Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

any cheap places to order a clutch?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiorante
Rank 7
Rank 7
Fiorante

Number of posts : 1234
Vehicle : frankenstien'd skyline
Registration date : 2008-03-04

any cheap places to order a clutch? Empty
PostSubject: any cheap places to order a clutch?   any cheap places to order a clutch? Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 10:42 pm

since im about to swap the trannys in my supras, i need a new clutch to handle the added power, anyone know a reliable source where i can get one fast and cheap ? and another question, ive heard that the r154 and w58 trannys use the same clutch ? so should i buy i higher staged non turbo clutch, or just buy a stage2 turbo clutch ?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: any cheap places to order a clutch?   any cheap places to order a clutch? Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 11:16 pm

if it uses same clutch you could prob use stage 2 centerforce. Had one in my 2nd supra, worked well and took a hell of a beating
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: any cheap places to order a clutch?   any cheap places to order a clutch? Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2008, 12:49 am

how much are you looking to spend,

theres plenty of places online
Back to top Go down
Fiorante
Rank 7
Rank 7
Fiorante

Number of posts : 1234
Vehicle : frankenstien'd skyline
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: any cheap places to order a clutch?   any cheap places to order a clutch? Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2008, 8:41 am

i dont want to spend more then 500 for the clutch kit, but i dont want a piece of shit.
Back to top Go down
Golks
Rank 5
Rank 5
Golks

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : '98 Honda
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: any cheap places to order a clutch?   any cheap places to order a clutch? Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2008, 8:44 am

Fiorante wrote:
i dont want to spend more then 500 for the clutch kit, but i dont want a piece of shit.

Let me take a look for you. How fast were you looking???? any brand preferences?

I aired one in the other day for a customer and it was still well under 600 for a 6 puck kit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
slow
Rank 3
Rank 3
slow

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: any cheap places to order a clutch?   any cheap places to order a clutch? Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2008, 9:33 am

get something with more holding power than a stage 2, stage 3 at a minimum especially if you are a turbo car
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: any cheap places to order a clutch?   any cheap places to order a clutch? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

any cheap places to order a clutch?
Page 1 of 1