Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Honda Engine Swap

Go down 
+7
abs0Lut
jdm_itr
Black
cuonger69
lu!$
JHMED
chungstachung
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chungstachung
Rank 4
Rank 4
chungstachung

Number of posts : 310
Vehicle : Taffy White Civic Si Sedan
Registration date : 2009-09-20

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 2:51 pm

i got a civic sir 2003 and i wanna get a k20a(type r ) swap in spring/summer.
the motor is here:http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30014
how much do you think it will cost to have it installed? and where in Regina?
Back to top Go down
http://ungcollective.bigcartel.com/
JHMED
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Vehicle : 88 ED8
Registration date : 2009-08-13

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 3:05 pm

chungstachung wrote:
i got a civic sir 2003 and i wanna get a k20a(type r ) swap in spring/summer.
the motor is here:http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30014
how much do you think it will cost to have it installed? and where in Regina?

D.I.Y!
Just get an engine lift. It wouldn't be too hard, mostly plug-and-play.
Your car should have a k20a3 in it already... literally all you do is drop your engine, drop in the new one, swap the ECU.
If you need an engine lift, someone on here has one for sure.
Hell, someone on here could even help you do it!
Back to top Go down
chungstachung
Rank 4
Rank 4
chungstachung

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 3:14 pm

Shit, the words engine swap make me poop myself... How much would it total out to? like the engine is 5400usd? then how much is the other misc stuff thats needed? And how much do people normally charge to do swaps? like if i got someone on this site to help me or what not?
Back to top Go down
JHMED
Rank 4
Rank 4

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 3:23 pm

chungstachung wrote:
Shit, the words engine swap make me poop myself... How much would it total out to? like the engine is 5400usd? then how much is the other misc stuff thats needed? And how much do people normally charge to do swaps? like if i got someone on this site to help me or what not?

Misc stuff you need. Uhh... Timing belt, alternator belt, water pump, oil filter, fluids... those are all good to have.

Oh, and a case of beer for your helper.
Back to top Go down
chungstachung
Rank 4
Rank 4
chungstachung

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 3:26 pm

well im a nobb at all things engine so would 7000 be enough to have a good reliable k20a in the car running?
Back to top Go down
JHMED
Rank 4
Rank 4

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 3:33 pm

here, this should help.
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f93/ep-civic-k20a-swap-128237/

also, 7 grand should be good... just make sure shipping isn't stupid.
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 3:52 pm

DIY... seriously i thought it was gonna be a huge thing but it wasnt all that at the end..... lots of ppl here have done engine swap and im sure someone can help you.... since its a honda i would give you a hand for sure.... when are you planing to do this and where are good questions? what tools you have? im sure kyle and i got more friend that might help to swap a K20a.... go for it... make sure you get it first then worry about who will do the swap... i heard some places advertise the k20a but very few actually have one in stock... you going from k tp k so no fav will be needed...
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 3:57 pm

JHMED wrote:
also, 7 grand should be good... just make sure shipping isn't stupid.
depending where you get it from shipping varies alot... if from the states is not worthy...

when i got mine shipping was like 50bucks... not bad from calgary to here... even from toronto was like 75 or 100... states be ready to pay for dutties
Back to top Go down
chungstachung
Rank 4
Rank 4
chungstachung

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 4:03 pm

well im planning to do it in the spring/summertime like if i do the swap i shouldnt run into problems in the future right? and the car wont be throwing codes ?
Back to top Go down
cuonger69
Rank 4
Rank 4
cuonger69

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 4:04 pm

lu!$ wrote:
make sure you get it first then worry about who will do the swap

this
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 5:26 pm

Make sure you budget a lot of time for your swap. I would say the majority of the time you run into problems, or you need parts you didn't realize you needed and shipping takes time. If this is your only car, and you need it to go to work with it and you plan to do your swap in a weekend which is totally doable maybe make arrangements to get a ride to work just in case you can't finish your swap.

Also, spring/summer time gives you a lot of time to do research. It will go much smoother if you have a general idea of what your doing each step of the way, instead of trying to figure things out as you go. The internet is a huge database of knowledge and I'm sure through research you can put together a step by step guide to do your swap.

As luis said you already have a K20 so it should be relatively straightforward. "Engine Swap" Sounds very daunting but if you do lots of research, and move slowly and methodically you can do your swap your self, saving yourself lots of money. Another part of it is the whole pride thing. If you swap your own motor you have the pride of knowing that you did it yourself!

I know lots of people would be willing to help, myself included!
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 6:00 pm

wow !!! your car has a k20 a3 spend the 6 g for engine and probly 3 more for swap and build your motor and it will have twice the power
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 6:02 pm

jdm_itr wrote:
wow !!! your car has a k20 a3 spend the 6 g for engine and probly 3 more for swap and build your motor and it will have twice the power
Yeah if you have 7 g's to spend why dont you just beef up your motor?
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 6:05 pm

BLACK wrote:
jdm_itr wrote:
Yeah if you have 7 g's to spend why dont you just beef up your motor?
exactly especialy if you already have the k block swap heads if anything way easier then swaping engines
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 6:16 pm

Why not BOOOOOOOST!!!! Razz I would never spend money on a K20 especially when I can get the same amount of power easily out of an engine worth less than half that. You already have a K20, might as well swap a vtec head(f20c???? Razz) or just boost it.
Back to top Go down
chungstachung
Rank 4
Rank 4
chungstachung

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 7:07 pm

well swapping a head/ engine swap are all things i can say ut probably cant do... Any shops that can swap a head(a2 head or something) btw the k20a3(what i have now) redlines at 6800, 5 gears and only vtec on intake...
Back to top Go down
JHMED
Rank 4
Rank 4

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 7:28 pm

chungstachung wrote:
well swapping a head/ engine swap are all things i can say ut probably cant do... Any shops that can swap a head(a2 head or something) btw the k20a3(what i have now) redlines at 6800, 5 gears and only vtec on intake...

k20a3 is the weakest k out there.
the type r is 6 gears, higher redline, better vtec setup.
if you are gonna swap heads, you better get the 6 speed tranny......

i posted a link to a swap guide, that tells you everything that needs to be done. did anyone actually look at it?
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 7:30 pm

yeah depending on what you want i wouldnt stick aroudn that k that you have... you might beef it up but wont get you as far as a better tranny and better head... might as well get the k20a and rock it... you would be god... haha i havent seen one around here yet... i say look around and see how far you can get with that k20a3 after you do head work with that 7 g's or just buy the typeR
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 7:37 pm

lu!$ wrote:
you would be god...

he'd be god if he swapped a f20c(s2k) head on it.
Back to top Go down
JHMED
Rank 4
Rank 4

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 7:40 pm

abs0Lut wrote:
lu!$ wrote:
you would be god...

he'd be god if he swapped a f20c(s2k) head on it.

He'd be God if he did a G swap.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 7:57 pm

what are your plans for this car what are you gunna use it for ?
that being said there isnt any legal activities here that require a 6th gear scratch
i say you should just build what you got ! plus i dont think your willing to commit to a swap like this id say you would be looking at 7- 8 g for sure
Back to top Go down
chungstachung
Rank 4
Rank 4
chungstachung

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 8:06 pm

i just want more power its my dd but i plan on tracking it next year, like somone told me i should turbo it or supercharge it bcus the k20a is too expensive
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 8:07 pm

chungstachung wrote:
i just want more power its my dd but i plan on tracking it next year, like somone told me i should turbo it or supercharge it bcus the k20a is too expensive

https://qcautomotive.forumakers.com/builds-diy-f12/scivic-build-diy-t1915.htm
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 8:09 pm

chungstachung wrote:

both
Back to top Go down
JHMED
Rank 4
Rank 4

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 8:10 pm

chungstachung wrote:

FI can really bring down reliability...
You called yourself a noob, so stay away from turbos... there is a lot involved with them.

You have the money for the K20a, so do it. Simple, straight-forward swap. Read the link I posted on the first page... very informative.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Honda Engine Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Engine Swap   Honda Engine Swap Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honda Engine Swap
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next