Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Engine noise

Go down 
+3
jdm_itr
Rob
Q-tip
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Q-tip
Rank 1
Rank 1

Number of posts : 3
Vehicle : 02 SIR
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Engine noise Empty
PostSubject: Engine noise   Engine noise Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2009, 12:32 pm

Just recently while driving i could hear a little bit of ticking coming from underneath the hood. At first i thought it was my timing belt because its something ive needed to get fixed, but i started driving it today and the noise got a lot worse. It sounds like something is knocking from underneath the hood and it just shakes the car. If i keep accelerating or push on the brakes theres no noise but if im just rolling the noise kicks in. Does anybody know what could cause this? i drive a 1990 civic hatchback
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Engine noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine noise   Engine noise Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2009, 12:39 pm

All your lugnuts tight? sounds similar to a problem I had months ago lol, turned out to be loose wheel
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Engine noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine noise   Engine noise Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2009, 12:48 pm

axle ! that what my car was doin it would shake under acceleration and braking thats it and make a terrable sound
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Engine noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine noise   Engine noise Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2009, 12:50 pm

jdm_itr wrote:
axle ! that what my car was doin it would shake under acceleration and braking thats it and make a terrable sound
He said it doesn't shake under acceleration or braking though.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Engine noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine noise   Engine noise Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2009, 12:52 pm

BLACK wrote:
jdm_itr wrote:
He said it doesn't shake under acceleration or braking though.
opps read it wrong i thought he said other way around
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Engine noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine noise   Engine noise Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2009, 5:54 pm

Fuel injectors or valves?
Back to top Go down
JHMED
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Vehicle : 88 ED8
Registration date : 2009-08-13

Engine noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine noise   Engine noise Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2009, 9:26 pm

Q-tip wrote:
Just recently while driving i could hear a little bit of ticking coming from underneath the hood. At first i thought it was my timing belt because its something ive needed to get fixed, but i started driving it today and the noise got a lot worse. It sounds like something is knocking from underneath the hood and it just shakes the car. If i keep accelerating or push on the brakes theres no noise but if im just rolling the noise kicks in. Does anybody know what could cause this? i drive a 1990 civic hatchback

bad CV joint.
They are the first thing to go in these cars... axles are soooo weak for some reason.
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Engine noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine noise   Engine noise Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2009, 11:55 am

JHMED wrote:
Q-tip wrote:

bad CV joint.
They are the first thing to go in these cars... axles are soooo weak for some reason.
x2... change it... if it clicks this is it...
[\thread]
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
Q-tip
Rank 1
Rank 1

Number of posts : 3
Vehicle : 02 SIR
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Engine noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine noise   Engine noise Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2009, 8:50 pm

Supra wrote:
All your lugnuts tight? sounds similar to a problem I had months ago lol, turned out to be loose wheel

yeah it turns out it was just loose lugnuts. all 4 lugnuts were so loose i could turn them with my fingers, but since it was so loud it sounded like it was coming from underneath the hood. thanks for all the help guys Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Engine noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine noise   Engine noise Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2009, 9:12 pm

Q-tip wrote:
Supra wrote:

yeah it turns out it was just loose lugnuts. all 4 lugnuts were so loose i could turn them with my fingers, but since it was so loud it sounded like it was coming from underneath the hood. thanks for all the help guys Thumbs Up
Robby FTW!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Engine noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine noise   Engine noise Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2009, 9:33 pm

your welcome
Back to top Go down
JHMED
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Vehicle : 88 ED8
Registration date : 2009-08-13

Engine noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine noise   Engine noise Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2009, 9:56 pm

BLACK wrote:
Q-tip wrote:
Supra wrote:

Robby FTW!

Wow, I failed. =P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Engine noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine noise   Engine noise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Engine noise
Page 1 of 1