Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Global Event

Go down 
+13
Jex
Black
Jhall
veedub
laynehip
1eightySX
Fiorante
Noops
JYB116
Clint Eastwood
Piett
Rob
DOOLHA
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Global Event - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Event   Global Event - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2009, 1:57 am

oh, and this bullshit about "it proves there is no god".

how? because a book that was written like a fictional novel suggests we might be around 4000years old? the bible is a book that should be followed as an example. it doesnt have tell us where we came from. Look at it as a kids story book. Of course we dont believe that those stories happened, but you cant tell me you learnt NOTHING from your childhood story books, or that they dont set a good example for little tykes.

I dont understand why people cant believe that we evolved from monkeys , that there is a god and that the bible is just a great story with something that we can all learn from?

(and i dont even know if believe in god. im on the fence. i do believe there is a higher power then us, but its just all to confusing to actually know what the fuck is going on. either way, i dont like how Christianity is like a big giant cult with open doors and how its been corrupt threw out history. i do and dont agree with it, same goes for the bible. lots of bullshit in there, but also lots of good stuff. )

This monkey means nothing to me. not an event. goodnight
Back to top Go down
cuonger69
Rank 4
Rank 4
cuonger69

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Global Event   Global Event - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2009, 8:13 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/16/science/16fossil.html?_r=4&ref=world

Sleep

Quote :
Fossil remains of a 47-million-year-old animal, found years ago in Germany, have been analyzed more thoroughly and determined to be an extremely early primate close to the emergence of the evolutionary branch leading to monkeys, apes and humans, scientists said in interviews this week.

Described as the “most complete fossil primate ever discovered,” the specimen is a juvenile female the size of a small monkey. Only the left lower limb is missing, and the preservation is so remarkable that impressions of fur and the soft body outline are still clear. The animal’s last meal, of fruit and leaves, remained in the stomach cavity.

In an article to be published on Tuesday in PLoS One, an online scientific journal, an international team of scientists will report that this extraordinary fossil could be a “stem group” from which higher primates evolved, “but we are not advocating this.”

The researchers said the specimen, designated Darwinius masillae, “is important in being exceptionally well preserved and providing a much more complete understanding of the paleobiology” of a primate from the Eocene period, a time when primitive primates were starting to branch into two lineages, the prosimians and the anthropoids.

As part of a heavily promoted publicity campaign, the skeleton will be displayed at a news conference on Tuesday at the American Museum of Natural History in New York; the History Channel plans a documentary on the primate at 9 p.m. on May 25; and Little Brown is bringing out a book. The Wall Street Journal published an article on Friday giving some scientific details of the discovery.

The specimen was excavated by private collectors in 1983 from the Messel Shale Pit, a shale quarry near Darmstadt, Germany, that has yielded many fossils of Eocene life, including other primitive primates.

Jörn H. Hurum, a paleontologist at the University of Oslo and a leader of the research, said the site was “one of the real treasure troves of paleontology, like the Gobi Desert for dinosaurs.”

The skeleton was divided and sold in two parts, one of which had dropped out of sight. When Dr. Hurum learned that the missing part was for sale, he arranged for its purchase by the Natural History Museum in Oslo and two years ago rounded up a team of German and American scientists to study the bones with CT imaging and other advanced technologies.

Speaking by telephone from Norway, Dr. Hurum recalled: “I realized at first it’s a primate. It just screams primate: opposable big toes and thumbs, no evidence of claws. This is like the Archaeopteryx of primate evolution.”

The scientists estimated that the primate was about 9 months old, the equivalent of a 6-year-old human. At maturity they suggest that it would have weighed two pounds and been two feet long, most of it tail. It had a broken left wrist, healing at the time of death, and may have drowned in the volcanic lake at Messel. It was, the researchers said, something like a combination “lemur monkey.”

Philip D. Gingerich, a member of the team who is a paleontologist of Eocene life at the University of Michigan, said in an e-mail message that in the context of other fossil finds and DNA studies the primate should be considered for a place in the ancestral line leading to living higher primates, including apes and humans.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Global Event   Global Event - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2009, 10:30 am

Politics and religion.... people, come on.

Just as a side I think it is important to mention that not all Christian's are evolutionists. In fact there are doctrines of within Christianity that fully support evolution. However, I think what happens is that a bunch of extremists from the Christian right give all of Christianity a bad name.

Much in the same way that a small portion of Muslim extremists seem to represent an entire religion in the media and help build negative stereotypes that are categorically untrue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Global Event   Global Event - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2009, 11:52 am

Jhall wrote:
That doesn't mean you know the bible lol i went to public school and learned math and science doesn't mean im an accountant or a biologist. Im not a big religion guy, but by bashing creationists your doing the same that they do to evolutionists... push there beliefs.
i was not trying to bash the bible or say christianity is the root to all evil
i was just saying creationists are retards
Global Event - Page 2 Creationists
Global Event - Page 2 CreationismProof
Global Event - Page 2 Creationism-1sml
Global Event - Page 2 Barney-and-rex
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Global Event   Global Event - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2009, 11:59 am

haha fuckin eh

as propagandhi says "Fuck Religion"

if you wanna believe in it fine but dont fuckin tell me about it or try to convert me

and if you dont believe in it than just assume your right and ignore them
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: Global Event   Global Event - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2009, 12:23 pm

Moneypits wrote:
haha fuckin eh

as propagandhi says "Fuck Religion"

if you wanna believe in it fine but dont fuckin tell me about it or try to convert me

and if you dont believe in it than just assume your right and ignore them

ha but my dislike for creationists have nothing to do with religion!
i look at creationists the same way i look at flat earthists (people who believe the earth is flat)
there is all this evidence that says otherwise but they choose to believe myths/fairytales/stories
which is fine they believe whatever they want to believe
but i also get to believe its stupid
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Global Event   Global Event - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2009, 5:21 pm

i know this is kinda off topic-ish but still...does anyone believe in that 2012 shit??? I think its kinda creepy but still i'm skeptical about the whole thing...
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

PostSubject: Re: Global Event   Global Event - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2009, 5:31 pm

WReX wrote:
i know this is kinda off topic-ish but still...does anyone believe in that 2012 shit??? I think its kinda creepy but still i'm skeptical about the whole thing...
i dont know what to think
however i believe it in enough that im not getting my last 2 teeth pulled until i see if the world ends
because if i got them pulled then the world ended 2 years later i would be pissed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Global Event   Global Event - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Global Event
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2