Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yayy Back from Ban Land

Go down 
+13
Marshal
1eightySX
Nigel
corey
veedub
L-Spec
Justin
laynehip
240sxy
Fiorante
JYB116
dev
CamJohns122
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Justin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 363
Vehicle : 00' GSR
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 1:49 pm

Make a flame lounge. We did it on another SK forum I go onto. It worked but got reallly out of hand really fast so they deleted it. Too many people flaming the noobs
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 2:01 pm

laynehip wrote:
1eightySX wrote:
Nigel wrote:
What has this forum become...

Maybe there should be tougher rules. Things have been getting more out of hand than usual. Don't get me wrong I enjoy an internet beak fest as much as the next person but lately there has been alot of personal beef on here.
tougher rules will only make things worse
attacks start in certain threads
and since those threads get locked before anyone has a chance to respond or say whats on their mind they cant
so then they bring their attacks to other threads and the whole cycle starts over again
perhaps if the people in charge would actually spend the time to delete the massive amounts of useless, off topic stuff or move it to a garbage thread instead of instantly banning members and locking threads it wouldnt get so bad

Layne kidna makes sense here. People do carry over their beefs into other unrelated threads. but then again, I can see things getting comepletely out of control if things weren't locked.

Maybe its time for some house-cleaning and clean up the useless threads. Not just clean out the rude stuff, but maybe just delete the whoe thread intirely?

Unfortunately Cam, you and I both know what you did, and I am personally surprised you didn;t get banned sooner. But Its good to see that the ban was lifted. Maybe things will be different now?
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 2:05 pm

the fact of the matter is you will never be able to solve this problem
you can only hope to subside it a little bit but even that i think is a little far fetched
we have a large varitey of age groups and interests and everything on this forum which is a perfect recipe for arguements
and if you think you can magically stop all of this by making more rules i think is a little ridiculous
there will always be disagreements and someone will always think your project is fucking stupid
and they should be allowed to say its fucking stupid
cause it probably is fucking stupid
i know corey wants to stop all negative comments and have everybody say nothing other then "like your ride yo" and that is absolutely ridiculous
and if you post up your stuff you should expect to have it ridiculed
and you should also be able to tell the person who thinks its fucking stupid that he is fucking stupid
and i know corey got all out of shape when dr.dub was bashing his ls1 project
even though he made some good points and was only expressing his opinions
but is corey really any different when he makes a thread bashing jyb for his horrible grammar

Last edited by laynehip on October 21st 2008, 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 5:19 pm

layne for mod!
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 5:38 pm

Supra wrote:
layne for mod!

lets ban layne for making long reads.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 6:18 pm

so many F-bombs...
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 6:23 pm

Layne shut the fuck up, not one person here likes you. Log out.
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 7:03 pm

laynehip wrote:
the fact of the matter is you will never be able to solve this problem
It's not about solving the problem, it's just trying to not let it become worse.

laynehip wrote:
you can only hope to subside it a little bit but even that i think is a little far fetched
That's why I'm here, and I agree, but again, all I can do is try.

laynehip wrote:
we have a large varitey of age groups and interests and everything on this forum which is a perfect recipe for arguements
Age has nothing to do with maturity. automotiveforums.com is a forum based on every single car ever made and it even has an "Off Topic/Lounge" for all members of the forum and they are a very tight knit group that I used to be very active with. To say conflicting ages and interests is a recipe for arguments, only shows your inability to socialize.

laynehip wrote:
and if you think you can magically stop all of this by making more rules i think is a little ridiculous
I don't think I can magically stop it with rules. The government places laws against murdering people, but it still happens every day. But because of laws, it makes it happen less frequently, and that's what we aim for.

laynehip wrote:
there will always be disagreements and someone will always think your project is fucking stupid
Uh.. that's fantastic.

laynehip wrote:
and they should be allowed to say its fucking stupid
cause it probably is fucking stupid
Personal preference. Not everyone can be happy.

laynehip wrote:
i know corey wants to stop all negative comments and have everybody say nothing other then "like your ride yo" and that is absolutely ridiculous
It's better making friends than enemies, but you have to realise that yes, it is a place of free speech, but that won't prevent getting your ass whooped on the street, or even getting your car vandalized....? There's a whole real world with real people out there, Layne, you should go visit it sometime. From what I've witnessed in the past, the slightest wrong word can end up in a huge catastrophe.

laynehip wrote:
and if you post up your stuff you should expect to have it ridiculed
Yes, because we do have trolls that only love going around pissing people off.

laynehip wrote:
and you should also be able to tell the person who thinks its fucking stupid that he is fucking stupid
Go right ahead, I don't have fucking tape over your mouth. I've never deleted anyone's post before.

laynehip wrote:
and i know corey got all out of shape when dr.dub was bashing his ls1 project
even though he made some good points and was only expressing his opinions
No shit. If you're working on a project that requires a lot of dedication and you're willing to do it, and then there's someone telling you can't do it, YEAH it's fucking depressing. It was like that the entire time my FD was down. So fuck anyone who've said I'd never get it back on the road.

Also, if anyone wants their thread locked for a valid reason, we will try to honour that. Like Marshal's recent thread concerning the Skyline drifting on the street. I honestly would have kept it open, but it was requested for it to be closed, and it was.

laynehip wrote:
but is corey really any different when he makes a thread bashing jyb for his horrible grammar
You have a strong misunderstanding of a lot of things you have no part of. You hear one side of things and you think you know the whole story. I've beaked Jordan a lot, even so that he could see it, but it's not like I mean it entirely. A lot of it is tongue and cheek. Yeah, his grammar is off the wall at some points, but it's not like I'm going to kick the shit out of him for it Rolling Eyes

Sorry, Adrian. MSN me for cliff notes Razz
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Admin
Admin
Nigel

Number of posts : 319
Vehicle : 1991 Honda Civic
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 8:49 pm

Nigel wrote:

This forum has become crap.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 9:18 pm

Nigel wrote:
Nigel wrote:

This forum has become crap.
You not being around has become an out roar and everyone is emotional.
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Admin
Admin
Nigel

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 9:21 pm

Im on here everyday, but my posting has declined as the forum got shittier.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 10:10 pm

240sxy wrote:
Supra wrote:
layne for mod!

lol look at luckys long read like a short novel
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 10:12 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:
240sxy wrote:
Supra wrote:
layne for mod!

That's why I offered cliff notes. Duh.

Oh yeah, what's so funny about you being illiterate?

Last edited by L-Spec on October 21st 2008, 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 10:16 pm

L-Spec wrote:
CamJohns122 wrote:
240sxy wrote:
Supra wrote:
layne for mod!

That's why I offered cliff notes. Duh.

true but i partially agree with layne i mean why not just make a thread or something in the off topic where people can go have a beak show i mean it is enjoyable if it doesnt clutter threads, plenty off other sites have like a "non affiliated" section where people post totally random stupid crap stupid pics. or stupid beak threads that dont affect the forum at all and are a fun read once in a while.

Just a compromise you know be part of the solution for once or whatever

ps. how bout lifting the IP ban so i can sign on my regular IP address
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 11:01 pm

ban everyone
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 11:03 pm

me first!
Back to top Go down
greddy_1700
Rank 5
Rank 5
greddy_1700

Number of posts : 654
Vehicle : 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 11:05 pm

laynehip wrote:
me first!
I agree, you first.
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Admin
Admin
Nigel

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 11:23 pm

beaking ruins a forum. some people dont like getting beaked so they wont join or post.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 11:29 pm

Oddly enough I am going to have to agree with Nigel, there isn't anything wrong with joking around but after awhile post after post is like a 4 word beak it gets annoying. Totally ruins the integrity of the forum so maybe we will just have to clean everything up and keep it civilized?

Layne won't be happy with this so we can all say farewell and send him on his way?
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 11:32 pm

..so how much cleaning are we going to have to do until we're going to say "that's enough"?

As much as I support keeping things civilized, I don't think it's going to keep the beaking down. I will, however, become delete happy if need be and see if it will suture the problem.

Last edited by L-Spec on October 21st 2008, 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 11:33 pm

corey wrote:
Oddly enough I am going to have to agree with Nigel, there isn't anything wrong with joking around but after awhile post after post is like a 4 word beak it gets annoying. Totally ruins the integrity of the forum so maybe we will just have to clean everything up and keep it civilized?

Layne won't be happy with this so we can all say farewell and send him on his way?

perhaps i should stick with posts comprised purely of thumbs up emoticons and funny pictures i saw off the car lounge
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 11:41 pm

No I am not saying that having an opinion or making your thoughts apparent are the devil. But when it gets taken too far and turns into a battle with EVERYONE at each others throats, that's the point where it gets childish.

The 3 word beak responses are what takes completely away from this place.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2008, 12:42 am

Sometimes I wish I had feud.... This thread is starting to look like the third season of the o.c?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
JYB116
Rank 8
Rank 8
JYB116

Number of posts : 1788
Vehicle : Nissan skyline gtr
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2008, 12:50 am

1eightySX wrote:
Sometimes I wish I had feud.... This thread is starting to look like the third season of the o.c?
x2
Back to top Go down
its.eric
Rank 3
Rank 3
its.eric

Number of posts : 169
Vehicle : 2005 civic
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2008, 1:08 am

Wow.. i think this has been taken Far to far.
every o ne should take a step back and look what there saying.
every one has at least one valid point so far.
But come on.

if you don't like something You can say it.
But you don't have to be a Dick.
Come on. Some people actually like Honda's!

i wouldn't know why!! haha

But for real, you dont have to tell some one where stupid for what ever reason. Im sure in most cases there is a valid reason for something.
Like man my car is muddy as shit and burns oil cause Poor as fuck right now.
i have like 70 cents not enough to wash the car!
and definitely not enough to find my oil burning problem. out and replace.

Its common sence GROW Up.

(the guy with bad grammer/spell, Get firefox. I have horible seplling and grammer Helps me Out)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yayy Back from Ban Land   Yayy Back from Ban Land - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yayy Back from Ban Land
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next