Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Do I Paint My Rims Black The Easy Way?

Go down 
+9
Black
Piett
Clint Eastwood
corey
laynehip
Rob
teggydesign
1eightySX
xTitan69x
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Baht85
Rank 3
Rank 3
Baht85

Number of posts : 198
Vehicle : 04 sentra se r spec v
Registration date : 2008-03-12

How Do I Paint My Rims Black The Easy Way? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Do I Paint My Rims Black The Easy Way?   How Do I Paint My Rims Black The Easy Way? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2008, 8:34 pm

maybe six dollars is alot of money to some of us lol
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Paint My Rims Black The Easy Way?   How Do I Paint My Rims Black The Easy Way? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2008, 8:37 pm

Baht85 wrote:
maybe six dollars is alot of money to some of us lol
Well then maybe you shouldn't have the internet my friend.
Back to top Go down
Baht85
Rank 3
Rank 3
Baht85

Number of posts : 198
Vehicle : 04 sentra se r spec v
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Paint My Rims Black The Easy Way?   How Do I Paint My Rims Black The Easy Way? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2008, 8:41 pm

well if it doesnt last long then i dont really want to do it myself because if it starts coming off it will look like shit and i will have to pay alot to get them looking good again
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Paint My Rims Black The Easy Way?   How Do I Paint My Rims Black The Easy Way? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2008, 8:45 pm

Okay I painted mine with $1.97 bbq paint and I had the wheels on the car for about 2 months and it tires had be changed/rims were took on and off many times and they were still good. I am changing color so I started sanding em down awhile ago and even sanding em down it was pretty timely getting all the paint off. If you take your time do loads of thin layers and clear coat I honestly think it'll last a super long time.
Back to top Go down
kkid28
Rank 4
Rank 4
kkid28

Number of posts : 379
Vehicle : 93 Bird
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Paint My Rims Black The Easy Way?   How Do I Paint My Rims Black The Easy Way? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2008, 1:29 am

corey wrote:
Okay I painted mine with $1.97 bbq paint and I had the wheels on the car for about 2 months and it tires had be changed/rims were took on and off many times and they were still good. I am changing color so I started sanding em down awhile ago and even sanding em down it was pretty timely getting all the paint off. If you take your time do loads of thin layers and clear coat I honestly think it'll last a super long time.

Straight up. More layers = more good.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Paint My Rims Black The Easy Way?   How Do I Paint My Rims Black The Easy Way? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2008, 1:44 am

kkid28 wrote:
corey wrote:

Straight up. More layers = more good.
more layers = fucking harder to get off when you want to change colors, heavier(if your extremely anal about weight) and a waste of time
any more than 3 is just silly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Paint My Rims Black The Easy Way?   How Do I Paint My Rims Black The Easy Way? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Do I Paint My Rims Black The Easy Way?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2