Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rear main seal

Go down 
+3
Silvianow
Black
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2010, 12:46 pm

Hey, could any one give me a rough ball park quote of what a shop would charge to replace a rear main seal? I realize every shop is different but I'm just looking for a rough estimate. If it matters the car is a 94 Wrx (JDM).

I believe this to be the culprit of my oil leak
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2010, 1:39 pm

DIY
Back to top Go down
Silvianow
Rank 3
Rank 3
Silvianow

Number of posts : 179
Vehicle : 92 silvia, 90 Celsior
Registration date : 2009-08-15

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2010, 2:04 pm

Hey Black,

All data says 5.0 Hr for it. 1994 Subaru impreza sedan 4wd.

We normally charge 100$/hr but i would charge you 80$/hr + the part, since you belong to this forum.

Let me know.

Jared
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2010, 2:18 pm

Silvianow wrote:
Hey Black,

All data says 5.0 Hr for it. 1994 Subaru impreza sedan 4wd.

We normally charge 100$/hr but i would charge you 80$/hr + the part, since you belong to this forum.

Let me know.

Jared
I would love to do it myself evan but i may need it done soon.

Jared I will let you know, if i did have a shop do it i would come to you guys.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2010, 4:58 pm

Didn't you tell me it was easier to pull the motor than to pull the transmission in these cars?
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2010, 12:54 pm

Marshal wrote:
Didn't you tell me it was easier to pull the motor than to pull the transmission in these cars?
Thats what I read from bunch of places, but it's the same procedure for doing a clutch so I donno
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2010, 12:59 pm

this sucks.
If you tough if out till its warm, we can do it at my house. I want to pull a subaru motor. Get an idea for whats in the works for me.
But I refuse to do work when its cold and I have to lay in a puddle of melted snow:(
Hopefully this doesn't cost you much.
Maybe pull your intercooler and see if the oil leak is comming from the top there?
It couldn't hurt to see if the leak is originating from the top. I would check all options before I had to pull the motor
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2010, 1:01 pm

Marshal wrote:
this sucks.
If you tough if out till its warm, we can do it at my house. I want to pull a subaru motor. Get an idea for whats in the works for me.
But I refuse to do work when its cold and I have to lay in a puddle of melted snow:(
Hopefully this doesn't cost you much.
Maybe pull your intercooler and see if the oil leak is comming from the top there?
It couldn't hurt to see if the leak is originating from the top. I would check all options before I had to pull the motor
I was going to ask you on a weekend that I'm back if you'd like to come over and we can pull some stuff apart to make sure it's that seal thats leaking. It'd be nice if it was something small and stupid, but I can't think of what else it could be though.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2010, 1:02 pm

Done deal.
The weekened you coem back, I'll clear out the cars in my garage and we'll perform a maintaince party.
Just less party, more maintance.
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2010, 1:04 pm

Marshal wrote:
Done deal.
The weekened you coem back, I'll clear out the cars in my garage and we'll perform a maintaince party.
Just less party, more maintance.
Okay I'll bring you some beverages, or take you out to a nice dinner for your help...

That sounded pretty gay didn't it?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2010, 1:20 pm

whats gayer is you already owe me a dinner for some reason I believe, I'm not sure. And you made me sit on the floor of the Galaxy to watch a movie haha.

I don't want compensation, it will give me something to do on a satuirday instead of make more tow hooks. I imagine you want one? I'll throw it in with all the other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2010, 1:45 pm

Marshal wrote:
whats gayer is you already owe me a dinner for some reason I believe, I'm not sure. And you made me sit on the floor of the Galaxy to watch a movie haha.

I don't want compensation, it will give me something to do on a satuirday instead of make more tow hooks. I imagine you want one? I'll throw it in with all the other stuff.
Oh I'm glad you're subaru Marshal now, and not BMW Marshal!
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2010, 2:34 pm

your all super gay
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2010, 3:20 pm

Moneypits wrote:
your all super gay
hahaha where did this come from ^?
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2010, 4:19 pm

BLACK wrote:
Moneypits wrote:
your all super gay
hahaha where did this come from ^?
Hmm the whole date you and marshal are setting up may have something to do with what he said.
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2010, 11:49 pm

Cam your invited though if you want to come take apart my car with us to help us find this oil leak.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2010, 11:52 pm

Don't cam's cars usually work better before he works on them?
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2010, 11:57 pm

Marshal wrote:
Don't cam's cars usually work better before he works on them?
I can see where this is headed...
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2010, 11:06 pm

Yeah ill stop by jordan when you back in town tho im heading to whistler soon.

and marshal your right working on cars properly takes alot of time

but alas alot of my time is taken up with the company of women, something you may not know to much about
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2010, 11:34 pm

Moneypits wrote:
Yeah ill stop by jordan when you back in town tho im heading to whistler soon.

and marshal your right working on cars properly takes alot of time

but alas alot of my time is taken up with the company of women, something you may not know to much about
lol cam im not sure ill let you know though
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 9:21 pm

Moneypits wrote:

that shows your ignorance....
And lets face it, we've seen the quality of your women. I must admit, some were good looking, but picking them up from the elementry school must be a little difficult... when you're on foot.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2010, 11:10 am

Marshal wrote:
Moneypits wrote:

And lets face it, we've seen the quality of your women. I must admit, some were good looking, but picking them up from the elementry school must be a little difficult... when you're on foot.

what ignorance your track record with women speaks for itself, hell its infamous

but this is boring having fun joking around cause mods are just gonna delete it anyways and ruin this great read
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2010, 6:22 pm

Moneypits wrote:
Marshal wrote:
Moneypits wrote:

what ignorance your track record with women speaks for itself, hell its infamous

but this is boring having fun joking around cause mods are just gonna delete it anyways and ruin this great read
hey mother fucker, take that back.
I take offense to what you just said.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2010, 8:25 pm

so that makes me famous? or well-known? I hear you're well known too.

Seriously, for some people, things change. For others... well, I guess not.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2010, 1:06 am

Marshal wrote:
so that makes me famous? or well-known? I hear you're well known too.

Seriously, for some people, things change. For others... well, I guess not.

lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rear main seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear main seal   Rear main seal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear main seal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next