Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

live feed of BP oil leak

Go down 
+22
JYB116
veedub
corey
lu!$
cuonger69
troyjule
phoez
Black
laynehip
_....
DOOLHA
taylorvw
abs0Lut
1eightySX
Clint Eastwood
subbie
Noops
raboyto2
Jhall
jdm_itr
ray8181
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ray8181
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-08-13

live feed of BP oil leak Empty
PostSubject: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 10:57 pm

dunno if you kids give a shit but this is live feed of whats going on under the gulf of mexico. right now they're attempting to do a top kill and hopefully it will work. this morning when i woke up something blew up and pipes were everywhere...dunno what that was all about but heres the link.

http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_internet/globalbp/globalbp_uk_english/homepage/STAGING/local_assets/bp_homepage/html/rov_stream.html
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 12:45 am

no idea what this is ? whats top kill ?
Back to top Go down
ray8181
Rank 2
Rank 2

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 3:08 am

jdm_itr wrote:

well since youre not a fellow indian you dont care about nature so ill try to explain.

BP which is a really big/major oil company fucked up when they were mining oil under the gulf of mexico. its been spewing a shit load of oil for over a month now, they estimate its shitting out about over 500 000 gallons of oil per day. what they're trying to do now (a top kill) is try to dump a shit load of mud and golf balls and shit into the hole thats spewing oil so that it pushes the oil back down.

once the mud gets under the sea floor they're going to try to seal it off with concrete and hope it stays sealed, but its never been performed 5000 ft under water before so they're kinda just pulling shit out of their ass trying to figure a way to stop this mess.

at first BP didnt want to show the top kill to the public but obama told them to stfu and leave the camera's on for the public

here is a link to some pics from 3 weeks into the disaster

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/05/disaster_unfolds_slowly_in_the.html
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 12:50 pm

man what a huge fucking mess, one little screw up and the shit hits the fan Neutral
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 12:51 pm

ray8181 wrote:
jdm_itr wrote:

well since youre not a fellow indian you dont care about nature so ill try to explain.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 1:29 pm

i would just get an oversized self tapping NPT plug. screw the bitch in, call it a day.

think about all the money thats pouring into the ocean. shame
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 1:34 pm

Thats brutal!
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 1:40 pm

man think about just the amount of work its going to take to clean all the up, makes my head fuzzy
Back to top Go down
ray8181
Rank 2
Rank 2

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 2:15 pm

Jhall wrote:
man think about just the amount of work its going to take to clean all the up, makes my head fuzzy

they're estimating 13 years if not longer
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 3:23 pm

Last edited by ... on February 18th 2021, 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 4:30 pm

that fucking ocean was too clean anyway!

...lol
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 4:37 pm

bahrx7 wrote:
People from the Exxon Valdez spill are still feeling the effects, and that was over 20 years ago and on a much smaller scale.

On a more serious note:

considering this spill is spitting out 5 million gallons a day compared to Valdez's weak 10.8 million gallons this is insane. What else that is interesting is they are more interested in putting a camera down there to monitor how much is coming out instead of plugging the shard pipe. BP gives all of us oil companies a bad rep.
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 5:08 pm

WReX wrote:
that fucking ocean was too clean anyway!

...lol

You forgot about the great pacific garbage patch
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 5:10 pm

Last edited by ... on February 18th 2021, 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 5:31 pm

WReX wrote:
ALL OIL COMPANIES give all of us oil companies a bad rep.

fixed.
I know they pay for the WRX to be lowered but even then the missing wheel gap will eliminate shelter for the homeless in this wet weather.

To be fair I am sure not all oil companies are bad but I am sure most are.
I understand that I am hypocrite as I love cars and they require gasoline but whatever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 6:00 pm

think of the amount of shit they killed just to put money in their pockets, this planet deserves better, all were doing is fucking shit up...
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 7:02 pm

think on the bright side at least now we know that there is plenty of oil out there
Back to top Go down
taylorvw
Rank 8
Rank 8
taylorvw

Number of posts : 1554
Vehicle : ce9a
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 7:23 pm

ray8181 wrote:
jdm_itr wrote:

First off go fuck yourself. What a Face

and i think these oil companies should be sued for all there money and then shot in the pelvis twice and once between the eyes.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 8:01 pm

some one should be decapitated for this
Back to top Go down
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : schirting
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 8:11 pm

pretty fuckin rediculous, are planet is fucked beyond repair.
Back to top Go down
_....
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 9:51 pm

Am i the only person that finds this odd that a bunch of car guys are bad talking an oil company for drilling for new oil reserves? Sure its super bad that this happened but there only out there drilling that far down to supply the huge demand that exists. Now this is beside the fact that a lot of people on here drive cars with less than ideal fuel consumption and regularly go to the track or cruise aimlessly. Now im not trying to point fingers at anyone because i like my car too but what im getting at is this is everyone's problem and not just the evil oil companies.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 11:06 pm

nisrix wrote:
Am i the only person that finds this odd that a bunch of car guys are bad talking an oil company for drilling for new oil reserves? Sure its super bad that this happened but there only out there drilling that far down to supply the huge demand that exists. Now this is beside the fact that a lot of people on here drive cars with less than ideal fuel consumption and regularly go to the track or cruise aimlessly. Now im not trying to point fingers at anyone because i like my car too but what im getting at is this is everyone's problem and not just the evil oil companies.
What is a big problem is that bp didn't even have a contingency plan for when shit did hit the fan.
Why are companies even allowed to drill if they don't have a TESTED/RELIABLE way to stop such a catastrophy.
Even though I drive a car I should be able to argue that a company like BP( an 88 billion market cap company) should have better plans in place in the event of a such a disaster.
They are trying I know and I know this request is a large one but no oil company (or any other) should even be allowed to touch the earth until they have a better "OH SHIT" plan in the case of ANY disaster.
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 11:10 pm

Yes, whay layne said. It truly amazes me that safety, hazards, emergency response plans enviromental effects, ect are done with such overkill in the oil and gas industry that such a large company can implement such big projects with no plan for when something goes wrong.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2010, 10:07 am

1eightySX wrote:
WReX wrote:
ALL OIL COMPANIES give all of us oil companies a bad rep.

fixed.
I know they pay for the WRX to be lowered but even then the missing wheel gap will eliminate shelter for the homeless in this wet weather.

To be fair I am sure not all oil companies are bad but I am sure most are.
I understand that I am hypocrite as I love cars and they require gasoline but whatever.

Oil companies are not bad Ryan, get your facts straight. Yes some are shady and try and buy their way into well licenses ect. but you cant generalize all of them together. For example Encana in Calgary puts millions of dollars back into the community every year and tries to make a difference. A company like BP shouldn't be around. They shouldn't have even been allowed well licenses to drill at all! They have over 3 billion dollars in fines from government and world organizations of safety and construction failures. I blame Industry and resources in the USA for issuing clearance to drill considering there awful past.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2010, 10:14 am

jdm_itr wrote:
think on the bright side at least now we know that there is plenty of oil out there

me and guys at work were figuring it out and wow...

50 barrels a minute are being lost x 60 minutes in an hour = 3000 barrels x 24 hrs = 72,000 a day x 365 = 26,280,000 barrels a year (assuming it leaks for a year) x $70/barrel = $1,839,600,000 a year they are losing....man If you guys have some free time go down there and rent a boat and start sucking some oil off of the surface and sell it!!! hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: live feed of BP oil leak   live feed of BP oil leak Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

live feed of BP oil leak
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next