Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Test Drive's

Go down 
+7
Rob
Piett
Clint Eastwood
Jason-
CamJohns122
Black
corey
11 posters
AuthorMessage
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Test Drive's Empty
PostSubject: Test Drive's   Test Drive's Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 12:00 am

Okay, So I've always wondered about this. When selling a car do you just hand the person the key's and let them go about driving your car unattended?

All the time's Nigel and I have gone for test drives the people seem to just hand the keys right on over and say knock yoruself out. I am unsure if these people are just very trusting or highly stupid. When selling my Jeep i rode along, I'd never let it out of my sight with someone who may or may not purchase it.

Where do you guys stand on this?
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Test Drive's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive's   Test Drive's Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 12:04 am

I think it would depend on the car. I sold my lumina van for like 900 i just let the guy who bought it take it for a rip (he left his street bike at my house). But if i were to sell my GTI i would definately go along for the ride.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Test Drive's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive's   Test Drive's Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 12:09 am

i went for a ride in my bimmer when it was being sold but i think it depends if they leave something nice at your house i think its alight but i still like to be along for the ride just to make sure
Back to top Go down
Jason-
Rank 3
Rank 3
Jason-

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Test Drive's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive's   Test Drive's Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 12:11 am

If you do not want to go along you can always ask to see their license. Make sure the photo matches and write down some information.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Test Drive's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive's   Test Drive's Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 12:14 am

Never thought about the license, probly a good idea.

Well I don't even think its the fact if there is something nice left with you.
They could be driving the complete piss out of your car and your totally obilivous too the fact.
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Test Drive's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive's   Test Drive's Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 12:22 am

I've always thought it is a good idea to jsut let them sit in the passenger seat and take them for a drive. But then again its alwasy nice to get a feel for a new car.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Test Drive's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive's   Test Drive's Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 12:23 am

I think you should drive it first and explain to them abnout iut while your driving then let them driv eback
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Test Drive's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive's   Test Drive's Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 12:32 am

Thats what Ben on Dover did when i was looking as his mk 3 VR6 a while back... That was a cool car
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Test Drive's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive's   Test Drive's Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 12:49 am

when i sold my crx, i drove the guy around the block, and he handed me the cash.

with my sentra i just said knock yourself out, cause it was a P.O.S

but i think for mynext car i sell im going to take them for a ride first, then they go (with me in the passenger) OR i sit in the passenger seat and they just drive it around the block or soemthing.

now it depends on what kind of person is wanting to drive, like when me and my dad go and buy a car he drives i sit in the passenger seat, so i think people should have enough trust in "older" people but say if 2 teens come up to a car, i wouldnt let them, EVER, go by themself. thats coming from someone who actually has gone out and had a little bag sesh with some cars on usedreg Razz
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Test Drive's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive's   Test Drive's Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 9:06 am

im always in the passenger seat when someone test drives my vehicles.

When I was buying my jeep the guy pretty much flipped me the keys and didnt care if i had it for the day so that was pretty cool. I also told him I was taking it in for inspection and he was fine with it. So that to me shows that he is confident that everything is good with it.
Back to top Go down
Thai-kun
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 810
Vehicle : 2000 Honda S2000 [AP1]
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Test Drive's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive's   Test Drive's Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 9:14 am

CamJohns122 wrote:
I think you should drive it first and explain to them abnout iut while your driving then let them driv eback

Pretty much exactly what I did with my Integra.
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

Number of posts : 303
Vehicle : 97 Prarie Porche
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Test Drive's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive's   Test Drive's Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 6:36 pm

Usually from talking to the person you can get a pretty good feel for who they are. I would like to think I am a good judge of character and that is what the deciding factor is. Of course I ask if they have a license, a punk ... i'd definetly go with. I would ask them if they knew how to drive stick by the way ... that would determine who drove (if they said sorta i'm driving!) I also look at the vehicle they arrived in.

My favorite test drive of all time:
selling my mom's old car ... two women show up, it is for an older lady but she brought her daughter along because "she knows how to test drive a car" so my dad gives them the keys and we watched their whole test drive! I live right on a corner at a T (but upside down) intersection and these two girls turn to go up the straight part of the street, they applied the breaks, went a bit, applied the breaks pulled a u-turn came back, parked the car and said they would take it. They never put the car in reverse or even got it up past 20 KM/hour (just an estimate) they never even really looked under the hood or the car in general .... there was nothing wrong with the car but had their been they would have been fucked. We had to keep from laughing when they came inside to sign papers.
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Test Drive's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive's   Test Drive's Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 8:52 pm

lol nice
Back to top Go down
playboyz28
Rank 4
Rank 4
playboyz28

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Snap-On Tool Truck
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Test Drive's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive's   Test Drive's Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2008, 1:20 am

hahahah!!....poor saps..
Back to top Go down
Proch
Rank 3
Rank 3
Proch

Number of posts : 186
Vehicle : 2001 Grand Prix GTP

Test Drive's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive's   Test Drive's Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2008, 11:19 pm

surprisingly, when i got my car the guy just handed me the keys and let me go, that kinda says your confident in your car enough that you don't need to be there for the drive. but its a huge trust factor too
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Test Drive's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive's   Test Drive's Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2008, 11:25 pm

If im selling a car i dont want to sell it unless i am confident with it, I dont think i could be a huge asshole and pass off my problems on someone else. I just don't have a huge amount of trust in people i just met, it takes time to build up a foundation of trust and takes 2 seconds to tear it down.
Back to top Go down
Proch
Rank 3
Rank 3
Proch

Number of posts : 186
Vehicle : 2001 Grand Prix GTP

Test Drive's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive's   Test Drive's Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2008, 10:06 am

very true.. can't say the same for myself though, when i sold my monte, i didnt tell them anythng aside from the engine leaking oil.. but honestly.. they never asked, they were signing papers and throwing money at me before i even started it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Test Drive's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive's   Test Drive's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Test Drive's
Page 1 of 1