Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)

Go down 
+9
Piett
greddy_1700
jdm_itr
lu!$
laynehip
Moneypits
Golks
raboyto2
Marshal
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2009, 12:37 pm

ok, drift buttons are made
Here's what they look like:
)Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) - Page 2 4916_119146460774_609485774_3341035_739900_n
its is confirmed that they fit mazda and toyota so far, they should fit nissans and other cars no problem though
I currently have 23 of these left.
If interested(and I MUST KNOW BY WEDNESDAY) and can have them gold annodized for $3/piece more.
The inside thread is once again M5x.8(Metric 5x .8 threads per inch)
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2009, 12:29 am

Marshal wrote:
ok, drift buttons are made
Here's what they look like:
its is confirmed that they fit mazda and toyota so far, they should fit nissans and other cars no problem though
I currently have 23 of these left.
If interested(and I MUST KNOW BY WEDNESDAY) and can have them gold annodized for $3/piece more.
The inside thread is once again M5x.8(Metric 5x .8 threads per inch)

yup, count me in for a gold one.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2009, 6:35 pm

I'll be taking one, I'll get it when I drop off that steel plate to you.
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2009, 9:03 pm

I had a dream and marshal crushed it with his lackluster machine/machining skilllzz. But I forgive him.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2009, 9:40 pm

you know drift buttons slide over top of your stock button and you rip the spring out right
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2009, 10:59 pm

thse you unscrew your factory button, remove the spring, and thread on the new button.
it allows you to easily lock the button if you actually want to use your emergeny break to hold the car in place
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 16th 2009, 2:52 am

thats why drift knobs have a flare, you so can pull on them

once the knob is pulled out and the lever is pulled past the first click, your brake stays on like normal.

any car have have a "drift knob" all you have to do is remove the spring pushing the button out, \
but it becomes hard to pull on to lock it in the upright position, bringing this post back to why drift knobs have flares

threading them is a waste of time
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 16th 2009, 6:09 am

MAybe it is my ignorance, or maybe your post makes no sense.
factory buttons are threaded, other manufactured buttons are threaded, therefore, I threaded these, seeing as how they replace the existing button.
I don't see how it would work if you didn't thread them, how would it attach to the cable?
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 16th 2009, 8:58 am

Marshal wrote:
MAybe it is my ignorance, or maybe your post makes no sense.
factory buttons are threaded, other manufactured buttons are threaded, therefore, I threaded these, seeing as how they replace the existing button.
I don't see how it would work if you didn't thread them, how would it attach to the cable?

like i said, they slide over top of the existing button, you physically jam them on.

if you would like to take a look at mine, id be happy to show you
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 16th 2009, 6:48 pm

interesting. all the ones I have seen, both online, and in person replace the factory one.
So that is what I made mine to be
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)   Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where All Your Dreams Come True(PICTURES UPDATED FOR DRIFT BUTTONS, PAGE 2)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2