options only due to road conditions. Unless like you said the person is a good driver and they can really handle a RWD car.
I wasnt meaning to sound like a dick either, not hear to beak at all. I just get fed up of people preeching when they have no real driving experience, you obvioulsly do.
Anyways im off to remove my front axles, hahah jk.
Back to top Go down
binjoau
Rank 3
Rank 3
binjoau

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2009, 9:34 am

JSharp wrote:

09 is 265 stock
08 is 224 stock
My 09..... about 320hp Very Happy
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2009, 9:42 am

binjoau wrote:
JSharp wrote:

09 is 265 stock
08 is 224 stock

I have absolutely no idea what im running, lol

I got a invidia catless downpipe to a perrin cat-back exhaust, and just added the perrin Cold air intake which gives almost an additional 20% HP when tuned for it. I got a custom satge 2 map made for my car with the intake from perrin. Im pushing almost 17psi. Im prob in the 300's hp tho. I raced a 350Z on the weekend and beat him by like 2 car lengths (killed him off the line Very Happy AWD!!! lol) but ya i havent tried that "in car dyno" its not all that accuracte and i want to put the sti turbo in soooo bad hahaha its like $900 tho plus i gotta install and geta new map...
Back to top Go down
binjoau
Rank 3
Rank 3
binjoau

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2009, 10:08 am

WReX wrote:
binjoau wrote:
JSharp wrote:

09 is 265 stock
08 is 224 stock

I have absolutely no idea what im running, lol

I got a invidia catless downpipe to a perrin cat-back exhaust, and just added the perrin Cold air intake which gives almost an additional 20% HP when tuned for it. I got a custom satge 2 map made for my car with the intake from perrin. Im pushing almost 17psi. Im prob in the 300's hp tho. I raced a 350Z on the weekend and beat him by like 2 car lengths (killed him off the line Very Happy AWD!!! lol) but ya i havent tried that "in car dyno" its not all that accuracte and i want to put the sti turbo in soooo bad hahaha its like $900 tho plus i gotta install and geta new map...

Yeah you must be around 300hp for sure, I badly want the Cobb turbo back exhaust but its nearly $1400! Not exactly cheap! If you want to go for a spin in my Rex il be working at Visions all day today until 6.
i know the Perrin maps are more aggresive than the Cobb ones thats for sure and im running about the same boost 17-17.5psi, I think the STi turbo must be the biggest difference, it just keeps winding like no tomorrow!! lol

Oh and i know the onboard dyno isnt accurate, Cobbs proper map says 317.5 so il take my extra 3hp and round it up hahaha
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2009, 12:37 pm

what has happend here ? im off for 3 days and i miss all this . dustin do a ground up on the cavi Razz oh and b$injoau i thought you were a douch at first two cause you and i think its your bro in the focus deff were revving beside me and flying by me one night on albert but whateve at least your not in a mustang and thro what i red on the last few pages i can tell your a good guy lol so you should show up for a carwash meet there is one tonight if anyone shows
Back to top Go down
binjoau
Rank 3
Rank 3
binjoau

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2009, 12:53 pm

Im not trying to be a douche bag lol! Yeah ive seen your car its sweet! Always been a fan of white Typr R's! So you got anything done to it?
I know some of us are out tonight, where is your wash meet? Im hoping that one night we can get a massive crew of cars together. maybe 30ish and cruise the city, so much fun!!!!

Ps: If ive pissed anyone off im sorry! Im not a douche! lol
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2009, 12:58 pm

binjoau wrote:
Im not trying to be a douche bag lol! Yeah ive seen your car its sweet! Always been a fan of white Typr R's! So you got anything done to it?
I know some of us are out tonight, where is your wash meet? Im hoping that one night we can get a massive crew of cars together. maybe 30ish and cruise the city, so much fun!!!!

Ps: If ive pissed anyone off im sorry! Im not a douche! lol
um well ill be at the gym till 930 so i want to meet after that . but we have had some large cruises like 20 or so but they tend to atract cops lol . as for whats done to my car full header with stainless t1r exhaust new head and port and polisheed nology wires and plugs hondata headgasket throtle body aem short ram excedy stage 2 clutch apexi vafc2 suspenshion and brakes in the works and it has the jdm front end conv thats about it .
Back to top Go down
binjoau
Rank 3
Rank 3
binjoau

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2009, 1:02 pm

Thats a pretty nice list of mods! Sadly having a new car im quite restricted on what mods I can do without sacrificing warranty.
I want a new exhaust so bad but its a small fortune! Well where will you guys be when your finished?? Whats your name to?

Im Alex...... hi. lol
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2009, 1:05 pm

if you wana meet come down to the carwash .ca by super store at like 930 ill be ther . my name is kyle im friends with dustin and cole lol only reason i know who you are your the british dude i think .
Back to top Go down
binjoau
Rank 3
Rank 3
binjoau

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2009, 1:04 pm

Il just bring out the TT S Line in the week sometime and let you drive it Dustin, then you can decide if you like it? I actually find the steering is a little too heavy for me! It feels very German!
Back to top Go down
duggyb
Rank 5
Rank 5
duggyb

Number of posts : 680
Vehicle : 09' Mustang GT & 94' Nissan Silvia
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2009, 4:12 pm

Sounds good alex!! I look forward to taking it for a rip!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!   New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!! - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to the boards and also getting a new car...opinions!!
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7