Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Closed Member List With Vouching?

Go down 
+14
Piett
corey
laynehip
raboyto2
Clint Eastwood
playboyz28
JYB116
troyjule
1eightySX
CamJohns122
kkid28
Nigel
Black
Harper
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:05 pm

O i agree harper im sure they can vouch but just kinda get my idea like nobody knows me except my friends on the forum really i mean besides the new friends ive made but like at the beginning and like itd be hard for people to get into the regina car scene who may not know us say a school that hasnt been represented on here etc.

or maybe they just have no friends
Back to top Go down
kkid28
Rank 4
Rank 4
kkid28

Number of posts : 379
Vehicle : 93 Bird
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:07 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:
O i agree harper im sure they can vouch but just kinda get my idea like nobody knows me except my friends on the forum really i mean besides the new friends ive made but like at the beginning and like itd be hard for people to get into the regina car scene who may not know us say a school that hasnt been represented on here etc.

Well if they have no friends then they should get some. We're not saying everyone has to know everyone, just that everyone has to know someone....
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:07 pm

or if we wanted, only people who were well known and had a high rank, like 3 or 4 could vouch, it would stop one new member from vouching for a ton of new people that no one knows i know that wouldn't be totally fair becasue im sure there a lots of people who have been on here longer than i have but aren't as high a rank. I guess it boils down to whats more important, the site growing larger, or us having piece of mind and POSSIBLY preventing theft. It could just be random theft as someone else said (don't remember who).... i think the admins need to come up with a few possible solutions and we can all vote on what we think is best for us and the forum
Back to top Go down
troyjule
Rank 4
Rank 4
troyjule

Number of posts : 398
Vehicle : BMW e46
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:09 pm

I'm almost positive Brett's case wasn't related to this site. It was sitting in a parking lots for a week+.
Back to top Go down
JYB116
Rank 8
Rank 8
JYB116

Number of posts : 1788
Vehicle : Nissan skyline gtr
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:09 pm

stop the panic and take it day by day could just be a rare case of this happening?
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

Number of posts : 303
Vehicle : 97 Prarie Porche
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:10 pm

Yea Cam I understand what your saying ... I'm in the same boat ... I know people on here from my school and Nigel pretty much ... I think I met Thai_Khan once a few years ago and I met 2 others (cant remember who) at a party on friday ... they knew it was me because who else drives a cavalier with 2/3s racing stripes lol

Yea this is just brain storming here for ideas basically to offer piece of mind of the users Jblack ... just a possible solution. Just offering my suggestions here so its not 100% on the admins to come up with these ideas ... its all of us who use the site ... its all of us who should have input on how things go down I think.

I'm not really panicking or anything like that ... just saw a few others questioning the situations that have recently occurred so I thought I would offer a suggestion.

Last edited by Harper on June 1st 2008, 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:11 pm

kkid28 wrote:
CamJohns122 wrote:

Well if they have no friends then they should get some. We're not saying everyone has to know everyone, just that everyone has to know someone....

lol well they could make friends on here if givin the chance all im saying is the flaw with the vouch thing is trust, i mean i know people who are friends and shit but doesnt mean they couldnt steal you know i think we need a better way like a noob thread where until youve posted your own car? as collateral? or have gone to a meet and met people only than can you have full membership status
Back to top Go down
kkid28
Rank 4
Rank 4
kkid28

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:11 pm

JBlack09 wrote:
or if we wanted, only people who were well known and had a high rank, like 3 or 4 could vouch, it would stop one new member from vouching for a ton of new people that no one knows i know that wouldn't be totally fair becasue im sure there a lots of people who have been on here longer than i have but aren't as high a rank. I guess it boils down to whats more important, the site growing larger, or us having piece of mind and POSSIBLY preventing theft. It could just be random theft as someone else said (don't remember who).... i think the admins need to come up with a few possible solutions and we can all vote on what we think is best for us and the forum

I think this is a good idea, I'd rather the forum not grow incredibly fast because it would be full of crooks, I don't even have a car but if I did I would much rather prefer a secure forum.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:13 pm

kkid28 wrote:
JBlack09 wrote:

I think this is a good idea, I'd rather the forum not grow incredibly fast because it would be full of crooks, I don't even have a car but if I did I would much rather prefer a secure forum.

again just my opnion nohting else i agree with you but like wasnt the point to kinda get the regina car scene more noticed and accessable and shit i mean theres peeople who arent on this forum but drive super nice cars and id love them to join so theyll come to meets and i can admire and dream
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:15 pm

Well for now I think closing the show room to the public and deleting members with 0 posts would be good ... and if a pattern of breakins and vandalism starts to occur then maybe we could implement this.
Back to top Go down
kkid28
Rank 4
Rank 4
kkid28

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:15 pm

CamJohns122 wrote:
kkid28 wrote:
JBlack09 wrote:

again just my opnion nohting else i agree with you but like wasnt the point to kinda get the regina car scene more noticed and accessable and shit i mean theres peeople who arent on this forum but drive super nice cars and id love them to join so theyll come to meets and i can admire and dream

Exactly, have them come to a meet before they can strut their stuff here in the showroom.
Back to top Go down
playboyz28
Rank 4
Rank 4
playboyz28

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Snap-On Tool Truck
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:19 pm

well, if this is the way to go, i'm with it.

I'm down for it. Corey can vouch for me Smile And bunch more..Smile
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:21 pm

I vouch for you jason lol your the god that made my car driveable haha speaking of tell kevin to call me about my hood
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:22 pm

like you said in another thread its sad that it would have to come down to this but there are people in the world that will deliberately fuck up your shit just because its nice ... I found that out first hand the day I got my license (Hit and run along with 12 others in my area that night $1800 damage)

I don't know you but I would still vouch for you seeings how much youve given back to this forum by helping other members ect.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:23 pm

i recommend first before everything the admins send a message to all the zero post members telling them theyre account will be deleted unless they resond then go from there
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:43 pm

It is never going to 100% safe, first and foremost we have to start being more responsible for what we post about ourselves. Second, it is a forum not a car club, the idea is for like minded people to be able to form a community. I mean, if vouching was the case than I would not be here as there was no one to do that for me. You don't want it to get too hard to access the page but at the same time you want to protect the existing members. So yah making people register to access the forum is not fool proof but is still one filter to keep some of the riff raft out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:46 pm

Yeah i agree but i mean i dont want people paranoid or scared to post their car in the showroom cause thats an awsome part of this site is looking at all the cool cars.

I still think its just cause its always the nice cars that get vandalized and theres nothing but nice cars on here
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:51 pm

People shouldn't be scared of anything, ya this sucks, but i would bet that this was someone who saw the car outside cws, knew the car(its been around for awhile) and saw some things they wanted. Its been at cws for a while and thats a high traffic area of people who know vw's and knew that those seats are worth 600$. I don't think it was a forum lurker that would have done the same thing, had the car been at my house.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:54 pm

Hey I agree, I want to continue seeing peoples cars but there can be line between paranoid and aware. I don't think closed with vouching is the answer, but I have already voiced my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:54 pm

i guess i have to pay someone to vouch for me.... Anyone wanna make 20 bucks?
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:55 pm

haha as people can tell with all my stuff for sale lol im down haha
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 12:02 am

raboyto2 wrote:
i guess i have to pay someone to vouch for me.... Anyone wanna make 20 bucks?

I know you
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 12:12 am

has this forum all gone mad!!!
its like america with terrorists!!!
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 12:14 am

Its like that one episode of the twilight zone where the aliens make everyone kill each other Suspect
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 12:16 am

well honestly have we actually become this paranoid
like this is insane!!!!
you might as well scratch ever driving your car because some thief might see it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Closed Member List With Vouching?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next