Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is this true or what??

Go down 
+2
L-Spec
Rob
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Is this true or what?? Empty
PostSubject: Is this true or what??   Is this true or what?? Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2008, 7:39 pm

Im almost 99% sure this is total bullshit. But my friend is trying to tell me that on the news they said by 2010 any car that is 95 or older will be off the road, or something like that. I really dont believe this but i thought id share to see what you guys think or what you've heard.
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Is this true or what??   Is this true or what?? Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2008, 7:45 pm

I've heard these rumours. I personally don't think it will happen. The idea is to get most junk off the road and "freshen" up the visuals of the province. When I went to Alberta, it was rare that i saw a rust bucket at all, and it seems to be what SGI is aiming for. The reason I don't think this will go through is: Saskatchewan's average wage is like $30,000 per year, if that. I suppose everyone could buy a Sunfire or something, or else public transportation will be advanced and developed further. I don't know how much of it is true, and anything is possible, but I find this unlikely to happen, not anytime soon anyway.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Is this true or what??   Is this true or what?? Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2008, 7:47 pm

Thats what i figured.. Like im sure most of the city's vehicles are older than that, or will be soon
Back to top Go down
_....
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Is this true or what??   Is this true or what?? Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2008, 8:08 pm

I don't think there is any truth to that, the riots wouldn't make it worth it. What would they do about all the classics and cars in good condition older then 95 ....cough cough LIKE MY FUCKIN CAR! I could see SGI clearing all the real crap off the roads but to say everything older then some year is a little much.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Is this true or what??   Is this true or what?? Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2008, 1:05 am

that's probably what will happen. They should make it moer like japan, and have mandatory inspections every so many years. That would clear alot of teh crap off the road, and that would still keep the older cars that are in good operatiing condition onthe road.
I personally cannot see them demanding all vehicles older than '95 off the road, that would be ludicris...
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

Number of posts : 752
Vehicle : 2008 Toyota Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Is this true or what??   Is this true or what?? Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2008, 10:33 am

If they offer more government incentives to buy new vehicles, hell yeah I'l get rid of all my crap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.306motorclub.com
kkid28
Rank 4
Rank 4
kkid28

Number of posts : 379
Vehicle : 93 Bird
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Is this true or what??   Is this true or what?? Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2008, 6:43 pm

There wouldn't be enough cars newer than 95 to go around, that's a terrible idea!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this true or what??   Is this true or what?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this true or what??
Page 1 of 1