Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SGI Ticket Questions

Go down 
+9
240sxy
laynehip
JSharp
Piett
taylorvw
Moneypits
Cypress_h
Rob
Dot.
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Dot.
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2009-02-07

SGI Ticket Questions Empty
PostSubject: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 12:08 am

Well looks like I was thinking my Mustang was a sports car and I got myself a nice little ticket, now the officer wrote on the ticket "Drive without reasonable consideration of other", in other words would that be driving with undue car and attention? What happened was a van was slowing down at a intersection with his right signal on so I thought nothing of it and kept going, a woman was standing on the sidewalk waiting to cross I saw right as I was going through. Got nailed for like 270.00, now I am wondering will SGI do the whole deducting points thing from my license "-4" or w/e and does anybody know how many points they will do for this? I read you can pay $25 to appeal this whole thing at SGI and The Highway Traffic board will contact you and you can appeal through them. If you win the $25 is refunded and the point and points surcharge is removed. What do you guys know about this??

Fuckin Mustangs.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 12:15 am

I just dont understand how a ticket like that can possibly stick considering there was no cop present. How can they prove it?
Back to top Go down
Dot.
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 12:17 am

Supra wrote:
I just dont understand how a ticket like that can possibly stick considering there was no cop present. How can they prove it?

Because the person came down and wrote a statement with my license plate number and car description, and probably brought a box of timmy's with him.
Back to top Go down
Cypress_h
Rank 4
Rank 4
Cypress_h

Number of posts : 275
Vehicle : 1991 plymouth laser
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 12:21 am

in court its your word against theirs, so in essence they got nothing on you. The pedestrian technically had the right of way. take it to court, you'll win hands down
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 12:27 am

if the lady shows up in court you might lose
Back to top Go down
Cypress_h
Rank 4
Rank 4
Cypress_h

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 12:31 am

she'll have to show if she wants the ticket to stay...... if not it will get thrown out
Back to top Go down
Dot.
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 12:40 am

Cypress_h wrote:
she'll have to show if she wants the ticket to stay...... if not it will get thrown out

It wasn't even the lady who reported me, it was some guy in a truck behind all of us, he then sped up after he waited and got my plate and my friend who accidentally did the same and we both received a ticket for 270.00. I have basically payed for the ticket already as the judge hates me (Long hair and piercings don't go over well) and I am just wanting to get out of this SGI think in case they try and deduct points from my license.
Back to top Go down
taylorvw
Rank 8
Rank 8
taylorvw

Number of posts : 1554
Vehicle : ce9a
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 12:59 am

man i have been in the same situation got that same ticket for changing lanes without a signal.. i got nailed $280 haha
Back to top Go down
Dot.
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 1:01 am

taylorvw wrote:
man i have been in the same situation got that same ticket for changing lanes without a signal.. i got nailed $280 haha

Was the ticket for basically undue care and attention? and did SGI take 4 points off your license or anything?
Back to top Go down
taylorvw
Rank 8
Rank 8
taylorvw

Number of posts : 1554
Vehicle : ce9a
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 1:10 am

thats the exact ticket and yes i swear i got 6 points haha
Back to top Go down
Dot.
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 1:15 am

taylorvw wrote:
thats the exact ticket and yes i swear i got 6 points haha

WHAT!!! 6 points off??? On the SGI website it says -4 for that situation Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Dot.
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 1:26 am

I know like 3 years ago I had a stunting ticket and got -4... You would think this would be the exact same...
Back to top Go down
Dot.
Rank 4
Rank 4

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 10:05 pm

So the ticket is a -4 at sgi, so I will be sitting at a -5 and have to pay 125.00 for the points and 270.00 for the ticket.. The workers at SGI think I should fight the ticket because they basically said it is B.S. so I guess I might as well try it, worst thing is I loose and have to pay it...
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 12:53 am

it was a guy in a truck following you???? sounds like our situation too, someone said there was a truck following us all down albert then called 911
Back to top Go down
JSharp
Rank 8
Rank 8
JSharp

Number of posts : 1577
Vehicle : 2002 Yamaha R1, 2003 Nissan 350z, 2005 Yamaha R6
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 1:49 am

Damn Trucks always trying to fuck with the cars because they have weight issues
Back to top Go down
Cypress_h
Rank 4
Rank 4
Cypress_h

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 1:53 am

JSharp wrote:

damn fatties....... but seriously tho who the hell does that stupid shit.......got nothing better to do tonight lets go find some decent vehicles to try and get impounded
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 2:01 am

Cypress_h wrote:
JSharp wrote:

damn fatties....... but seriously tho who the hell does that stupid shit.......got nothing better to do tonight lets go find some decent vehicles to try and get impounded

it works!
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 11:27 am

if there is actually a bunch of hicks in regina who follow kids with import rhd cars and then phone in bogus calls that would be pretty wild and also exciting.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 11:51 am

laynehip wrote:
if there is actually a bunch of hicks in regina who follow kids with import rhd cars and then phone in bogus calls that would be pretty wild and also exciting.

lol tuner kids vs hicks exciting is right
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 11:53 am

there is actually 2 trucks that always harass people when we drive together to get to cornwall etc, primered grey thing and some other nutswinger

and if in fact they are calling in people in rhd's saying theyre racing, i am 100% certain it has to do with a certain someone calling them in for drinking and driving and getting them pulled over.

pm me if you would like to know who to thank for that
Back to top Go down
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : schirting
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 12:01 pm

ye fuckin diesels, i remember las year i had just washed my car n was going down the street and a big blue diesel in front of me kept revving his engine so all his black smoke would hit my car so i ripped if front of him and slowed down to nothing the whole way down the strret, fuckin idiot.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 1:03 pm

240sxy wrote:
there is actually 2 trucks that always harass people when we drive together to get to cornwall etc, primered grey thing and some other nutswinger

and if in fact they are calling in people in rhd's saying theyre racing, i am 100% certain it has to do with a certain someone calling them in for drinking and driving and getting them pulled over.

pm me if you would like to know who to thank for that

I know those guys. I doubt they would do it. I seriously even doubt they know how to contact the police or any emergeny lines.
I'll have a talk with those boys, see what they say.
It does seem logical that someone might be calling into the police and repaorting false things. But how is that even credible, and how can that stand up in court? I thought the officer had to be present at such time as to witness the incident.
Back to top Go down
Cody
Rank 3
Rank 3
Cody

Number of posts : 193
Vehicle : 1981 Malibu 355sbc
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 8:41 pm

A couple weeks ago I had about 4 people flip me off within a week. 3 times I should have been the one flipping them off. So now I'm getting pissed off lol.

Then just the other day I was driving around a corner and cracked the tires loose for literally like 2 seconds, then some guy comes racing behind me, staring at my plate and then gets on the phone and pulls into a parking lot. (obviouslly he's calling it in) So I followed him home and later i went back to his house and left two nice ones on his driveway haha, suprised I haven't heard anything from the police for how cunty they're being.

Then a couple days later i went through a crosswalk (not the ones with lights) with a person waiting on the side (that I couldn't see cause of a car turning right). Next thing you know the guy behind me comes speeding up and obviously he's getting my plate. So I went beside him and tried to get him to pull over but no luck haha.

And on 420 I picked my sister up from knoll and 4 different cops followed me from knoll to uplands.. piss off already.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 9:08 pm

immature, but I love it.
I wish my cars had power andI could do badass stuff like that
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 11:08 am

marshal wrote:

I know those guys. I doubt they would do it. I seriously even doubt they know how to contact the police or any emergeny lines.

hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SGI Ticket Questions   SGI Ticket Questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SGI Ticket Questions
Page 1 of 1