Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Parking ticket

Go down 
+2
Cypress_h
WPK
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WPK
Rank 3
Rank 3
WPK

Number of posts : 157
Vehicle : 06 Ranger
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Parking ticket Empty
PostSubject: Parking ticket   Parking ticket Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 6:41 pm

In edmonton I got a parking ticket. I am going to school here so I am still allowed to register with saskatchewan plates. I was too close to a fire hydrant. 3.9 meters to be exact. Your allowed 5 meters. :/ Anyway they wrote down my plate number but they put my plate as alberta rather than saskatchewan. Shud I not pay because they can't track me down? Or will it be cleared anyway because of an error. Ticket is 50 dollars. I also called them and they said that the officer might of wrote down initial info and I have to call back in 3-4 business days. They do not know who I am as well I made sure of that.
Back to top Go down
Cypress_h
Rank 4
Rank 4
Cypress_h

Number of posts : 275
Vehicle : 1991 plymouth laser
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Parking ticket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parking ticket   Parking ticket Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 6:48 pm

fight it......its the same as a regular traffic violation ticket if they put down misinformation they cant get you with the ticket....... you'll win so dont pay it, they cant track you down or anyhting
Back to top Go down
WPK
Rank 3
Rank 3
WPK

Number of posts : 157
Vehicle : 06 Ranger
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Parking ticket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parking ticket   Parking ticket Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 6:50 pm

I dont want to miss any class though. Would anything happen if I didn't do anything because they don't have the correct information and cannot track me down?
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Parking ticket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parking ticket   Parking ticket Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 6:52 pm

just pay the 50 dollars!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Cypress_h
Rank 4
Rank 4
Cypress_h

Parking ticket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parking ticket   Parking ticket Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 6:56 pm

Whitepowerkid wrote:
I dont want to miss any class though. Would anything happen if I didn't do anything because they don't have the correct information and cannot track me down?

lol they cant track you down..... they got the wrong information...... not like the city of e-town needs anymore money their fucking rich...... just take it as a grain of salt and count your p's and q's that they got the wrong information
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Parking ticket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parking ticket   Parking ticket Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 11:22 pm

Are there any familiarities between Sask #'s and alberta #'s? (Are they anything like postal codes?)

Anyway misinformation doesn't mean you don't have to pay... if they can track you down by any means you have to pay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Cody
Rank 3
Rank 3
Cody

Number of posts : 193
Vehicle : 1981 Malibu 355sbc
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Parking ticket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parking ticket   Parking ticket Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 11:32 pm

1eightySX wrote:
Anyway misinformation doesn't mean you don't have to pay... if they can track you down by any means you have to pay.

x2

I'm sure they will be able to track you down, now on the other hand, seeing as how they had wrong information you could try fighting it. Its only 50 bucks anyways, thats like.. almost half a tank of gas.
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Admin
Admin
Nigel

Number of posts : 319
Vehicle : 1991 Honda Civic
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Parking ticket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parking ticket   Parking ticket Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 11:45 pm

laynehip wrote:

way to fight the system layne!
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Parking ticket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parking ticket   Parking ticket Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 11:48 pm

Nigel wrote:
laynehip wrote:

way to fight the system layne!
its just not worth it i dont think
all the time spent trying to fight it/ thinking you dont need to because of misinformation then finding out later you actually might need to(i have no idea what the laws are for this at all) would be way more of a hassle then just paying the 50 dollars
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Admin
Admin
Nigel

Number of posts : 319
Vehicle : 1991 Honda Civic
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Parking ticket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parking ticket   Parking ticket Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 11:49 pm

Yah ive never had a ticket before but i doubt i would fight it unless it was a crazy amount of money and i actually believed myself to be innocent.
Back to top Go down
Cypress_h
Rank 4
Rank 4
Cypress_h

Parking ticket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parking ticket   Parking ticket Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2008, 12:34 am

lol the chances in edmonton to get the same meter maid are highly unlikely.... lol unless you park in the same area ALOT.... lol..... but still obvious this guy doesnt wanna pay it, even if they change it in the system, the OP obviously has the hard copy, they cant get him for shit....to the OP hold on to the hard copy and just forget about it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Parking ticket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parking ticket   Parking ticket Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parking ticket
Page 1 of 1