Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Test pipe question?

Go down 
+6
Justin
Maniac
Fuckbag
L-Spec
Marshal
lu!$
10 posters
AuthorMessage
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Test pipe question? Empty
PostSubject: Test pipe question?   Test pipe question? Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2008, 7:07 am

I got a test pipe in the car and i was wondering whats gonna happen when i take it the shop for anything that goes wrong with the car. Am i gonna get shit for it or summin? Are they still gonna work on it and dont give a shit about that? Where should i take it? There is this weird rattling noise when i start going from 0km/h and want it fixed. I just hooked up a skunk2 catback myself (first time doing it) so i dont know if i didnt tight things enough down there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Test pipe question?   Test pipe question? Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2008, 10:09 am

I doubt they will do anything to be honest. Even Minute Muffler will take out a cat and put in a test pipe. Just take it into the shop, an aftermarket cat will probably be $50 if they make you put one in, plus you'll be saving the environment!
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Test pipe question?   Test pipe question? Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2008, 12:06 pm

Exhaust shops won't turn down an opportunity to make money (unless it was due to safety issues). If SGI catches you with a straight pipe and demands a cat in it's place, then it's just back at the exhaust shop, meaning more money for the shop.

I wouldn't worry too much. Besides, if anything were to ever happen, a bribe always helps lol.
Back to top Go down
Fuckbag
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Test pipe question?   Test pipe question? Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2008, 12:30 pm

sask doesnt do air care, so you dont need any type of emissions control.
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Test pipe question?   Test pipe question? Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2008, 1:04 pm

Thank god we don't live in nazi california no turbo for my car is carb legal so they can only supercharge and cops pull you over when they see your exhuast and then search the engine bay for all aftermarket parts and if you have the carb stickers. Your car should be good with a test pipe I'm getting my dcrh and talked to honda coorp and it won't void my warranty.

My kpro ecu wont even void the warranty as long as I change the rev limiter back to stock. It isn't to hard to just swap a cat and test pipe if you are still under warranty I know guys who do it but in canada its not that big of a worry.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 363
Vehicle : 00' GSR
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Test pipe question?   Test pipe question? Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2008, 1:58 pm

As for the rattling noise it could probably just be something resonating because it's not tight enough? I peice of heat shield on my cat isn't tightend down and at about 1500rpm it rattles like a bitch.
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Test pipe question?   Test pipe question? Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2008, 4:03 pm

hey thanks guys for the quick response... i guess ill check first if there is anything loose when i hook up my sway bars in the front and back and if i cant find the problem ill take it to a shop. would u know of a good and affordable one? im always doing my stuff myself and dont knwo who to trust
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Test pipe question?   Test pipe question? Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2008, 10:04 pm

I've taken my old car to minute muffler but I knew the guy so got a deal but was good work
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Test pipe question?   Test pipe question? Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2008, 1:14 am

L-Spec wrote:
Exhaust shops won't turn down an opportunity to make money (unless it was due to safety issues). If SGI catches you with a straight pipe and demands a cat in it's place, then it's just back at the exhaust shop, meaning more money for the shop.

I wouldn't worry too much. Besides, if anything were to ever happen, a bribe always helps lol.

I love bribing so much fun to see people change when greed kicks in
Back to top Go down
Cody
Rank 3
Rank 3
Cody

Number of posts : 193
Vehicle : 1981 Malibu 355sbc
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Test pipe question?   Test pipe question? Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2008, 2:04 pm

Minute Muffler does good work, I took my car there to run dual 2 1/2's and the guy did a great job. And there was a guy in there that was getting them to take the cat off so I wouldn't worry.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Test pipe question?   Test pipe question? Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2008, 5:53 pm

i'll second that. Minute muffler on east Vic does great work. They did the work on my dad's convertible, my car, and they'll be routing my exhaust for my new engine. Terrific work
Back to top Go down
Fuckbag
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Test pipe question?   Test pipe question? Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2008, 7:23 pm

Cody wrote:
Minute Muffler does good work, I took my car there to run dual 2 1/2's and the guy did a great job. And there was a guy in there that was getting them to take the cat off so I wouldn't worry.

you are my paper boy haha.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Test pipe question?   Test pipe question? Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2008, 12:28 am

Boxyisbetter wrote:
i'll second that. Minute muffler on east Vic does great work. They did the work on my dad's convertible, my car, and they'll be routing my exhaust for my new engine. Terrific work
I agree I wouldn't go anywhere other than Minute muffler on Victoria street.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Test pipe question?   Test pipe question? Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2008, 12:45 am

corey wrote:
Boxyisbetter wrote:
I agree I wouldn't go anywhere other than Minute muffler on Victoria street.

In the past they've done nice work for me, but ALWAYS double check anything they do. My last wheel alignment i had done there they didnt even tighten one of the strut bolts(not the tops, the bottom ones they use to align or w/e), it was on maybe one turn, coulda fell off at any time possibly and fucked some shit up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Test pipe question?   Test pipe question? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Test pipe question?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: General-
Jump to: