Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Turbo Vs. N/A

Go down 
+7
Rob
Black
corey
Clint Eastwood
Thai-kun
BrYaNtOn
CamJohns122
11 posters
AuthorMessage
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Turbo Vs. N/A Empty
PostSubject: Turbo Vs. N/A   Turbo Vs. N/A Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2008, 8:04 pm

Well ive been playing around with these two ideas for a while, do i wanna boost or keep it all motor. Ive heard boost isn't bad on these engines if you run low psi and you make some pretty high numbers. Also i heard all motor was awesome cause you can get close to the same HP and more realiable in some peoples minds.

My problem is what about stock internals if i turboed and did a really good tune should i be safe? Or should i beef up internals and go all motor cause keep in my mind i do not have the funds to do both.
Back to top Go down
BrYaNtOn
Rank 3
Rank 3

Number of posts : 132
Vehicle : 1989 nissan 240sx
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Turbo Vs. N/A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Vs. N/A   Turbo Vs. N/A Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2008, 8:09 pm

wat about going all motor a right now and then when u can afford it drop on a turbo. thats just my thoughts tho
Back to top Go down
Thai-kun
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 810
Vehicle : 2000 Honda S2000 [AP1]
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Turbo Vs. N/A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Vs. N/A   Turbo Vs. N/A Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2008, 8:13 pm

My opinion, just don't turbo it all together. Work on making it safer and stronger body wise before you get into the engine tuning.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Turbo Vs. N/A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Vs. N/A   Turbo Vs. N/A Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2008, 8:13 pm

thats what i was thinking but that factors in alot of costs for parts i would be disregarding like, header, would i buy turbo cams to begin with or just racing cams etc?
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Turbo Vs. N/A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Vs. N/A   Turbo Vs. N/A Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2008, 8:14 pm

Thai-kun wrote:
My opinion, just don't turbo it all together. Work on making it safer and stronger body wise before you get into the engine tuning.

what do you mean body wise? and well its got fully redone brakes all around, full race quality suspension
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Turbo Vs. N/A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Vs. N/A   Turbo Vs. N/A Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2008, 8:49 pm

As I see it, it really will come down to how big your wallet is. To get the same numbers NA as you can with a good turbo setup it's gonna cost a heck of alot more money.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Turbo Vs. N/A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Vs. N/A   Turbo Vs. N/A Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2008, 10:02 pm

If you go the turbo route make sure you know what your engine is capable and start pushing up the boost when it clearly can't handle it.
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Turbo Vs. N/A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Vs. N/A   Turbo Vs. N/A Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2008, 11:07 pm

BrYaNtOn wrote:
wat about going all motor a right now and then when u can afford it drop on a turbo. thats just my thoughts tho
I agree, man you can do all your internals go all motor for now your engine has super low km's so even when you do have the money to turbo it you won't have to worry about turboing a really high km engine anyways.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Turbo Vs. N/A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Vs. N/A   Turbo Vs. N/A Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2008, 11:19 pm

I dont think it would be worth it to try to make power n/a. It would require a lot of work done to the head, increasing compression, ignition, ect..

Turbo motor will have a lot more potential
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Turbo Vs. N/A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Vs. N/A   Turbo Vs. N/A Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2008, 12:30 am

get the car on the road first, then keep it all motor for a bit, build it up, do other shit to it, and then when you think its ready and when the wallet is too then turbo it.
Back to top Go down
cuonger69
Rank 4
Rank 4
cuonger69

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Turbo Vs. N/A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Vs. N/A   Turbo Vs. N/A Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2008, 8:52 am

bchap wrote:
As I see it, it really will come down to how big your wallet is. To get the same numbers NA as you can with a good turbo setup it's gonna cost a heck of alot more money.

what he said.

go turbo and get a good tune.
Back to top Go down
Chizel
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 72
Vehicle : 04 SRT4
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Turbo Vs. N/A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Vs. N/A   Turbo Vs. N/A Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2008, 1:08 am

All depends what you want, but if you want raw power, its gotta be turbo'd. Just be prepared for a lot of tweaking and tuning. You can still though get decent power from N/A, and the reliability factor, but it ll depends on how fast you wanna go. Annother option is going N/A with a 50 to 75 shot of spray, its a lot cheaper than anything and if done properly will not harm your engine. Bang for the buck is definately spray, could put you at a mid 14 or so.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Turbo Vs. N/A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Vs. N/A   Turbo Vs. N/A Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2008, 2:17 pm

Turbo could put me even faster tho, and isnt spray expensive and well short lived
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Turbo Vs. N/A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Vs. N/A   Turbo Vs. N/A Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2008, 3:27 pm

I think he was saying if you were going to track the car, like at SIR. However, I believe you want it as your daily driver and if that is the case that probably isn't what you are looking for.

I am under the impression that you are looking for all the time horsepower in a daily driver correct?

So in that case you should sit down and figure out how much you want to spend. You can't really start building an all engine and then switch to a turbo set up, as some of the parts may not be compatible for the set up. To me I think it would take a lot of commitment to to an all engine but you could probably do it progressively. A turbo seems like it needs to all be done in one shot. However, if you do all engine be sure to follow it through or else you end up with the same set up as most people in that predicament, which would be a mildly tuned civic, and a pipe dream.

I would personally say turbo but you might have to prepare yourself for some frustration.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Sponsored content

Turbo Vs. N/A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Vs. N/A   Turbo Vs. N/A Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turbo Vs. N/A
Page 1 of 1