Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

road trip to race city, with driving school?

Go down 
+21
lu!$
dev
JSharp
Black
raboyto2
subbie
1eightySX
RyanR
corey
WPK
Fiorante
Maniac
L-Spec
veedub
taylorvw
Moneypits
_....
Thai-kun
greddy_1700
Marshal
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
greddy_1700
Rank 5
Rank 5
greddy_1700

Number of posts : 654
Vehicle : 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Registration date : 2008-05-14

road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2009, 4:57 pm

No way in hell my car will be done in April. and we live in the praries, it will be snowing in mid October...
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2009, 5:00 pm

road trip to the mountains then. mid summer. just to do whatever and tear up mountain roads. hopefully no one will get killed
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

Number of posts : 752
Vehicle : 2008 Toyota Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2009, 5:01 pm

It would need to be a weekend, one day would not work when you figure in 7+ hours travel each way. I agree april is too early for me aswell, and october is too late/cold.
Back to top Go down
http://www.306motorclub.com
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2009, 5:03 pm

Yeah, There ain't no way in hell my car will be drivable by then. Too bad.
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2009, 5:06 pm

I guess we'll have to drive ridiculously fast on public roads and pretend its a road course, children and animals can be pylons.
Back to top Go down
greddy_1700
Rank 5
Rank 5
greddy_1700

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2009, 5:09 pm

Well, regardless I want to make the trip to calgary this summer anyways. AWD Dyno Cool
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2009, 5:22 pm

greddy_1700 wrote:
Well, regardless I want to make the trip to calgary this summer anyways. AWD Dyno Cool

gah dyno's are for queens, mph = horsepower
Back to top Go down
greddy_1700
Rank 5
Rank 5
greddy_1700

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2009, 5:24 pm

RyanR wrote:
gah dyno's are for queens, mph = horsepower

Haha well thats one way of looking at it Razz

If the car gets finished I will be out at SIR alot this year. Hopefully pulling some high traps too.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2009, 6:02 pm

ya what about SIR up north, do they have a road course or just a drag strip???
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2009, 7:30 pm

RyanR wrote:
I guess we'll have to drive ridiculously fast on public roads and pretend its a road course, children and animals can be pylons.

Somehow I knew those would be your favorite choices, next to old people of course.
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2009, 7:59 pm

WReX wrote:
ya what about SIR up north, do they have a road course or just a drag strip???

drag strip only.
Back to top Go down
greddy_1700
Rank 5
Rank 5
greddy_1700

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2009, 5:04 pm

Strong bump!

Marshall, get off your ass and figure this out!
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2009, 7:24 am

"There weren't many dates left open . There were a few Sat evenings and some week days . The cost for week days is $2500 and $3500 for weekends plus insurance . I don't know how many people can take a day or 2 off in the middle of the week so it might be week ends at $3500 . Gas , meals , refreshments and hotel could bring it up to about $500 + . I think I would rather put that money into the track here . Just my thoughts . We can always discuss it further any time . "

Tihs is the information I was given, so unfortunately, it isn't looking promising.
They came to the same 3 flags conclusion someone else did... oh well, its still up for discussion
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2009, 9:23 am

Marshal wrote:
"There weren't many dates left open . There were a few Sat evenings and some week days . The cost for week days is $2500 and $3500 for weekends plus insurance . I don't know how many people can take a day or 2 off in the middle of the week so it might be week ends at $3500 . Gas , meals , refreshments and hotel could bring it up to about $500 + . I think I would rather put that money into the track here . Just my thoughts . We can always discuss it further any time . "

Tihs is the information I was given, so unfortunately, it isn't looking promising.
They came to the same 3 flags conclusion someone else did... oh well, its still up for discussion

I'd still be in for a weekend evening
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2009, 12:53 pm

I see his point in putting money to the track here. Could they really build a bigger track here though? This is like buying car parts no one here sells any that I need, so I put the money into the US businesses. I would pay more money for each track day here if they built a road course.
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2009, 1:03 pm

yeah any ideas as to why no a bigger track has been built here. i heard vette club uses the track just outside regina on the way to Regina beach, but i think is small. fun tho. Why isnt someone investing money in this. it would be a good idea since we have lots of space in 306 area. I understand that it migh take some time. Prbly you would say that there isnt much ppl like in alberta into racing and shit here, but guess what, there isnt a track to race on, just a drag strip, which im not fan of since i got a civic lol! but whatever, im poor and thats all i can afford. prbly even getting sponsorship from goverment and all the clubs in sk we could come up with some good idea....

Well prbly im just taking shit kuz its holiday and im working but think about it.
I wouldnt pay 500 to go and just race for one day.
Peace

EDIT: see i jsut went to the race track website and they are doing a petition to the Calgary City Council for help
Petition to Calgary City Council
This is why i think they might close after this season

why cant we do this. some help is better than none at all
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
greddy_1700
Rank 5
Rank 5
greddy_1700

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2009, 1:06 pm

luispizarro25 wrote:
Peace

It doesn't matter if the track is here or there, it would be the same kind of money regardless. And secondly, the goverment has been petitioned many times and has never gone for it. They don't want to spend millions funding a racing facility when we need to spend billions on this provinces infastructure. And even if all the clubs and other car related organizations pitched some money, it would be like 0.1% of the total cost, IF that.

Long story short, not happening champ.
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2009, 1:27 pm

greddy_1700 wrote:
luispizarro25 wrote:
Peace

It doesn't matter if the track is here or there, it would be the same kind of money regardless. And secondly, the goverment has been petitioned many times and has never gone for it. They don't want to spend millions funding a racing facility when we need to spend billions on this provinces infastructure. And even if all the clubs and other car related organizations pitched some money, it would be like 0.1% of the total cost, IF that.

Long story short, not happening champ.

well i needed to vent, it has been one of my questions and you just gave me the answer i wasnt looking for. but i guess thats the truth....
i guess ill have to get a F22C1 from an s2k in my civic and do drags at the SIR...
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2009, 5:45 pm

the owners of 3 flags tried to get govenrment support when they were initially expanding.
They expanded as far as they could on the property they owned, and they couldn;t buy any more land to go any bigger.
the reason the track is the way it is, is becasue it was originally a go-kart track for 20 or so years.
When the owners wer trying to expand, they went to many clubs/organizations to try to get money, but most clubs don't have much money to give.
When all is said and done, everyone wants a racetrack, but not everyone is willing to pay, and for every person who wants a track, there are 2 who don't.
I for one am immensley happy with what we have, and are grateful for the oppertunity.

and PS: the reason it is affordable to drive out at 3flags is becasue only one car is allowed on at a time. The driving course is so expensive is mostly becasue of insurance, as soon as more than one car is on the track, the risk of damage increases tenfold.
Not a beak, its just an explaination. If my facts are wrong, someone please correct me, this is all what I remember from when I was 14 and overheard what was said at the meetings.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2009, 10:17 pm

so should we just book a time to go to another track like 3 flags or are we still trying for race city???
Back to top Go down
Fiorante
Rank 7
Rank 7
Fiorante

Number of posts : 1234
Vehicle : frankenstien'd skyline
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2009, 10:31 pm

has anyone talked to the rcmp, ive seen parts of there course from the road and it looked decent, someone should talk to them, and show them the price of race city, i wouldnt mind spending 50$ to rip around a course for an evening.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2009, 10:43 pm

Fiorante wrote:
has anyone talked to the rcmp, ive seen parts of there course from the road and it looked decent, someone should talk to them, and show them the price of race city, i wouldnt mind spending 50$ to rip around a course for an evening.

that would be fun!!
Back to top Go down
JYB116
Rank 8
Rank 8
JYB116

Number of posts : 1788
Vehicle : Nissan skyline gtr
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2009, 10:48 pm

Fiorante wrote:

ya jons got a good point
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2009, 11:09 pm

That would probably never happen because of insurance reasons/liability and some other bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Fiorante
Rank 7
Rank 7
Fiorante

Number of posts : 1234
Vehicle : frankenstien'd skyline
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2009, 11:16 pm

probably, i was so tempted to pretend to get lost while deliever pizzas there, and take a cruise around the course. but maybe if they saw the profit they could earn they would think differently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: road trip to race city, with driving school?   road trip to race city, with driving school? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

road trip to race city, with driving school?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next