Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

True Life: I'm a street racer

Go down 
+8
Baht85
1eightySX
subbie
dev
L-Spec
Noops
JSharp
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JSharp
Rank 8
Rank 8
JSharp

Number of posts : 1577
Vehicle : 2002 Yamaha R1, 2003 Nissan 350z, 2005 Yamaha R6
Registration date : 2008-05-19

True Life: I'm a street racer Empty
PostSubject: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2009, 4:32 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRvrXgapROE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< PART 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oC5uZnxaY4 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< PART 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXUxuX07QA8 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< PART 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB5hFK6pDF0 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< PART 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBOx2OQl5F0 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< PART 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MBmEEFb6vI <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< PART 6

Most people I think would have seen these but just thought it was a better documentary then the one discovery channel had a while back and i like the DC2 integra.

Looking forward to upcoming streetracing documentary by 1320(A west Coast Story) later in 2009
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2009, 4:56 pm

Lol seen this whole thing awhile back, it sucks how bad cops crack down on little things like bumber height, and how the brothers dont have a lisense even Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2009, 5:07 pm

HOLY SHIT this brings me back. Well, I'm going to go make some popcorn.
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2009, 5:31 pm

haha yeah i remember watching this way back when. still pretty good hahaha
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2009, 9:45 pm

hahha man i watched these videos almost 2 1/2 years ago while i was getting my windows tinted in my prelude, lol ya the cops are assholes down there hey?? hahaha
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2009, 11:14 pm

i wouldnt say they are assholes, but id say they are alot stricker. Keep in mind its for a good cause
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2009, 11:24 pm

Bahahah.... how much did he say he spent on his car? 220hp w/o Nos. I remember W5 ran a story like this once. I think people who are willing to street race and then have the audacity to go on T.V. and talk about deserve to be ostracized.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Baht85
Rank 3
Rank 3
Baht85

Number of posts : 198
Vehicle : 04 sentra se r spec v
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2009, 11:31 pm

post 666^
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2009, 11:57 pm

1eightySX wrote:
Bahahah.... how much did he say he spent on his car? 220hp w/o Nos. I remember W5 ran a story like this once. I think people who are willing to street race and then have the audacity to go on T.V. and talk about deserve to be ostracized.
you just gotta go about it the right way
alex roy?
True Life: I'm a street racer 350px-AlexRoy
pretty sure he got on every show he possibly could
he was even on daily planet
his books amazing though
however he says street racing is super bad on all the shows
yet there is pics of him doing upwards of 200k with tire defect warning light on
True Life: I'm a street racer TeamPolizeiGumball3000
Back to top Go down
JSharp
Rank 8
Rank 8
JSharp

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2009, 12:53 am

THat is the sickest colour'looking integra around with very high quality parts but you can buy alot of nice cars for 60 grand or at least more then 220 hp (must say that i was excpecting higher) that is basically a GSR motor which stock makes around 180, soooo 220 isnt that impressice
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2009, 2:42 am

thats prob 220 to wheels + nitrous i think fairly good
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2009, 3:23 am

And aren't these videos old? Back then 220hp to the wheels was alot out of a N/A 4 cyl.
Fuck off, I'd kill for 220 HP to the wheels in anything I drive.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2009, 9:48 am

My guess is it is circa 2001- 2002, that is when street racing would have become a hot button topic in the mainstram media. So it is old but not that old. SoCal car import car culture really took off in the mid 90's, by 98 Steven Papadakis had already broken 9 seconds in a honda. So to say 220hp is good seems odd especially for the amount off money he spent it really isn't, also I would guess that if it was at the wheels he would have mentioned it. It appears that he tunned his car himself so I would guess that he doesn't actualy know the exact HP amount... it is probably an estimate.

I would say that this video is on the tail light of the Honda craze days at most of the serious tuners had already started to move onto RWD platforms, but that is just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2009, 7:43 pm

i think he talked up the price on what he spent trying to brag
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2009, 9:19 am

jdm_itr wrote:

I should hope so. imagine spending that kind of money and getting those results.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2009, 9:45 am

1eightySX wrote:
jdm_itr wrote:

I should hope so. imagine spending that kind of money and getting those results.

My guess is it is circa 2001- 2002, that is when street racing would have become a hot button topic in the mainstram media. So it is old but not that old. SoCal car import car culture really took off in the mid 90's, by 98 Steven Papadakis had already broken 9 seconds in a honda. So to say 220hp is good seems odd especially for the amount off money he spent it really isn't, also I would guess that if it was at the wheels he would have mentioned it. It appears that he tunned his car himself so I would guess that he doesn't actualy know the exact HP amount... it is probably an estimate. [/quote].[/quote]

okay,

but do you know how much a imported jdm dc2 wouldve cost when this video was made?

and whats with making fun of 220hp? thats more then ALOT of cars on this forum. its has bolt ons and ITB's, you guys are acting like its supposed to make some godly amount, just because someone made a honda fast in 98 doesnt mean parts just became cheap overnight. i says their are alot of bench racers on this forum.

and that "estimate" is 220hp at the wheels, who measures at the crank? who actually has their motor dyno'd off the chassis. 99.9% of cars are dyno'd at the wheels. this motor makes what, 200hp stock? so bolt-ons/itbs and a tune net you 20hp? it just makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2009, 10:07 am

Well put
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2009, 10:42 am

My guess is the car was never dyno'd so he probobly measured stock plus additional parts. There is nothing wrong with 220 hp at the wheels if you you don't spend the "anywhere from 50 - 60 thousand" on your car. Even if that includes the cost of the car that is still pretty steep. Remember that is U.S. dollars, so 50 thousand is 59 thousand for us and 60 is like 71 for us. Chances are he was was lying like mentioned earlier but sans Nos that build doesn't seem that impressive. Also, if he lied amount the amount of money he spent on his car he is probably exaggerating how much power the car makes as well. Say he told the truth about everything, is a 220hp at the wheels really worth the 60 thousand to you?

The truth is this guys is not reliable source, and if he built his acura to have 220hp at the wheels good for him, but if he built it for what he said he did... that is waste. Ontop of that I am not going to jock on this guys nuts because he felt it would be a great experince to go on MTV and brag/lie about his car and braking the law.
Back to top Go down
JSharp
Rank 8
Rank 8
JSharp

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2009, 4:52 pm

It was the cost of the car plus the apparent 60,000 dollars /he said he had put 60000 into the car (hope the firewall is gold plated like on the Mclaren F1 because that alot of cash) he could have bought an new BMW m3 and beat all the VTAK!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
JSharp
Rank 8
Rank 8
JSharp

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2009, 4:57 pm

1eightySX wrote:
My guess is the car was never dyno'd so he probobly measured stock plus additional parts. There is nothing wrong with 220 hp at the wheels if you you don't spend the "anywhere from 50 - 60 thousand" on your car. Even if that includes the cost of the car that is still pretty steep. Remember that is U.S. dollars, so 50 thousand is 59 thousand for us and 60 is like 71 for us. Chances are he was was lying like mentioned earlier but sans Nos that build doesn't seem that impressive. Also, if he lied amount the amount of money he spent on his car he is probably exaggerating how much power the car makes as well. Say he told the truth about everything, is a 220hp at the wheels really worth the 60 thousand to you?

The truth is this guys is not reliable source, and if he built his acura to have 220hp at the wheels good for him, but if he built it for what he said he did... that is waste. Ontop of that I am not going to jock on this guys nuts because he felt it would be a great experince to go on MTV and brag/lie about his car and braking the law.

Yeah, but even his GF said he was a showoff so who cares, probly the only reason he went on the show is because at the end he said he had quite street racing) anyway i was very entertained and would deffinatly watch True life im a streetracer 2 (were one man spends 90000 on a cavalier with lime green paint and underglow making similar power so i could really enjoy the video)

Also this cavalier would have a huge spoiler for the downforce it needs so the backtires dont break loose i highspeeds.... but wait arnt those FWD
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2009, 5:17 pm

1eightySX wrote:

JSharp wrote:
It was the cost of the car plus the apparent 60,000 dollars /he said he had put 60000 into the car (hope the firewall is gold plated like on the Mclaren F1 because that alot of cash) he could have bought an new BMW m3 and beat all the VTAK!!!!!!!

if you read my post, i said it was logical it was to the wheels. stock+mods and tune does not equal 220hp crank hp, that doesnt even make sense. thats what, like 190whp?

you guys also need to realise that this car was in fact atleast 4 years old when this was taken, when honda prices were still at a premium. people are still spending what, 15+k on 8 year old type r's? let alone an imported rhd dc2.

and ryan you of all people should know modding your car in that era cost much money, your brother is living proof. my guess back then exterior including your kit/paint/rims/bodywork/lighting would have already cost you 10k. i would agree he is lying on the price, but things quickly add up and this car being worth upwards of 35k is viable.

i wasnt saying anyone was/or should jock this guys nuts either, but if your going to disprove something atleast give legit reasons.

jsharp - 60000 into a vehicle doesnt nessesarily mean car+60. if you looked at in invesment terms(which is very stupid) youd say you have put 60k "into whatever"
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2009, 6:05 pm

Oh Adrian, I never thought I would see you back a Honda. I know parts can get expensive but come on, lets get to the root of this.... say you want to win a race Adrian, And I give you 30 grand for a car and 15 to to mod it, what would you do?

Would you buy honda and spend 15 grand to make 225hp? (You don't need to answer this... I know the answer)

Second, this was like 6 - 8 years ago we all know that there were faster Hondas back then, I mean parts were available, it is not like a fast honda was unheard of, especailly for less. So the real story is the only person they could find to be in this doc was a lame kid with a decently cool car.
Back to top Go down
JSharp
Rank 8
Rank 8
JSharp

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2009, 6:14 pm

i wanna find out the name of that paint on that car cause it's pretty nice (voltage blue someone told me a while back)?
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2009, 8:02 pm

1eightySX wrote:
Oh Adrian, I never thought I would see you back a Honda. I know parts can get expensive but come on, lets get to the root of this.... say you want to win a race Adrian, And I give you 30 grand for a car and 15 to to mod it, what would you do?

Would you buy honda and spend 15 grand to make 225hp? (You don't need to answer this... I know the answer)

Second, this was like 6 - 8 years ago we all know that there were faster Hondas back then, I mean parts were available, it is not like a fast honda was unheard of, especailly for less. So the real story is the only person they could find to be in this doc was a lame kid with a decently cool car.

i wasnt talking about if it was worth the money.

i disproved you twice and thats all i was talking about, you didnt even understand and you changed the subject to something completely irrelevant.

you agreed that you were wrong and ill agree that that car isnt worth the money.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2009, 9:22 pm

Did you rush home to post this before I could? Oh Adrian.... I still think your cool.

You are right you explained yourself and your argument and it made sense what you said about the Horse power of the car, it could make 220 at the wheels. ( We both know stats are not my Strong point). At least our argument ended on the common ground of this car being underpowered for the amount of money spent even for the early 2000's.

Thanks for reminding me why I keep you around Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True Life: I'm a street racer   True Life: I'm a street racer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

True Life: I'm a street racer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next