Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Hate The Stripe Shop

Go down 
+6
binjoau
Marshal
lu!$
Soup
Rogue
subbie
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

I Hate The Stripe Shop Empty
PostSubject: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 11:10 am

as you can see I hate the stripe shop. Last week i went into there place to book in a time to get my tail lights re-done today. I explained that i wanted the red re-done and black in between the red where it is now clear. The said it wouldnt be a problem and booked me in. I showed up there today and once again showed them a picture of what i want and tehy said it wouldnt be a problem. As soon as i get back to work they phone me and tell em they dont have red "tint". OH and after they ripped off my red tint that was already on there. I then asked "why did you tell me when i booked my car in and this morning you could do it red then" and they said I'm not sure. So now i have to buy another red tint pack from the states for $100.00 and then get them to install it. And i have to drive around with altezza lights....... Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

fml....
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rank 3
Rank 3
Rogue

Number of posts : 109
Vehicle : '95 180sx
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 11:17 am

That sucks,

on the topic of shops we hate...

(history) I went to Di's auto body paint and dent place (I think that's the full name) they did work for me on my sunroof a little under a year ago. The last owner had put a sunroof visor thing on my car and I thought it was gay so I took it off, well the rubber had rubbed away some paint so I booked it in to get it touched up.

Now to the present, the paint is peeling around the corners turns out they didn't take any of the rubber around my roof off when they painted so the rubber rubbed up their seams and is now causing it to peel up and look gross. So I took my car to them yesterday thinking that they would just take it in and re do the edges... nope they want to charge me another $200 to get the roof redone because of their mistake. I don't have a job right now so I'm not going to fork over $200 on cosmetics for my car. Plus why should I pay AGAIN for their shoty work?
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 11:17 am

do it in pink instead. Hot pink.
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 11:18 am

Oh Adam i hate when you get ripped off kuz your a good guy....
I dont get why you have to go buy a red tint when they should be buying it. You said they didnt have any so they will probably just get it and put it in your car. Now if you were supposed to buy it then i dont know.
You should get really mad and give them shit for wasting your time and taking time off work to drop off a car which they werent ready to work on.... You should get some sort of discount and say that this is extremely needed kuz your car was going to be ina show for the drifting and make them feel stupid...
I dont know how hard that could be but im sure you couldve done it at home
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 11:27 am

Rogue wrote:
That sucks,

(history) I went to Di's auto body paint and dent place (I think that's the full name) they did work for me on my sunroof a little under a year ago. The last owner had put a sunroof visor thing on my car and I thought it was gay so I took it off, well the rubber had rubbed away some paint so I booked it in to get it touched up.

Now to the present, the paint is peeling around the corners turns out they didn't take any of the rubber around my roof off when they painted so the rubber rubbed up their seams and is now causing it to peel up and look gross. So I took my car to them yesterday thinking that they would just take it in and re do the edges... nope they want to charge me another $200 to get the roof redone because of their mistake. I don't have a job right now so I'm not going to fork over $200 on cosmetics for my car. Plus why should I pay AGAIN for their shoty work?

Yeah about that.. taking cars back to get job redone kuz the first time they screwed up….
So after doing my rear disk conv all 4 wheels needed to be aligned so I took it to minute muffler to get it done. When I take it back I realized after while that the alligment in the back is waaaay off… I could even see it with my eyes. Then I took it back to get redone and when I go to pick it up they tried to charge me again. I was WTF…. Why are ou charging me for something you didn’t do right the first time. They were like “Oh so you had it done here last time?” I was like “yeah here is the receipt” and threw it on the desk…. They guy was like “oh well I remember this car now and btw it didn’t get done kuz your car is lower and the camber cant be adjusted”… BS I bought camber kit for it for that same reason…

Its always good to argue and fight for the money and time you spend on your car…. Never let anyone charge you for bad job done
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 11:33 am

lu!$ wrote:
Oh Adam i hate when you get ripped off kuz your a good guy....
I dont get why you have to go buy a red tint when they should be buying it. You said they didnt have any so they will probably just get it and put it in your car. Now if you were supposed to buy it then i dont know.
You should get really mad and give them shit for wasting your time and taking time off work to drop off a car which they werent ready to work on.... You should get some sort of discount and say that this is extremely needed kuz your car was going to be ina show for the drifting and make them feel stupid...
I dont know how hard that could be but im sure you couldve done it at home

its actually pretty hard considering the corners are almost like a 90 degree turn. I did them myself twice now and ya its really hard to do thats why i wanted stripe shop to do it. But apparently they dont know shit about there own shop....
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 12:59 pm

Rogue wrote:
That sucks,

unfortunately, every body shop will pull that on you.
They do it when they repaint an entire car too. They usually don't pull the gasket aroudn the windshield, or the trim up under the windows or door handles, they jsut sand up to it, and paint. But in as little as a month, the paint can start to peel around all those places. You've gotta pay the big bucks to get high quality:(
Back to top Go down
binjoau
Rank 3
Rank 3
binjoau

Number of posts : 201
Vehicle : 09WRX
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 4:37 pm

Woah, im sorry to hear you had such bad luck with them Adam, who did you deal with there? Mine is going there on the 2nd of Oct to have the rear lights tinted black. Should get rid of that horrible ebay style silver lights.

Are they giving you some kind of discount now???
Also what are you paying them if you dont mind me asking??
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 4:51 pm

binjoau wrote:
Woah, im sorry to hear you had such bad luck with them Adam, who did you deal with there? Mine is going there on the 2nd of Oct to have the rear lights tinted black. Should get rid of that horrible ebay style silver lights.

it was going to be $150 to get it done but i just spent $100 getting some new red so they better not charge me anything over $50 to put a couple pieces of black on and to put the red on for me
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 4:53 pm

WReX wrote:
binjoau wrote:

it was going to be $150 to get it done but i just spent $100 getting some new red so they better not charge me anything over $50 to put a couple pieces of black on and to put the red on for me

I'll do it for some beer.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 5:06 pm

Soup wrote:
WReX wrote:
binjoau wrote:

I'll do it for some beer.

lol i bet you would, but its pretty tuff to cover the corner lights or else i would do it myself
Back to top Go down
binjoau
Rank 3
Rank 3
binjoau

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 5:10 pm

quote]

lol i bet you would, but its pretty tuff to cover the corner lights or else i would do it myself[/quote]

The only reason i dont want to do mine!!!!
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 5:12 pm

binjoau wrote:
Quote :

lol i bet you would, but its pretty tuff to cover the corner lights or else i would do it myself

ya the inner lights are super easy but i dunno. I want them done good this time and with some black so i dont have to worry about it bubbling or falling apart
Back to top Go down
binjoau
Rank 3
Rank 3
binjoau

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 5:19 pm

WReX wrote:
binjoau wrote:
Quote :

ya the inner lights are super easy but i dunno. I want them done good this time and with some black so i dont have to worry about it bubbling or falling apart

yeah im of the same opinion, I want it to last! I cant wait it will make my car look way more stealthy. How come you decided on black and red this time?
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 5:24 pm

because it will look good on my car lol

I Hate The Stripe Shop ?ui=2&ik=18cf090c89&view=att&th=1239b9a71bf3fc44&attid=0
Back to top Go down
binjoau
Rank 3
Rank 3
binjoau

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 7:06 pm

WReX wrote:
because it will look good on my car lol

I Hate The Stripe Shop ?ui=2&ik=18cf090c89&view=att&th=1239b9a71bf3fc44&attid=0

um fair point lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JHMED
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Vehicle : 88 ED8
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 7:18 pm

I always thought tinting lights was against the law? I guess not.
What are the laws for Sask as far as tinting lights and such...
I even feel bad for you Adam. It reminded me of my run-in with Ziebart and their command start installation service...
Back to top Go down
duggyb
Rank 5
Rank 5
duggyb

Number of posts : 680
Vehicle : 09' Mustang GT & 94' Nissan Silvia
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 8:13 pm

tinting lights is illegal in Saskatchewan and you can get a ticket for it....but its the same thing as window tint, just don't get stupid with it and the cops will leave you alone.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2009, 8:30 am

and im tinting 85% of my lights red, so it almost looks stock like it was suppose to be that way. I use to have them blacked right out, looked ok, and i never got bothered by the cops...

I Hate The Stripe Shop N5053910

sorry fo the shitty quality of pic, lol
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2009, 10:08 am

WReX wrote:
and im tinting 85% of my lights red, so it almost looks stock like it was suppose to be that way. I use to have them blacked right out, looked ok, and i never got bothered by the cops...

Your car never shot flames then though...
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2009, 10:13 am

lol nope sure did not
Back to top Go down
binjoau
Rank 3
Rank 3
binjoau

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2009, 3:47 pm

Marshal. wrote:
WReX wrote:

Your car never shot flames then though...

It looks hot like that!

im just hoping mine come out okay!
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2009, 4:03 pm

red looks better
Back to top Go down
Jex
Rank 6
Rank 6
Jex

Number of posts : 921
Vehicle : Toaster
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2009, 6:27 pm

black his gaysauce lol
and dont diss my possible future place of employment
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2009, 6:35 pm

why dont you get them painted adam ? it will last forever and im not joking
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Hate The Stripe Shop   I Hate The Stripe Shop Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Hate The Stripe Shop
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: General-
Jump to: