Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yayy Back from Ban Land

Go down 
+13
Marshal
1eightySX
Nigel
corey
veedub
L-Spec
Justin
laynehip
240sxy
Fiorante
JYB116
dev
CamJohns122
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
greddy_1700
Rank 5
Rank 5
greddy_1700

Number of posts : 654
Vehicle : 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2008, 1:16 am

corey wrote:
The 3 word beak responses are what takes completely away from this place.

Awww come on, I have been having fun doing that lately Twisted Evil

What can I say, peoples stupidity on here got to me, but I will try and be more optimistic and helpfull, just for you corey king
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2008, 1:45 am

L-Spec wrote:
I asked Cam not to submit posts admitting doing illegal things on the streets as this is a public forum,

so i shouldn't tell you about the time i picked up 17 year old mentally handicapped hooker and drove at 102kph with no muffler down Dewdney drinking whiskey while using / dealing cocaine to the high school kids in the back seat that have no seat belts on?

how many laws did i break? i count 10

but seriously. What do you guys expect? Its a forum that is composed of 85% teenagers.

-spelling is going to suck, and they wont care
-people are going to hate other people
-people are going to be jealous of other peoples cars and make them hate that person even more
-people will be immature
-some people will still need to hit puberty

same type of thing on ricers, but i believe the majority of that forum was early 20's?

take a look at 306 for example. The higher majority of people on there are in there 30's i think? Do they have banning, and mods deleting posts, and fighting? Of course. But to the level of this forum? No

Normally when you have a forum that brings in people from the same LOCATION, not a specific type of vehicle (like my hilux surf forums) you get a lot more conflicts and fighting and idiots. Now because this is a majority of younger people, it makes things even worse. when you have a forum that is vehicle specific, you have less immaturity, and more useful threads, posts, let alone members.

when you guys made this forum, what did you really think was going to happen? Im sure it started out great because it was mostly everyone knew everyone and alot of people didnt want to make an ass of themselves. Now alot more people are more "comfortable" here and can lip off a bit more and feel like their seniority will back them up.

I dont know, im just saying how i see it.

Dont try to manipulate your forum into what you want it to be, it will only piss people off.
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2008, 8:04 am

raboyto2 wrote:

so i shouldn't tell you about the time i picked up 17 year old mentally handicapped hooker and drove at 102kph with no muffler down Dewdney drinking whiskey while using / dealing cocaine to the high school kids in the back seat that have no seat belts on?

how many laws did i break? i count 10
Wow. Seriously exaggerated the point on that one. But sort of, I guess? It's too keep this forums from being known as the one where kids go around picking up 17 year old yadda yadda etc etc. Let me put it this way --
Original Poster: Man, I was ripped outta my mind and I fuckin drifted three lanes did and then ripped ebrakes around this one chick and her kids and then I spun out and hit a tree LOL
Response 1: LOL SWEET
Response 2: +1 Rep
Response 3: HAHA film it
Response 4: That is awesome!!!
Response from another forum: Wow.. they are retards.
Response from cops: Did you get that, Harry?

I mean, I honestly don't give a fuck if you're speeding down the street and you kill yourself. I really don't. Just don't bring this forum down with it, mmkay? Ricers.ca had that "street racing" feel to it that the media couldn't shake off and that's kind of where we don't want this forum going.

raboyto2 wrote:

but seriously. What do you guys expect? Its a forum that is composed of 85% teenagers.

-spelling is going to suck, and they wont care
-people are going to hate other people
-people are going to be jealous of other peoples cars and make them hate that person even more
-people will be immature
-some people will still need to hit puberty
I don't think anyone was banned for these reasons. We just try to promote proper spelling and grammar LIKE ANY OTHER FORUM as forums are based 95% on literature. It's easier to read well constructed sentences then to read some shit that's all over the place. There's no banning that's done to people who slip up on punctuation, etc. Like half of what Jordan says, for example. I don't understand it. I've personally just accepted him for who he is, but he has the decency to appologize when need be, and I can actually appreciate that. We just advise proper literature, but we don't "enforce" it. As for your other points, that's fine, but to have EVERY SINGLE THREAD go to shit? Come on. What would you suggest then, Robert? Let every single thread turn to shit? Have people realise that it's not worth posting on this forum and not come back anyway? Get real.

raboyto2 wrote:

same type of thing on ricers, but i believe the majority of that forum was early 20's?

take a look at 306 for example. The higher majority of people on there are in there 30's i think? Do they have banning, and mods deleting posts, and fighting? Of course. But to the level of this forum? No

Normally when you have a forum that brings in people from the same LOCATION, not a specific type of vehicle (like my hilux surf forums) you get a lot more conflicts and fighting and idiots. Now because this is a majority of younger people, it makes things even worse. when you have a forum that is vehicle specific, you have less immaturity, and more useful threads, posts, let alone members.
Okay, and where are you going with this? Do you even know how many people are banned? It's actually not that manny. We go around joking about banning people, but seriously, it's not even that many. The only thing that would exceed the "level" on this forum is the fighting. Again though, should it just be accepted? Should every member run rampant? Should there constantly be disarray? Chaos? A foot has to be put down somewhere, but it's not going to be everywhere. I will get this out right now, I do enjoy a good beaking thread. They are fun. I just don't need it in every single thread.

raboyto2 wrote:

when you guys made this forum, what did you really think was going to happen? Im sure it started out great because it was mostly everyone knew everyone and alot of people didnt want to make an ass of themselves. Now alot more people are more "comfortable" here and can lip off a bit more and feel like their seniority will back them up.

I dont know, im just saying how i see it.
I appreciate your comments, Bert. Just try and see it from our perspective. Yes, we realise that people will argue, it is in our nature, we are just trying to not let it disturb the flow of the forum as much as it does. Also, I've already heard of authorities eyeing down these kinds of forums and having interviews with the admins when something goes wrong when they think it started off the forum. I have a friend who I suggested to sign up on here and the response I got was "Oh, yeah, my dad told me about that site". His dad is an RCMP officer.
raboyto2 wrote:

Dont try to manipulate your forum into what you want it to be, it will only piss people off.
Sorry for wanting to have a general discussion as that is what forums are created for. QCautomotive is for the automotive scene... in Regina. That is what we want it to be. If you thought the title meant something else.. we will think of a new title. Sorry for the confusion scratch

I may have missed a few points, but I'm rushed to go to work. I will go over anything I missed later. I just hope you're starting to see it from out view. Take care.
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2008, 6:27 pm

No, i do understand lucky. Just making a rant.

so ... quick question.

who started this forum?
who "owns it" ?
who runs it (mods) ?
how any people are banned? (just curious, i really dont care if people get banned) ?
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2008, 6:33 pm

Q:who started this forum?
A: Nigel and I.
Q:who "owns it" ?
A: Nigel and I.
Q:who runs it (mods) ?
A:Nigel, Lucky and I moderate it. Nigel and I being admins, Lucky being a moderator.
Q:how any people are banned? (just curious, i really dont care if people get banned) ?
A:4 people have been.
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2008, 6:33 pm

raboyto2 wrote:
No, i do understand lucky. Just making a rant.

so ... quick question.

who started this forum?
who "owns it" ?
who runs it (mods) ?
how any people are banned? (just curious, i really dont care if people get banned) ?

For sure, Bert.

Who started this forum? Nigel and Corey started this forum earlier this year.
Who "owns it" ? Nigel and Corey both put money into the forum to keep it running.
Who runs it (mods) ? I am currently the only Moderator on this forum.
How any people are banned? I believe the count is four or five, but there is a duplicate account, so it would actually be one less person. For old times sake, do you remember Alvis999?

NINJA EDIT: Corey beat me because he has nothing to do with his life but surf the internet Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yayy Back from Ban Land
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3