Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)

Go down 
+9
Piett
greddy_1700
jdm_itr
lu!$
laynehip
Moneypits
Golks
raboyto2
Marshal
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Empty
PostSubject: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 6:02 pm

Dear valued customer,
Hello, and welcome.

I am starting to machine parts, by request, for anyone who would like something made. You provide the drawings, and measurements, and what you want it made out of and I'll provide you with a price, and a part. If you provide the material, then the part will be cheaper.

The first thing I will be producing in batches of 20 are "drift knobs", you know, those fancy little things that replace your current e-brake button, allowing you to drift. They look exactly the same as the ones everyone else sells, except mine will sell for $10 in regular machined aluminum, $11 for polished aluminum, and $15 for annodized aluminum(your colour of choice). But if you can provide me with 2 feet(24 inches) of round aluminum bar stock, I will make your part for free.
I hope to have a batch done sometime this weekend, along with some pictures. The inside thread will be m5x.8, so if yours differs, let me know, and I can alter it for you.
This is what the button will look like in polished aluminum:
Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Cusco_emergency_brake_drift_button
Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Cusco_drift_button_honda_silver_pm
These companies want $27 + $7 to ship. I want $10 +$5 to ship
Seeing as how I used this exact knob as a starting point, it is an exact replica

I'll stand by anything I sell/make, so if it fails, I'll make you a new better one.
PM me if you want one. cash only, no cheques(wal-mart wont take them, neither will I)

I can provide pictures of other things I have made if people would like to see it. If anyone(ryanB) can vouch for quality, I would appreciate it.
a shift knob I made(comments to yourself evan)
Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) 2009_048
Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) 2009_049
This is made with out of aluminum I have polished. It took about 2 hours to make/polish. I could probably do it under 1.5 hours now that I know what to do
Some easy things I can make:
coupler adapters
hubcentric rings
shift knobs
AFM adapters for a cone filter

I'd appreciate making complicated things, but be patient, as I only have my 1st year in this trade. But I appreciate a challenge. If I can't make it, it is no loss for you

bushings out of aluminum.
things made out of aluminum are cheaper than things made out of stainless. And parts made of cold rolled steel and significantly cheaper. They just don't look too pretty.
All Profits go to helping my buy tools required for the trade.

Last edited by Marshal on June 14th 2009, 6:16 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 6:06 pm

you rock.

now can you make me a b18 block ?? lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Golks
Rank 5
Rank 5
Golks

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : '98 Honda
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 6:07 pm

We will talk.

Trust me.

I saw the part Marshal whipped up for Ryan and I was impressed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 6:14 pm

raboyto2 wrote:
you rock.

now can you make me a b18 block ?? lol Razz

sadly, the only engine work I preform is port and polishes.
and that is done with sand.
while the engine is running
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 6:14 pm

the tolerances on ALL parts will be +/- 1mm. unless you specify otherwise.
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 6:15 pm

how tight of tolerance can your machinery go?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 6:26 pm

I can hit +/- .0001 of an inch.
If you want that kind of tolerance, I will charge you, becasue it is a pain in the ass, but so will any other shop.
On the manual milling machine, you can usually hit +/- .010 of an inch quite easily.
the manual lathe is not the best at our shop, and is quite worn out, so I can do my best. but I can still air for the +/- .010 of an inch.
I want to try to stay away from CNC stuff, becasue most of the machines are running 24/7 there, and it is a hassle for a batch of one part.
If there is something you want several of, then I can make a program
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 6:47 pm

Hey marshal id be interested in a shift knob if you can
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 7:02 pm

tell me the design, a picture if you could, desired material, sizes, inside tap size and what type of finish you fould like.
for polished surfaces, it will cost $2 on shift knobs
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 7:03 pm

i would buy an anodized orange one
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 7:04 pm

Marshal wrote:
tell me the design, a picture if you could, desired material, sizes, inside tap size and what type of finish you fould like.
for polished surfaces, it will cost $2 on shift knobs

what anodized colors can you do?
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 7:10 pm

mmmmm im thinking im thinking....
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 7:12 pm

well annodizing is new to me, so I will be trying it out to see if it successful.
I can do any colour, I jsut have to buy dye.
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 7:15 pm

Marshal wrote:
well annodizing is new to me, so I will be trying it out to see if it successful.
I can do any colour, I jsut have to buy dye.
kinda off topic but buddy up in sktoon is doing k series in eg civic and he asked me who i knew that could anodize motor mounts.
Are you able?
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 7:17 pm

i want solid motor mounts
Back to top Go down
greddy_1700
Rank 5
Rank 5
greddy_1700

Number of posts : 654
Vehicle : 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 7:26 pm

If I could get my hands on a set of B18 in a EF civic motor mounts I could copy the design and produce a drawing no problem.

Anyone know where I could find a set to take some measurements from?
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 7:33 pm

there is sonme one here who knows a guy with a red ef with b18b. not sure if the mounts are the same for c and b.
i have the two upper ones for b18c that fits 92-95 civic. not sure if the ef are differents
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 7:45 pm

I will more than willingly try to anodize things.
But I will be doing it in the way as described here:
http://astro.neutral.org/anodise2.shtml

Note, it appears quite hazardous and expensive, so I may not be offereing it anymore. I will try to make layne an orange one, and see how that works out, if it doesn't work, I don't know if it will be worth trying.

Seeing as how complicated it is, and time consuming it is to aquire/assembe the materials, I'd prefer to do multiple items of the same colour.
We'll see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 8:21 pm

If you want something made, and ARE SERIOUS, PM me with the details and whatnot.
I will not build anything if people just post in this thread, as it seems less personal.
Please do not back out if I make something for you, becuase it does take a considerable amount of time/effort to make something by hand.
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 10:58 pm

i want a lime green drift button. ill give you $15 asap if you can do that.

edit: i wouldn't mind a shift knob either. something like the one wrex was selling. LINKY .. something that threads a bit deeper in the knob, if you know what i mean?
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 11:08 pm

jdm_itr wrote:

yea.... your gonna have a few more problems then cv shafts Razz
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 11:27 pm

raboyto2 wrote:
jdm_itr wrote:

i was kiding i dont acually want them i was trying to tell the kid with the rsx that and he was like i think im gunna get some Surprised
Back to top Go down
oneurt
Rank 1
Rank 1

Number of posts : 9
Vehicle : 08 MS3
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2009, 3:09 pm

jdm_itr wrote:
raboyto2 wrote:
jdm_itr wrote:

i was kiding i dont acually want them i was trying to tell the kid with the rsx that and he was like i think im gunna get some Surprised

I still have a headache from that kid!!
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2009, 3:24 pm

Ill get you a picture and thread size soon marshal just trying to figure out what style i want

can you put the shift pattern in the top to? or no

also could you do a DIN size of flat aluminum about 1/4" or so thick? and cut out gauge holes?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2009, 5:48 pm

yes, I would be more than happy to mill a shift pattern into the top of the knob for you, as long as the top of the knob is flat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next