Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exhaust Choice Thread

Go down 
+9
doom26464
subbie
JYB116
dev
taylorvw
1eightySX
jdm_itr
slow
Moneypits
13 posters

Which exhaust should i purchase
Apexi N1
Exhaust Choice Thread Vote_lcap29%Exhaust Choice Thread Vote_rcap
 29% [ 6 ]
5Zigen A Spec
Exhaust Choice Thread Vote_lcap5%Exhaust Choice Thread Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Skunk2 Mega power
Exhaust Choice Thread Vote_lcap19%Exhaust Choice Thread Vote_rcap
 19% [ 4 ]
BuddyClub Pro Spec
Exhaust Choice Thread Vote_lcap5%Exhaust Choice Thread Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
HKS Hi Power
Exhaust Choice Thread Vote_lcap38%Exhaust Choice Thread Vote_rcap
 38% [ 8 ]
Invidia N1
Exhaust Choice Thread Vote_lcap4%Exhaust Choice Thread Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

Number of posts : 1871
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Exhaust Choice Thread Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust Choice Thread   Exhaust Choice Thread Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 4:37 pm

Just asking for some input as to which exhaust i should look further into

Ill be running it off my turbo b18b setup (downpipe yet to be decided) and was wondering peoples opnions on any exhausts mentioned or others and if anyones owned one how the quality is i assume theyll be pretty top notch but just wondering.

Was looking around the 2.5 inch pipe diameter range

any advice is welcome
Back to top Go down
slow
Rank 3
Rank 3
slow

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Choice Thread   Exhaust Choice Thread Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 4:44 pm

of the choices you've listed, I would only buy either the apexi or the hks exhaust

since I prefer hks, its the one i'd go with (longer racing history and overall better reputation...also not bankrupt in japan!)
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Choice Thread   Exhaust Choice Thread Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 4:51 pm

hey i would look in to t 1 racing (t1r) exhaust thats whats on my type r and it sounds fucking great but its all u to the owner for choice in sound
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Choice Thread   Exhaust Choice Thread Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 4:52 pm

I have HKS so how could i recommend anything else
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
taylorvw
Rank 8
Rank 8
taylorvw

Number of posts : 1554
Vehicle : ce9a
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Choice Thread   Exhaust Choice Thread Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 5:09 pm

blitz nurspec? sound amazing.. out of your choices hit up the HKS all i read from them is good. High quality, align perfect sound amazing.
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Choice Thread   Exhaust Choice Thread Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 5:36 pm

N1 has also had a pretty sweet sound and great look.
Back to top Go down
JYB116
Rank 8
Rank 8
JYB116

Number of posts : 1788
Vehicle : Nissan skyline gtr
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Choice Thread   Exhaust Choice Thread Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 6:41 pm

run a ebay exhaust
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Choice Thread   Exhaust Choice Thread Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 7:12 pm

go to youtube and hear some sound clips of the different exhaust's and then make your decision
Back to top Go down
doom26464
Rank 4
Rank 4
doom26464

Number of posts : 411
Vehicle : MR-2 GT, Civic SiR
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Choice Thread   Exhaust Choice Thread Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 9:25 pm

Im going to take a random stab ,since You never said what kind of car this is for, and guess its for some sort of honda by the exhaust brands you listed. Since these are all exhaust manly desgined for a non-turbo setup I would considered looking into thermal R&D they make some nice 3 inch systems specifcly for boosted hondas.

if not I love the sound of the invidia n1 exhaust and the style but thats just me. Performance wise I would say buddy club or possibly apexi.

Last edited by doom26464 on January 12th 2009, 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Choice Thread   Exhaust Choice Thread Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 9:44 pm

1eightySX wrote:
I have HKS so how could i recommend anything else
Why don't you recommend Volcom as I would recommend Hello Kitty? Oh yeah, the Blitz sounds hot, but I would go with HKS too.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Choice Thread   Exhaust Choice Thread Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 9:55 pm

I checked blitz's site but couldnt find the nurspec for a civic, seems everyone is leaning towards the HKS, i must say ive checked some videos and it does sound really good compared to the others ive listed probably the best. Only hope my finances allow it
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Choice Thread   Exhaust Choice Thread Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 10:16 pm

Talk to Golks he got me mine for a sweet deal.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Choice Thread   Exhaust Choice Thread Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 10:18 pm

1eightySX wrote:
Talk to Golks he got me mine for a sweet deal.

hm i will talk to him i dunno if hell beat the quote i found but ill definatly talk to him id rather give business to locals
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Choice Thread   Exhaust Choice Thread Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 10:27 pm

I got mine for cheap, but the dollar was better when I got it.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Choice Thread   Exhaust Choice Thread Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 10:33 pm

doom26464 wrote:
Im going to take a random stab ,since You never said what kind of car this is for, and guess its for some sort of honda by the exhaust brands you listed. Since these are all exhasut manly desgined for a non-turbo setup I would considered looking into thermal R&D they make some nice 3 inch systems specifcly for boosted hondas.

if not I love the sound of the invidia n1 exhaust and the style but thats just me. Performance wise I would say buddy club or possibly apexi.

you should listen to this..

it makes perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Choice Thread   Exhaust Choice Thread Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 3:29 am

ok, so wait, do you not already have some sort of free-flowing exhuast? Itsn't it 2.5 inch already?(or atleast around there)
I think you should just go to minute muffler,and get your existing exhaust maked up to a downpie (that you would have to buy, becasue they will not touch anything straight off the turbo), or just get them to make you a large diameter exhaust with either a straight-through muffler, or straight pipe.
This route will be cheaper in the long run, and you are NEVER going to notice the difference between crush-bent and a mandrel-bend exhaust on your setup, and many will argue that there is very little difference at all(all with several factual referances)
You can probably get a full exhaust made up for under $500-$600.
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Choice Thread   Exhaust Choice Thread Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 9:51 am

i think you should keep rockin the custom bent D.P you have now lol It took gallagher and i quite a while to hammer it so it would fit properly...
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Choice Thread   Exhaust Choice Thread Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 10:20 am

Marshal wrote:
ok, so wait, do you not already have some sort of free-flowing exhuast? Itsn't it 2.5 inch already?(or atleast around there)
I think you should just go to minute muffler,and get your existing exhaust maked up to a downpie (that you would have to buy, becasue they will not touch anything straight off the turbo), or just get them to make you a large diameter exhaust with either a straight-through muffler, or straight pipe.
This route will be cheaper in the long run, and you are NEVER going to notice the difference between crush-bent and a mandrel-bend exhaust on your setup, and many will argue that there is very little difference at all(all with several factual referances)
You can probably get a full exhaust made up for under $500-$600.

My exhaust is to small its only 2.25 inch or 2 inch i believe havent looked at it in a while, so i cant use my existing exhaust,
500-600$ canadian i can or just about get any of those exhausts previously mentioned so i mean i have nothing against minute muffler exhausts but if i can buy quality i might as well, if it was significantly cheaper to have one made i would more than likely look into that
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Choice Thread   Exhaust Choice Thread Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 11:24 am

minute muffler made a exhaust system for me a couple years ago for $200.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Choice Thread   Exhaust Choice Thread Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 12:04 pm

for my dual catback on my white car(2 pipes, 2 reasonators, and labour) it only came to $370. So thats basically a full exhaust there if you only did one pipe.
Back to top Go down
Moneypits
Rank 8
Rank 8

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Choice Thread   Exhaust Choice Thread Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2009, 5:19 pm

Update

Well i did some much needed research and found i cant use the HKS, although everyones apparent favorite for my year of civic its only offered in 55mm piping which is about 2" i cant go any smaller than 2.5

The apexi N1 i can use cause its 60mm or roughly 2.5inch piping
same with the Invidia N1

the skunk 2 70mm is another option
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Choice Thread   Exhaust Choice Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exhaust Choice Thread
Page 1 of 1