Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Impounded. Wow.

Go down 
+26
jdm_itr
Soup
Jex
dev
troyjule
Golks
raboyto2
Clint Eastwood
subbie
DOOLHA
laynehip
Gino
veedub
Marshal
megapixels
Jhall
JSharp
taylorvw
JYB116
Piett
Moneypits
Dot.
d3v
Noops
SteveK
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 12:29 pm

Wrex- Im not saying in the near future but its a likely probability in our lifetime.

Layne- Are you kidding? Some people in this world are ignorrant and stupid, and all john gormely does is fuel the stupidity
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 12:32 pm

if you think about it tho, not to put any of you guys down or anything, for the amount of $$$$ that you spend to get these rhd cars your getting alot out of them! I could see how they are connecting the two together. example, my buddy who bought his 180sx from jdm source in calgary for $6000. The car is drift ready! with an insane amount of hp. Som inexperienced kid could buy this car and kill himslef or someone else, am i not right?
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 12:33 pm

Moneypits wrote:
Wrex- Im not saying in the near future but its a likely probability in our lifetime.

Layne- Are you kidding? Some people in this world are ignorrant and stupid, and all john gormely does is fuel the stupidity
thats what they said on there im not saying i agree with it
and i would also never advise to listen to john gormely
listening to that for even half an hour is enough to make you want to kill yourself
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 12:35 pm

WReX wrote:
if you think about it tho, not to put any of you guys down or anything, for the amount of $$$$ that you spend to get these rhd cars your getting alot out of them! I could see how they are connecting the two together. example, my buddy who bought his 180sx from jdm source in calgary for $6000. The car is drift ready! with an insane amount of hp. Som inexperienced kid could buy this car and kill himslef or someone else, am i not right?
true but i think there is a danger in thinking every rhd car that comes over is drift ready and has an insane amount of horsepower
because then you wouldnt be banning rhd because of the rhd you would be banning it because its too powerful
than that would open up a whole other can of worms
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 12:37 pm

laynehip wrote:
WReX wrote:
true but i think there is a danger in thinking every rhd car that comes over is drift ready and has an insane amount of horsepower
because then you wouldnt be banning rhd because of the rhd you owuld be banning it because its too powerful
than that would open up a whole other can of worms

ya i guess fair enough but thats I think some of these "cops" are seeing it as. RHD = Fast + Dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 12:43 pm

WReX wrote:

You dont need to have a "drift ready" car to kill yourself or someone else. lol
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 12:44 pm

WReX wrote:

ya i guess fair enough but thats I think some of these "cops" are seeing it as. RHD = Fast + Dangerous.

yeah
because nobody is driving around rhd camrys and minivans i guess
and most rhd cars that i see are always super jdm and racecarish so i guess it makes sense ( at least in the heads of the police) to target those poor kids
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 1:13 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:
WReX wrote:

You dont need to have a "drift ready" car to kill yourself or someone else. lol

Oh for sure you dont, you could drive a neon and do as much, but its just $$$ to HP ratio i was making a point of. Guarnteed 70% of the RHD cars imported have some kind of mods already done to them. lol i hope the dont ban them because there is nothing more that i want than a S15!
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 1:17 pm

laynehip wrote:

actually i saw a RHD toyota minivan pull out of westhill the other night.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 1:37 pm

bahrx7 wrote:
laynehip wrote:

actually i saw a RHD toyota minivan pull out of westhill the other night.
FUCK YOU!
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 1:43 pm

yeah so me and steven got our cars back from the impound lot in second period today, i get a text saying that there was a cop waiting for us to leave the school at lunch ...

what the fuck!?
Back to top Go down
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : schirting
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 1:49 pm

i have yet to be pulled over(knock on wood) this year but i havent been crazy n been quick to roll my windows down as soon as i see the popo.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 1:54 pm

JP wrote:
yeah so me and steven got our cars back from the impound lot in second period today, i get a text saying that there was a cop waiting for us to leave the school at lunch ...

what the fuck!?

and was the cop there?

if so id take it to a higher person about this, because this is unfair treatment almost a hatecrime if there doing this
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 1:55 pm

JP wrote:

what the fuck!?
if that is true thats fucked
lhd small stock luxury sedans rule!
Back to top Go down
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 1:55 pm

lol hate crimes against imports
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 1:57 pm

OCHO wrote:

not against the car but if cops are treating the drivers like that you can take it to court, i dont think cops should be focusing on babysitting skyline owners, last time i checked there here to serve and protect
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 1:59 pm

Moneypits wrote:
OCHO wrote:

not against the car but if cops are treating the drivers like that you can take it to court, i dont think cops should be focusing on babysitting skyline owners, last time i checked there here to serve and protect

or perhaps there was just a cop car sitting outside of school checking his laptop
and some over eager kid freaked out and concluded that they were there waiting for them
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 1:59 pm

90% your probably right lol some kid jumping to conclusions
Back to top Go down
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 2:09 pm

ya i drove past knoll before lunch and i seen the constable just up the road out of his car talking to some sketchy lookin old guy
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 4:12 pm

laynehip wrote:

word
on john gormely the other day there were talking about how incredible amazingly dangerous rhd cars
and people were phoning in talking about how its a disgrace that canada lets rhd into the country and its "almost as dangerous as not having day time running lights" (haha!)
and of course street racing got thrown into the mix and how it killed all these peoples and is more dangerous than godzilla and whatnot
and then somehow the fact that street racing was the most dangerous thing in the world got tied into rhd and then they concluded that rhd is the worlds most dangerous thing in the world

I heard that on the radio too. It kind of shows you how narrow minded and clueless people are about the world around them. Do they really think that having cars with the steering wheel on the other side is only happening in Canada? lol. So what about all the German (benz, bmw, audi etc) cars in japan with LHD? How about when you live in England and you wanna cross the pond to France? What if you lived anywhere in Europe and wanted to drive to England for a trip? Fucking Africa doesnt even know what they have, LHD or RHD, its a solid mix. Haha, why do only Canadians have such a problem with RHD? I dont understand why they keep saying they are dangerous. Maybe inconvenient at times (drive threw, pakade, turning left), but really, thats MY PROBLEM. I understand the hole "your not supporting your own country, you are sending money off shore, our car companies are suffereing". Well then make something i would drive. Like is it really that difficult to make a reliable diesel SUV that is good on gas? Other companies could do it, why couldnt we? Only NOW did chrysler realise this, and came out with a diesel option in their jeeps. Good for you guys, but i cant afford 40,000$ at the moment, but maybe ill pick one up down the road used. (great trucks by the way. they use a Mercedes 3.0 liter diesel that is recognized as one of the best engines ever made. ) Anyways, back on topic. I havent been pulled over, but have been glared at by cops a few times. I should stop waving because one of these times im gonna get one of these cops that are picking on you guys.
Back to top Go down
JYB116
Rank 8
Rank 8
JYB116

Number of posts : 1788
Vehicle : Nissan skyline gtr
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 4:26 pm

raboyto2 wrote:
laynehip wrote:

word
on john gormely the other day there were talking about how incredible amazingly dangerous rhd cars
and people were phoning in talking about how its a disgrace that canada lets rhd into the country and its "almost as dangerous as not having day time running lights" (haha!)
and of course street racing got thrown into the mix and how it killed all these peoples and is more dangerous than godzilla and whatnot
and then somehow the fact that street racing was the most dangerous thing in the world got tied into rhd and then they concluded that rhd is the worlds most dangerous thing in the world

I heard that on the radio too. It kind of shows you how narrow minded and clueless people are about the world around them. Do they really think that having cars with the steering wheel on the other side is only happening in Canada? lol. So what about all the German (benz, bmw, audi etc) cars in japan with LHD? How about when you live in England and you wanna cross the pond to France? What if you lived anywhere in Europe and wanted to drive to England for a trip? Fucking Africa doesnt even know what they have, LHD or RHD, its a solid mix. Haha, why do only Canadians have such a problem with RHD? I dont understand why they keep saying they are dangerous. Maybe inconvenient at times (drive threw, pakade, turning left), but really, thats MY PROBLEM. I understand the hole "your not supporting your own country, you are sending money off shore, our car companies are suffereing". Well then make something i would drive. Like is it really that difficult to make a reliable diesel SUV that is good on gas? Other companies could do it, why couldnt we? Only NOW did chrysler realise this, and came out with a diesel option in their jeeps. Good for you guys, but i cant afford 40,000$ at the moment, but maybe ill pick one up down the road used. (great trucks by the way. they use a Mercedes 3.0 liter diesel that is recognized as one of the best engines ever made. ) Anyways, back on topic. I havent been pulled over, but have been glared at by cops a few times. I should stop waving because one of these times im gonna get one of these cops that are picking on you guys.

ya the police this year sure like walking with fucking sticks up their ass
Back to top Go down
Golks
Rank 5
Rank 5
Golks

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : '98 Honda
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 4:39 pm

What day was it on Gormley? I wouldn't mind listenning to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
troyjule
Rank 4
Rank 4
troyjule

Number of posts : 398
Vehicle : BMW e46
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 4:58 pm

I'd totally expect that conversation to take place on that right-winged-bum's show. Ignorance is his drug.

To those who got their car impounded, go to court. You definitely have a case, at least from what I've read.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 6:32 pm

they just look at it hypothetically of course but that say 20 registered rhd cars in regina, and 5 get in an accident or TL'd then 25% of them have been in accidents and say look how dangerous they are its all bullshit

i remember reading somewhere when convincing my parents i was giong to purchase RHD as my next vehicle. Some magazine or research group posted that 60% of RHD cars get in accidents compared to LHD which was some percentage lower but the research was totally skewed because they took whatever 100 LHD cars and only 10 RHD cars or something like that.

Its all these old hard headed politicians who wanna impress the menstrating soccer moms who get there panties in a bunch when they see something outta the norm.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 6:33 pm

if you wanna listen to political rantings listen to Rush Limba

Last edited by Moneypits on April 20th 2009, 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : accidentally double posted)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Impounded. Wow.   Impounded. Wow. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Impounded. Wow.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: General-
Jump to: