Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New school old school ??????

Go down 
+13
Zilla
Thai-kun
Moneypits
jdm_itr
taylorvw
kyles_r32
raboyto2
binjoau
greddy_1700
Marshal
240sxy
Black
saskman123
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
saskman123
Rank 1
Rank 1
saskman123

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-22

New school old school ?????? Empty
PostSubject: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 1:03 pm

I was taking a rip up by ring road the other night and heard what sounded like a skyline hitting the ring and it was hauling ass, sounded pretty mean, i wanted to know are people against new school cars or is it fair game no matter what you drive ??? i mean i drive a focus and until i turbo it next summer im driving a family car lol i laugh at myself for this fact, i wanted to know peoples opinion on this ??? i believe if you have a passion for cars it does not matter what you drive, i gotta admit a skyline from japan would be nice on my driveway but an 09 skyline would be nice to so is there a difference ??? just wanted to say props to the crew on here you all seem like a good bunch and i just wanna cruise !!!!!!!!!!!

T
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 1:07 pm

Come to the meet tomorrow, introduce yourself. If you want to cruise then tomorrows the day to do it.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 1:53 pm

no such thing as an 09 skyline.

welcome to qca...
Back to top Go down
saskman123
Rank 1
Rank 1
saskman123

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 2:42 pm

lol 08 my bad, but you get my point, i was thinking of bringing my vid cam or slr tomorrow, if peeps are cruising would make for some good shots to show the guys back home, i came out to one of the drift meets and there are some pretty good skills must be all the side ways snow action in the crazy winters lol
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 3:09 pm

saskman123 wrote:
lol 08 my bad, but you get my point, i was thinking of bringing my vid cam or slr tomorrow, if peeps are cruising would make for some good shots to show the guys back home, i came out to one of the drift meets and there are some pretty good skills must be all the side ways snow action in the crazy winters lol

240sxy was implying that the new 08-09 GTR was never branded with a skyline badge.
That way they can still attract the fanboys by calling it a GTR, but they can't offend skyline/RB straight six purists who think skylines should only come with a inline 6.
Back to top Go down
greddy_1700
Rank 5
Rank 5
greddy_1700

Number of posts : 654
Vehicle : 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 3:50 pm

Marshal wrote:
That way they can still attract the fanboys by calling it a GTR, but they can't offend skyline/RB straight six purists who think skylines should only come with a inline 6.

Are you telling me that you disagree!?!?! Marshall... we are two very different people...
Back to top Go down
binjoau
Rank 3
Rank 3
binjoau

Number of posts : 201
Vehicle : 09WRX
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 4:44 pm

skyline, GTR. whatever you call it, its a monster of a car. Anyone seen the Top Gear video of Jeremy Clarkson driving it?? At one point he pulls so much G-force in a turn he puts his neck out and has to be taken away in an ambulance!!!
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 5:14 pm

greddy_1700 wrote:
Marshal wrote:

Are you telling me that you disagree!?!?! Marshall... we are two very different people...

answer my pm
Back to top Go down
saskman123
Rank 1
Rank 1
saskman123

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 5:20 pm

O cool learnt something new today, i love the straight six roar i gotta admit, the old r33 is so hot and goes like stink, even an r32 frame is rated to upto 1000hp stock thats pretty f ing cool, so is this meet guna be big tomorrow ? i know a few peeps going, is there a set route to cruise ?
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 5:40 pm

saskman123 wrote:
O cool learnt something new today, i love the straight six roar i gotta admit, the old r33 is so hot and goes like stink, even an r32 frame is rated to upto 1000hp stock thats pretty f ing cool, so is this meet guna be big tomorrow ? i know a few peeps going, is there a set route to cruise ?

... marshal im keeping my mouth closed to let you sleep at night.
Back to top Go down
kyles_r32
Rank 4
Rank 4
kyles_r32

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 6:04 pm

The new gtr was dyno in import tuner mag and it made 350ft-lbs at 2,200rpm...i think thats pretty intense.
Back to top Go down
taylorvw
Rank 8
Rank 8
taylorvw

Number of posts : 1554
Vehicle : ce9a

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 6:29 pm

so has anyone seen the gunmetal Gtr (r35) around town it was here a couple nights ago me and cam pulled up beside it on albert. damn do they sound amazing.
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 6:32 pm

saskman123 wrote:
Adrian go easy on him eh?
Back to top Go down
taylorvw
Rank 8
Rank 8
taylorvw

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 6:37 pm

BLACK wrote:
saskman123 wrote:
Adrian go easy on him eh?
haha holly shit.. canadian ef congrats your spot has been taken!
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 6:53 pm

I've seen the new GTR driving around town, I actually saw it on the service road that runs north, along side the #1 highway about 3 weeks ago now. It was ripping on there then.
I just hope the driver knew about the massive pot hole at the end of that road....

Garret, I don't know what you're talking about haha.
I mean, if I had to own a GTR, it would be a R34 Spec-V in that fancy blue. It was my favorite car on Gran Turismo:)

Last edited by Marshal on August 22nd 2009, 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 6:58 pm

Marshal wrote:
I've seen the new GTR driving around town, I actually saw it on the service road that runs north, along side the #1 highway about 3 weeks ago now. It was ripping on there then.
I just hope the driver knew about the massive pot hole at the end of that road....
isnt it the same one from toon town ?
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 7:01 pm

jdm_itr wrote:
Marshal wrote:

No its not, its from alberta
Back to top Go down
Thai-kun
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 810
Vehicle : 2000 Honda S2000 [AP1]
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 7:02 pm

Marshal wrote:

I mean, if I had to own a GTR, it would be a R34 Spec-V in that fancy blue. It was my favorite car on Gran Turismo:)

x2, the only way it can possibly be more awesome is if it were the R-tune.

New school old school ?????? Nismo_gtrR
Back to top Go down
Zilla
Rank 2
Rank 2

Number of posts : 92
Vehicle : skyline
Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 7:12 pm

saskman123 wrote:

fuck me sideways!! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 7:46 pm

Moneypits wrote:
jdm_itr wrote:
Marshal wrote:

No its not, its from alberta

oh, the one I saw had Sask plates on it. looks like silver is a popular colour
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 7:47 pm

Thai-kun wrote:
Marshal wrote:

x2, the only way it can possibly be more awesome is if it were the R-tune.

New school old school ?????? Nismo_gtrR

YES!
I was the only car I could keep on the road. I always did every mod to it, then went out and drove it.
itwas the only car I could ever keep on the road, every RWD car always jsut spun out or eversteered.
I was like 12, so take it easy
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 8:45 pm

Yo be back on topic. Old cars and new cars and in between cars are all the same to me... just depends on the type of car. I really only care for Japanese cars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
toddler
Rank 5
Rank 5
toddler

Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 9:04 pm

who ever you talk to will have their own opinion on cars. everyone has a preference of what they like. as much as people hated my old car I still enjoyed it (not telling you what I had everyone already beaks me for it haha) not saying I would buy it again. i was proud of the time and effort I put into it... as long as your happy with the car it's all that matters in my opinion... take pride in your ride i always say weather it's a piece of sh*# cavalier or a brand new gt-r haha
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 11:38 pm

toddler wrote:
I was proud of the time and effort I put into it... as long as your happy with the car it's all that matters in my opinion... take pride in your ride i always say weather it's a piece of sh*# cavalier or a brand new gt-r haha

I wish more people would think this way
Back to top Go down
taylorvw
Rank 8
Rank 8
taylorvw

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2009, 1:41 am

toddler wrote:
I was proud of the time and effort I put into it... as long as your happy with the car it's all that matters in my opinion... take pride in your ride i always say weather it's a piece of sh*# cavalier or a brand new gt-r haha

Sounds like some famous quote, but very well said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New school old school ??????   New school old school ?????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New school old school ??????
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next