Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Impounded. Wow.

Go down 
+26
jdm_itr
Soup
Jex
dev
troyjule
Golks
raboyto2
Clint Eastwood
subbie
DOOLHA
laynehip
Gino
veedub
Marshal
megapixels
Jhall
JSharp
taylorvw
JYB116
Piett
Moneypits
Dot.
d3v
Noops
SteveK
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 1:11 pm

marshal wrote:
and seriously? we have a supercharged vette in sask on the police/rcmp force?
very nice indeed

i didnt think we did not in regina at least or at least not on the city police force

and id outrun a cop if i had a hiding place and a different plate
Back to top Go down
JSharp
Rank 8
Rank 8
JSharp

Number of posts : 1577
Vehicle : 2002 Yamaha R1, 2003 Nissan 350z, 2005 Yamaha R6
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 1:32 pm

marshal wrote:
outrunning the police is the stupidest thing in the world. All they need is a description of the vehicle, and boom, its all over their radio channel and every cop is on teh lookout for you. I don't care how fast you think your car is. Plus, most of our cars are not that great at "blending in".

Unless you have a sport bike, then what the hell, by the time they turn around, you're already going 250km/h

well you shouldn't go running around the city if your running from the police that i think would have been obvious..... The goal is either how fast you can get your car parked into like a parkade and you out of it or how fast you can get it home into your garage

It would really depend on where the cop was when the lights turn on and how close you are to your house or how well you know the area to get it away from civilization and main roads (i would think its alot of the right time and place)
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 1:52 pm

Moneypits wrote:
marshal wrote:
very nice indeed

i didnt think we did not in regina at least or at least not on the city police force

We sure do. Its got more than a supercharger too, she is done up, realy f'ing quick. Only problem is with all that power the front end wants to lift, it needs a front diffuser or something to pull the front down at high speeds. The sandbags don't feel like their doing their job when your cresting a hill at XXXmph
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 1:54 pm

whado you do that you have drivin this thing
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 2:17 pm

SoupGTR wrote:
Moneypits wrote:
marshal wrote:
very nice indeed

We sure do. Its got more than a supercharger too, she is done up, realy f'ing quick. Only problem is with all that power the front end wants to lift, it needs a front diffuser or something to pull the front down at high speeds. The sandbags don't feel like their doing their job when your cresting a hill at XXXmph

why have i never seen this car is it regina police force? cause its definatly not at the police HQ just alot of echos, and crown vics and couple chargers
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 3:42 pm

RCMP Pursuit cruiser. Spends most of its days in the PA - Saskatoon area for some reason XD
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 3:44 pm

jdm_itr wrote:
whado you do that you have drivin this thing

Won a bet. No joke.
What bet: Not important
Back to top Go down
Cody
Rank 3
Rank 3
Cody

Number of posts : 193
Vehicle : 1981 Malibu 355sbc
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 8:02 pm

Just the other day a guy I know threw his smoke but out the window of his car, and the cops pulled him over.
He also had the seatbelt under his arm..

Cop gave him a seatbelt and littering ticket....and it WASNT a woman cop
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 8:14 pm

good, I hate when people throw their cigarettes out their windows. or flick them at my car at a light.
Some people.

But yea, the cops are crazy in regina. But can you blame them? Its the begining of the season, everyone is bringing out their nice cars and are more than likely doign stupid things. They might as well make an example. Hopefully they calm the fuck down though. And for the record, I have only seen 1 police officer the whole time I was up here in saskatoon, and he rolled down his window today to ask why I had a safari rack on my car, so that made my day
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 8:18 pm

fuckin pigs, saw them setting up a speed trap on a side street of albert so i made a purpose of rolling down my window and talking really loud on the phone telling everyone about the trap.

cop gave me a dirty look haha
Back to top Go down
megapixels
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 7:24 am

SoupGTR wrote:
Moneypits wrote:
marshal wrote:
very nice indeed

WOW, I can't tell if you believe the bull your spreading or if your doing it on purpose. I work on the entire RCMP fleet and have never heard of this such car, I even talked to the head of fleet management and he laughed and said he wished. Do you know anything about Corvettes? Or cars in general? Vette's are one of the most aerodynamic northamerican cars out there, they will not lift at high speed's anywhere near the amount of any other car that it could pursue if it did exist. Better do some more internet reading/racing or whatever you do.
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 8:33 am

Having sat in the car, i can tell you it exists. I wouldn't BS about this. its out there somewhere. If it didn't exist I wouldn't have said anything. I'm not that kind of person. Maybe its retired. I don't know. It was a few years ago. Its possible it could have been some vette done up to look like an rcmp car. Who knows. I know what I saw and what I saw was a vette with RCMP decals on it. Settle.

Quote :
Better do some more internet reading/racing or whatever you do.
No Worries there mate. Done and Done.
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 11:00 am

SoupGTR wrote:
RCMP Pursuit cruiser. Spends most of its days in the PA - Saskatoon area for some reason XD

i am pretty sure that in most of canada any "police chases" have to be aborted once they reach a certain speed. Were not like the US that can just speed around everywhere and cause havic ha if this is true and im pretty sure my sources are reliable, why do we need this vett? LOL
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 11:02 am

megapixels wrote:
SoupGTR wrote:
Moneypits wrote:
marshal wrote:
very nice indeed

WOW, I can't tell if you believe the bull your spreading or if your doing it on purpose. I work on the entire RCMP fleet and have never heard of this such car, I even talked to the head of fleet management and he laughed and said he wished. Do you know anything about Corvettes? Or cars in general? Vette's are one of the most aerodynamic northamerican cars out there, they will not lift at high speed's anywhere near the amount of any other car that it could pursue if it did exist. Better do some more internet reading/racing or whatever you do.

what i thought lol
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 11:59 am

To be fair I think they use to have some sort of Pursuit Cruiser type things somewhere. I heard something once about a mustang or maybe a Vette. Didn't they use to put them in car shows or something? To be honest, I never really payed much attention to it as muscle car information was irrelevant to me when I was younger. Maybe ask Golks he has been around forever he might know something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
greddy_1700
Rank 5
Rank 5
greddy_1700

Number of posts : 654
Vehicle : 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 12:30 pm

I know in Yorkton they had a 1998ish Camaro that was decked out in RCMP stuff, but it was just a show car as far as I know. I remember seeing it at Audio Warehouse there a few times.

I could have sworn that it used to be their pursuit vehicle untill they upgraded to something newer, which might be this vette he is talking about?
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 4:43 pm

Calgary's police force has a lambo, a turbo'd mini thats done right up and a fucking fast viper thats a "ghost" car. My buddy who is a police officer in calgary told me a story about the viper. The officer who drives it purposely goes out in the summer and trys to find people trying to race him. He pulled up to a new Saleen S281 (Mustang) and the mustang started rev'ing his engine at him. So off the line the mustang ripped and the viper pulled in behind and poped up the cherry's, lol. They come right out of the roof hahaha lol
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 4:49 pm

Entrapment!
Back to top Go down
megapixels
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 7:28 pm

As far as I have been told and know, the force did have a few 90's camaro, they believe the last one was a 98 or 99. They have since retired them. Too many kms on them. They use crown vics for pursuit on highways mainly because with the current 4.6l they make hust over 300hp which is plenty for saskatchewan , and they say most chase's will head into grid roads or countryside period so they are implementing more 3/4ton 4x4's for rural use,highway patrols are mainly crown vics.
Back to top Go down
Golks
Rank 5
Rank 5
Golks

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : '98 Honda
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 10:54 pm

megapixels wrote:
As far as I have been told and know, the force did have a few 90's camaro, they believe the last one was a 98 or 99. They have since retired them. Too many kms on them. They use crown vics for pursuit on highways mainly because with the current 4.6l they make hust over 300hp which is plenty for saskatchewan , and they say most chase's will head into grid roads or countryside period so they are implementing more 3/4ton 4x4's for rural use,highway patrols are mainly crown vics.

I got to drive one of the two Camaros the RCMP had here in Regina. It was only in parking garage below the detachment about 40ft. But I did drive it. Smile
Back to top Go down
JSharp
Rank 8
Rank 8
JSharp

Number of posts : 1577
Vehicle : 2002 Yamaha R1, 2003 Nissan 350z, 2005 Yamaha R6
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 11:06 pm

WReX wrote:
Calgary's police force has a lambo, a turbo'd mini thats done right up and a fucking fast viper thats a "ghost" car. My buddy who is a police officer in calgary told me a story about the viper. The officer who drives it purposely goes out in the summer and trys to find people trying to race him. He pulled up to a new Saleen S281 (Mustang) and the mustang started rev'ing his engine at him. So off the line the mustang ripped and the viper pulled in behind and poped up the cherry's, lol. They come right out of the roof hahaha lol

Your friend needs to grow up and either be a cop instead of trying to take peoples hard earned money or i donno

(If i was a cop in possession of that car i guarantee you i would do the same thing but thats irrelevant because i would never be a cop)
Back to top Go down
canadian_ef
Rank 3
Rank 3

Number of posts : 133
Vehicle : 1988 Honda Crx Si, 1990 Honda Civic Cx

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 11:07 pm

what about the infamous charger? what is its story?
Back to top Go down
JYB116
Rank 8
Rank 8
JYB116

Number of posts : 1788
Vehicle : Nissan skyline gtr
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 11:55 pm

JSharp wrote:
WReX wrote:

Your friend needs to grow up and either be a cop instead of trying to take peoples hard earned money or i donno

(If i was a cop in possession of that car i guarantee you i would do the same thing but thats irrelevant because i would never be a cop)

ur fucked sharp.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Impounded. Wow.
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: General-
Jump to: