Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Closed Member List With Vouching?

Go down 
+14
Piett
corey
laynehip
raboyto2
Clint Eastwood
playboyz28
JYB116
troyjule
1eightySX
CamJohns122
kkid28
Nigel
Black
Harper
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

Number of posts : 303
Vehicle : 97 Prarie Porche
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Closed Member List With Vouching? Empty
PostSubject: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 10:38 pm

K so with the recent vandalism and thefts happening to members of this forum have got people questioning whether or not someone on the forum is lurking in the showroom to see what everybody has and goes out and steals/fucks it up for the hell of it. If you think about it, it would be easy to pull off and find the cars since some people have talked about where they work, maybe some street signs were in some pictures of the car, people talk about like I'm going to take my car here today to get this done ect.

Heres my suggestion:
To start with delete all members with 0 posts and any user that nobody knows for that matter
Make a new member group called verified users
Verified users will be like regular users now, they can access everything
New members can only view an introduction forum where someone has to vouch for them that they are legit

This way we do not have randoms that nobody knows, I think this will make people feel a lot safer about putting their stuff up on the site again.

There is over 20 members who have never made a single post on the forums!

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Harper on June 1st 2008, 10:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 10:40 pm

I think this is a really good idea, it may take a lot of work but it seems worth it if all our shit is being stolen
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Admin
Admin
Nigel

Number of posts : 319
Vehicle : 1991 Honda Civic
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 10:41 pm

I think its a good idea. Would be worth it if it prevents vandalism and theft.
Back to top Go down
kkid28
Rank 4
Rank 4
kkid28

Number of posts : 379
Vehicle : 93 Bird
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 10:41 pm

I've given Nigel an idea already that he said he'd ponder. You have to be approved to view the showroom forum, probably should go for the buying/selling forum too... That could be a good start, but what's to stop these people (if these are them) from making a new account?
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 10:45 pm

They have to be vouched for by someone who is already a verified member on the forum
Back to top Go down
kkid28
Rank 4
Rank 4
kkid28

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 10:46 pm

Yeah, I guess it's the same idea, lol. Great minds think alike Wink

I recommended to Nigel, either that ^ or they have to show up at a meet or something and get to know people, no strangers here.

Last edited by kkid28 on June 1st 2008, 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 10:46 pm

isn't the market place closed to non members already?
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 10:47 pm

Not sure but I just looked at how many members have 0 posts and there is like 20 of them ... having 0 posts is like the equivalent to not being a member really ... this is why I think we need this system.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 10:47 pm

I agree and Disagree, i dont see a future in the site growing if members must be always verified by someone else etc its just not that prestigious. but i do agree on the other precautions, i also think more meets so everyone knows eachother and shit yo uknow
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 10:49 pm

kkid28 wrote:
Yeah, I guess it's the same idea, lol. Great minds think alike Wink

I recommended to Nigel, either that ^ or they have to show up at a meet or something and get to know people, no strangers here.

yeah i agree on the zero post thing theyre not contributing so trash em but on the other hand kkid28 i dont know you so techinaclly your a stranger does that mean you cant be on this site, or vice versa? see what im getting at
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 10:49 pm

Yeah, I mean it will slow down productivity maybe but I think it will make everybody feel a lot better. I agree to more meets since I have yet to goto one so most of you probably don't know me (unless you goto Knoll or you were one of the guys I met at a party on Friday night). I have yet to goto a meet because I always have to work Sad
Back to top Go down
kkid28
Rank 4
Rank 4
kkid28

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 10:50 pm

I go to school with Nigel. Wink So he's sure of me.

Last edited by kkid28 on June 1st 2008, 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Admin
Admin
Nigel

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 10:50 pm

I guess a flaw with the vouch system is that someone who doesnt know anyone never gets the chance to be a part of the forum, and perhaps bring more people with him.
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 10:51 pm

I don't know you either Cam but I've known both admins for years so they can vouch for me ... thats kinda how this system would work.
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 10:52 pm

Harper wrote:
I don't know you either Cam but I've known both admins for years so they can vouch for me ... thats kinda how this system would work.

I would think that someone wouldn't know about this site unless a friend has told them ... because lets face it no advertising has ever been done or am I wrong?
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Admin
Admin
Nigel

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 10:52 pm

Maby a system should be set up that only allows people with a minimum number of posts to view the showroom. This wouldnt be a terrible idea because it would encourage new members to get involved and post more frequently.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

I think we should have an introduction thread where once you register you must actually introduce yourself. Otherwise do like ricers did and make it so you have to be registered user to access the site. I always talk to people who say they come here and read but never register.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
kkid28
Rank 4
Rank 4
kkid28

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 10:53 pm

Nigel wrote:
I guess a flaw with the vouch system is that someone who doesnt know anyone never gets the chance to be a part of the forum, and perhaps bring more people with him.

have them come to a meet, then they can vouch for more people, it's like a pyramid scam.
Back to top Go down
kkid28
Rank 4
Rank 4
kkid28

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 10:54 pm

1eightySX wrote:
I think we should have an introduction thread where once you register you must actually introduce yourself. Otherwise do like ricers did and make it so you have to be registered user to access the site. I always talk to people who say they come here and read but never register.

That'd be easy to get by though...

Hi, I'm Mike, I drive a 99 Sunfire GT and I work at Ipsco. and then... blamo! You're missing a kidney.
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 10:57 pm

lol I thought we were talking about car breakins not stealing body parts

and your close: My name is mike, i drive a 97 cavalier and work at Budget ... BLAMO your missing a kidney
Back to top Go down
troyjule
Rank 4
Rank 4
troyjule

Number of posts : 398
Vehicle : BMW e46
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 10:59 pm

Have you seen the asking price for a kidney?
Back to top Go down
kkid28
Rank 4
Rank 4
kkid28

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:01 pm

Harper wrote:
lol I thought we were talking about car breakins not stealing body parts

and your close: My name is mike, i drive a 97 cavalier and work at Budget ... BLAMO your missing a kidney

Yeah but... I'm not mike, and I don't even have a car... and I work at Superstore...

And yes, the asking price for a kidney is why someone would want yours... tongue
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:03 pm

Nigel wrote:

yeah that was my thoughts
Back to top Go down
Harper
Rank 4
Rank 4
Harper

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:04 pm

We could invite them out to a meet ... and if their a sketchy character ... NO
Back to top Go down
kkid28
Rank 4
Rank 4
kkid28

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 11:05 pm

Harper wrote:
We could invite them out to a meet ... and if their a sketchy character ... NO

Exactly, ie. his car is full of stuff that's gone missing out of people's cars on this site, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Closed Member List With Vouching?   Closed Member List With Vouching? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Closed Member List With Vouching?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next