Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Winter driving=FAIL

Go down 
+7
laynehip
240sxy
slow
Rob
DOOLHA
Maniac
Earlface
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Earlface
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 349
Vehicle : 07 Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Winter driving=FAIL Empty
PostSubject: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 1:47 pm

My friends have started calling me mr plow because everywhere i drive i push a pile of snow with me. nevermind the fact that we got more snow in weyburn than you guys did there. took some pics just to amuse some of you on here. anyone else feel my pain?

Winter driving=FAIL IMG_0763

Winter driving=FAIL IMG_0764

Winter driving=FAIL IMG_0765

Winter driving=FAIL IMG_0766

you can see where every bolt underneath my car drags lol

Winter driving=FAIL IMG_0767

Winter driving=FAIL IMG_0769
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 1:50 pm

How low is that I plow a bit but not much usually only at University parking lot anyways.
Back to top Go down
Earlface
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 1:58 pm

got about 5 1/2 inches on my bumper i think (less than a pop can i know that for sure) and about 3 1/2 inches on my exhaust
Back to top Go down
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : schirting
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 10:21 pm

thats why mine is sitting nice and cozy in my garage
Back to top Go down
Earlface
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 10:35 pm

OCHO wrote:

lol no dice on that one. college student with no student loan=no money
Back to top Go down
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : schirting
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 10:38 pm

Earlface wrote:
OCHO wrote:

ya thats the one downside, i gotta drive my peice of shit corrolla that goes 90tops and never wants to start.
Back to top Go down
Earlface
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 10:42 pm

OCHO wrote:
Earlface wrote:
OCHO wrote:

ya thats the one downside, i gotta drive my peice of shit corrolla that goes 90tops and never wants to start.

haha ya and i drive about 800kms a month. needs to be something reliable
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 12:08 am

my car is dropped 3"... so yeah, i push/drag a lot of snow too.
Back to top Go down
Earlface
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 12:23 am

Supra wrote:
my car is dropped 3"... so yeah, i push/drag a lot of snow too.

lol well you have double the drop i have but your car also sat alot higher than mine stock
Back to top Go down
slow
Rank 3
Rank 3
slow

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 1:00 pm

earlface, your car is 4x4, what are you complaining about?
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 5:01 pm

slow wrote:

so is yours!
Back to top Go down
slow
Rank 3
Rank 3
slow

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 5:37 pm

240sxy wrote:
slow wrote:

so is yours!

i'm not complaining about plowing snow, and i don't mind my daily having some ground clearance (although new springs and shocks are on the to-do list in spring)... i don't run into issues going places with it unlike my other car
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 8:11 pm

4x4 stance is the shit
it allows me to park way out in the parking lot where no lowered car would dare ever go
or anyone else cause its like a 10 minute walk to the school
and the snow doesnt get plowed cause im the only one that ventures into it and there isnt a car for 4 or 5 parking sections
Winter driving=FAIL IMG00143
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 10:17 pm

slow wrote:
240sxy wrote:
slow wrote:

so is yours!

i'm not complaining about plowing snow, and i don't mind my daily having some ground clearance (although new springs and shocks are on the to-do list in spring)... i don't run into issues going places with it unlike my other car

i was talking about your other car

it has like 3 fingers of gap

pure 4x4
Back to top Go down
slow
Rank 3
Rank 3
slow

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 10:20 pm

240sxy wrote:

pure 4x4

only your 3 little girl fingers would fit in there now...i lowered the front before the end of summer

once i throw on some other coils i'll be back to tucking front and rear...mmm sweet sweet ballerness
Back to top Go down
Earlface
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 10:47 pm

slow wrote:

dude you dont see the full story lol the resonator on my car is nearly on ground and my car scrapes on the fucking highway when i hit a bump lol i cant go any lower because i commute. also, this is nearly the lowest drop they make for my car and as it is i cant put people in my back seat because the tires scrape. if the pictures are deceptive i can barely fit 2 fingers in the front.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2009, 12:36 am

Earlface wrote:
slow wrote:

dude you dont see the full story lol the resonator on my car is nearly on ground and my car scrapes on the fucking highway when i hit a bump lol i cant go any lower because i commute. also, this is nearly the lowest drop they make for my car and as it is i cant put people in my back seat because the tires scrape. if the pictures are deceptive i can barely fit 2 fingers in the front.
i had to commute with my old teg and i couldnt fit one finger in ant the fenders
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2009, 1:35 pm

slow wrote:
240sxy wrote:

pure 4x4

only your 3 little girl fingers would fit in there now...i lowered the front before the end of summer

once i throw on some other coils i'll be back to tucking front and rear...mmm sweet sweet ballerness

3 of my fingers is still waay high

you shouldnt be calling anyone 4x4 the way your car sits now, last time i saw it, i could fit my fist in your rear gap Razz

i never brag about my car being low, nor do i consider myself a low-down elitist, but this is full of weaksauce for a "too low" thread; barely 2 fingers, 3 adrian fingers, snow

jdm_itr wrote:

i had to commute with my old teg and i couldnt fit one finger in ant the fenders

we roll madd deep yo
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2009, 1:48 pm

240sxy wrote:
i could fit my fist in your rear gap

Eew.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2009, 1:49 pm

OMG
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2009, 2:17 pm

My car could be used to plow snow with my front spoiler and splitter. But its nto too effectiver, becasue the rear camber is so much that there is so little actualy contact patch. If its too low, park the car during the winter.
But the fact that your resonator scrapes on the highway, I suggest poor fitment..
Being super low is everrated
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2009, 2:30 pm

L-Spec wrote:
240sxy wrote:
i could fit my fist in your rear gap

Eew.

Wow I can't believe that just happned. You have fallen from Grace.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Earlface
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2009, 10:31 pm

Marshal wrote:
My car could be used to plow snow with my front spoiler and splitter. But its nto too effectiver, becasue the rear camber is so much that there is so little actualy contact patch. If its too low, park the car during the winter.
But the fact that your resonator scrapes on the highway, I suggest poor fitment..
Being super low is everrated

lol the fitment is fine it was a direct replacement exhaust all the hangers match up and the resonator is about a cm from the floor pan its just big and ya id like to park it but it isnt a lambo and im in college lol dont even have time to raise it back if i wanted to. so as i was saying earlier, winter driving=fail lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter driving=FAIL   Winter driving=FAIL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter driving=FAIL
Page 1 of 1