Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question for the drifters

Go down 
+9
Oldbugger
subbie
corey
_....
Jex
1eightySX
240sxy
Jhall
Soup
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jex
Rank 6
Rank 6
Jex

Number of posts : 921
Vehicle : Toaster
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Question for the drifters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for the drifters   Question for the drifters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2009, 2:35 am

jordan and i went to the meeting, and they pretty much all beaked drifting and if we dont get more drivers i dont see it surviving so step up people, tampax can only sponsor you for so long until you gotta move on to places like sears, and hit the track. (metaphores people; be absorbed by them)
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drifters   Question for the drifters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2009, 10:57 am

"well im not not saying i was the best drifter but i placed like top 10 in every event" hahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Oldbugger
Rank 1
Rank 1

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drifters   Question for the drifters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2009, 7:04 pm

Jex wrote:
jordan and i went to the meeting, and they pretty much all beaked drifting and if we dont get more drivers i dont see it surviving so step up people, tampax can only sponsor you for so long until you gotta move on to places like sears, and hit the track. (metaphores people; be absorbed by them)

I must have been to a different meeting then... Neutral The club was being very cautious to move further with drift practices and comps if the competitor support isn't there. If by making sure we don't loose our shirt on unused track rental and insurance costs you mean beaking then so be it... Understand that there are people in the club that are as supportive of a drift event as some drift competitors are of a rallyX or TSD - different strokes and expect a difference of opinion.

I applaude both you and Jordan for taking the time to come and put in a voice for the drifting "community". I sincerely hope that things turn around and you all can finish out the season. From the threads Ryan has put up on various message boards and the response thus far I don't think it will be a problem
Back to top Go down
Fiorante
Rank 7
Rank 7
Fiorante

Number of posts : 1234
Vehicle : frankenstien'd skyline
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drifters   Question for the drifters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2009, 7:11 pm

ill be there.
Back to top Go down
kyles_r32
Rank 4
Rank 4
kyles_r32

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drifters   Question for the drifters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2009, 7:35 pm

well id come out just waiting on some coilovers @
Back to top Go down
Fiorante
Rank 7
Rank 7
Fiorante

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drifters   Question for the drifters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2009, 7:46 pm

kyles_r32 wrote:

come out anyways, youll get a better feel for your car, and you wont have to worry about going off course and getting hung up.

i drift on lowering springs.. its not pretty, but it works.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drifters   Question for the drifters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2009, 7:48 pm

I drifted with 100hp and stock suspension, a ton of body roll, and a roof rack.
All excuses are invalid from this point on.

Ok, I didn;t realyl drift, but it slid around and I *tried* to drift it.
Back to top Go down
kyles_r32
Rank 4
Rank 4
kyles_r32

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drifters   Question for the drifters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2009, 7:55 pm

yeah im thinking the body roll will be a big factor but w/e they should be in by next wensday so yeah ill come out ill be a little late dont get off work till 5.
Back to top Go down
JSharp
Rank 8
Rank 8
JSharp

Number of posts : 1577
Vehicle : 2002 Yamaha R1, 2003 Nissan 350z, 2005 Yamaha R6
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drifters   Question for the drifters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2009, 8:02 pm

Marshal wrote:
I drifted with 100hp and stock suspension, a ton of body roll, and a roof rack.
All excuses are invalid from this point on.

Ok, I didn;t realyl drift, but it slid around and I *tried* to drift it.

u had lowering springs didnt u
Back to top Go down
Fiorante
Rank 7
Rank 7
Fiorante

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drifters   Question for the drifters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2009, 8:28 pm

kyles_r32 wrote:
yeah im thinking the body roll will be a big factor but w/e they should be in by next wensday so yeah ill come out ill be a little late dont get off work till 5.

the body roll will help.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drifters   Question for the drifters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2009, 9:37 pm

sorry, yes, and a larger front and rear sway bar, but that didn't help ATALL!
coils will help the car get sideways, as you wont have any weight transfer, BUT, skylines have power, which also helps drift...
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drifters   Question for the drifters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2009, 2:33 am

kyles_r32 wrote:

I drift on stock skyline suspension. No excuses
Back to top Go down
Jex
Rank 6
Rank 6
Jex

Number of posts : 921
Vehicle : Toaster
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drifters   Question for the drifters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2009, 5:52 pm

Oldbugger wrote:
Jex wrote:

I must have been to a different meeting then... Neutral The club was being very cautious to move further with drift practices and comps if the competitor support isn't there. If by making sure we don't loose our shirt on unused track rental and insurance costs you mean beaking then so be it... Understand that there are people in the club that are as supportive of a drift event as some drift competitors are of a rallyX or TSD - different strokes and expect a difference of opinion.

I applaude both you and Jordan for taking the time to come and put in a voice for the drifting "community". I sincerely hope that things turn around and you all can finish out the season. From the threads Ryan has put up on various message boards and the response thus far I don't think it will be a problem
i kinda worded that it harshly it was just the people who dont participate in it think its dumb lol especially time attack enthusiasts since all we do is stylize corners for no purpose other than fun. i understand it, but the vibe towards drifting wasnt positive in my eyes
p.s.
CUM WATCH ME DESTROY SOUPS BUMPAR ON FRIDAY LOLZ.
jk ill put my own on soup
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drifters   Question for the drifters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2009, 6:59 pm

haha go for it, then i'll get you to sign the damage, zip stich it up, and i'll rock it and feel special
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drifters   Question for the drifters - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question for the drifters
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2