Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What did you do to your car today?

Go down 
+54
MacSkank
swift101
Jex
nissan240sx
Gee
PingPong
m-x-3
DOLHA
chungstachung
Jason-
Black
EVOXXX
Rob
EF_guy
locked2
00devo00
jamo
kyles_r32
Marshal.
nguyen306
Sleypr
Piett
Rogue
lu!$
240sxy
troyjule
veedub
DjSlugger
Fiorante
Golks
vision
Noops
Jhall
JSharp
toddler
Clint Eastwood
Moneypits
jdm_itr
JDN
T-Fel
Zimm
h22z1
abs0Lut
1eightySX
subbie
duggyb
Bjohnson
laynehip
bogan
Heretic
c.mayer
corey
taylorvw
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 29 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

Number of posts : 768
Vehicle : 92 Del Sol SIR/ 90 Silvia S13 K's
Registration date : 2010-03-31

What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 10:07 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodologic.ca
Zimm
Rank 6
Rank 6
Zimm

Number of posts : 856
Vehicle : 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS
Registration date : 2010-04-14

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 12:46 pm

fixin my missle today lol!
Back to top Go down
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 12:57 pm

Got the coil overs in last night car looks and ride's so much better. tonight just replacing an engine mount and putting factory seats back into it for the safety tomorrow
Back to top Go down
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 12:57 pm

Zimm wrote:
fixin my missle today lol!
\
your fixing it or is Regina Wheel Works fixing it Suspect
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 1:16 pm

T-Fel wrote:
Got the coil overs in last night car looks and ride's so much better. tonight just replacing an engine mount and putting factory seats back into it for the safety tomorrow
Did she get a new del sol ?
Back to top Go down
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 1:40 pm

No same one. However she got pulled over for inadequate headlights (pink HID's), Window tint, and missing one license plate bolt Shocked .... which resulted in the officer giving an light vehicle inspection note.
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

Number of posts : 1718
Vehicle : MKII Jetta
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 2:47 pm

So are you saying for just my Yellow headlights, they could give me a full Safety inspection?

Would my mexi-poke wheels be a fail then too? Other then the headlights and the wheels, I can't really see what they could fail me for? Maybe the half smoked rear lights, but I could always slapp stock ones back in. I thought it was just a singlar fix-it ticket. Like you have this = remove it and report the police station.

At least that's how it went with the exhaust on my Golf. Mad

edit: Is there a ride height/bumper height law? has anybody been measured for it?

What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Soup_n10

Last edited by Heretic on July 12th 2011, 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
taylorvw
Rank 8
Rank 8
taylorvw

Number of posts : 1554
Vehicle : ce9a
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 3:00 pm

Made a "one of a kind" iat housing:)
Back to top Go down
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 3:05 pm

Heretic wrote:
So are you saying for just my Yellow headlights, they could give me a full Safety inspection?

Would my mexi-poke wheels be a fail then too? Other then the headlights and the wheels, I can't really see what they could fail me for? Maybe the half smoked rear lights, but I could always slapp stock ones back in. I thought it was just a singlar fix-it ticket. Like you have this = remove it and report the police station.

At least that's how it went with the exhaust on my Golf. Mad

edit: Is there a ride height/bumper height law? has anybody been measured for it?

Technically it would have been just as simple as take it off and bring it in... which we did however upon the initial traffic stop I "corrected" the officer when he told us she had a "loose tail light". I said in quote " Loose tail light?! what are you talking about they are bolted to the car?!" then proceded to get out and inspect the so called loose tail light, The officer didn't really care for my remark and told me to sit back in the vehicle or he would tow it because of my actions.... after a few choice words back and forth he gave us the little ticket saying have it fixed within 30 days. We had it fixed next day and took it down... they where about to sign off on it when the officer at the front counter realized the cop i had a few words with was in fact the Sergeant and went and had some words with him then told me I wouldve been let off if it wasnt him that pulled us over.... Evil or Very Mad

Lately they are looking for anything so just drive responsibly and you should be okay... haven't had any problems since....... as far as ride height I heard they where thinking of implying a law for it... I know if your vehicle is getting towed by the Regina City Police and they have trouble loading because your too low they will charge you an additional $100 fee Mad but i havent heard of them busting out a tape measure...
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 3:10 pm

Ahh well I'm kinda expecting to be pulled for those head lights at some point this summer. I don't mind removing the film, but a full inspection...yech.

But like I said the car is good, brakes, suspension, tires, glass, stock interior, shouldn't be an issue. Even my exhaust is not that loud, I'm sure I would be under their little DB law they tried to put it place. It's just a PITA
Back to top Go down
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 3:19 pm

massive PITA agreed
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 4:08 pm

I'm just waiting for the day I get pulled over for ride hieght Sad
Back to top Go down
Zimm
Rank 6
Rank 6
Zimm

Number of posts : 856
Vehicle : 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS
Registration date : 2010-04-14

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 5:14 pm

they dont really care me and colin were driving once and a cop was behind use and colin was shooting sparks from undernether (scrapping) and didnt get pulled over.. also i have scrapped by a cop and all the did was look so i dont think its a big issue there not even crackin down on jacked up truck like they said they were so im not to worried
Back to top Go down
Jason-
Rank 3
Rank 3
Jason-

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 7:03 pm

There is a bumper height. It is on the Regina Police website. I got put through a inspection because my car "Rode like a shopping cart"
Back to top Go down
taylorvw
Rank 8
Rank 8
taylorvw

Number of posts : 1554
Vehicle : ce9a
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 7:52 pm

no more abs
ported oil relief valve
oil change
Back to top Go down
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Bjohnson

Number of posts : 1871
Vehicle : 2001 Honda S2000
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 10:48 pm

taylorvw wrote:
no more abs

yayyyyyy
Back to top Go down
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 9:31 am

Dropped off Jessica's car to get saftied....... personal thought.. i think it will fail but if it does fail it will all be small minor shit that they had to look for to fail it for its first inspection... im not to worried either way and def learned to not have my hopes up haha.
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 10:26 am

What small stuff? That car looked pretty damn solid at Majestics, I don't see how it could be a safety concern. My neighbors have trucks that are totally garbage, broken windshields, rusted out, 4 mismatched worn out tires, and they don't get pulled over.

Fuck I hate cops, go stop a real crime, there is no lack of them in this city. Oh wait that doesn't generate any revenue, and could be quite dangerous. Well in that case I don't blame them, it's much safer and lucrative to ticket lowered Honda's. pig
Back to top Go down
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 10:43 am

Small shit including removing the factory high mount brake light and filling it in with the body lines, technically anything newer than 1987 "requires" a high mount but im thinking that is not a major major bloody concern... also little odds and ends like maybe no license plate bulbs as plate is now mounted on lower body kit and old license plate holder is filled in. and who know's wth else they could find. Realistically i dont see many reasons for fail... all new brakes last spring, brand new coils (2 nights ago), all new suspension bushings 2 years ago, brand new lower engine mount last night, and countless other crap i have done with it.... who knows how bad they want to be technically the aftermarket headlights are not adjustable and could be failed for that reason... i mean it all depends on how bad they want it to fail tho right... i gave them the cops slip that i had showing what the cops found and that all that was on that paper was addressed the gentlemen at the counter said that having that with the car will def help with the inspection but who knows. fingers crossed.. moral of the story is fuck the pig's i really cant stand getting pulled over doing nothing and thrown a VI and while im pulled over 10 other rusted out no exhaust and broke down ass vehicle's drive by not bothered... imho i think they are targeting the vehicles that are done up purposely because lets face it the guys that are putting money into their cars ... generally have money Razz the rusted out shit they know if they pull them over and hand them a VI no one gets anything out of it... Government conspiracy Suspect
Back to top Go down
T-Fel
Rank 6
Rank 6
T-Fel

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 1:29 pm

got the phone call car failed for Right upper ball joint... and aftermarket head lights and tail lights don't meet spec... so it will all be fixed up tonight and return for its re-inspection tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 3:08 pm

When you pick the car up, tell the guy,

"Here's the deal, I have the stock taillights and headlights at home. If I put them in for you they will be coming back out the second I get the car back home, so how about we not play this song and dance and you just ignore those parts?"
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 3:12 pm

or take it to someone who isnt so particular about shit like that, where did u take it for safety?
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 6:43 pm

OR JUST FUCKING PUT THEM IN AND TAKE IT BACK AND DONT OPEN YOUR MOUTH CUZ IT DOESNT COST MONEY TO BRING IT BACK
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 7:15 pm

Or that
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
Marshal.
Rank 6
Rank 6
Marshal.

Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 10:49 pm

Heretic wrote:

Fuck I hate cops, go stop a real crime, there is no lack of them in this city. Oh wait that doesn't generate any revenue, and could be quite dangerous. Well in that case I don't blame them, it's much safer and lucrative to ticket lowered Honda's. pig

Jordan and I saw a kid litereally driving on bumpstops. Like Spring-delete, bump-stops.
hows that safe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?   What did you do to your car today? - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your car today?
Page 14 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 29 ... 44  Next