Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

sports car olympics : civic

Go down 
+4
SteveK
Maniac
corey
raboyto2
8 posters
AuthorMessage
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

sports car olympics : civic Empty
PostSubject: sports car olympics : civic   sports car olympics : civic Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2008, 2:35 am

so first day of SCO is finished.

heres some pictures of the civic in action.

rally X (at siast):
sports car olympics : civic IMG_0571
sports car olympics : civic IMG_0575
sports car olympics : civic IMG_0581
sports car olympics : civic IMG_0588

right before the rally (300kms for the hole rally, out by indian head)
sports car olympics : civic IMG_0611

more pictures here. : https://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z202/FatBastardRacing/SCO_2008_Oct_11_2008/

civic is holding up like a tank. Nooo idea how we are standing in the ranks.

All i have to say about the Rally (the 300km one, not the rallyx at siast) is wow.... holy fuck was scared for my life. that was the most intense shit i have ever done, im already pumped for next year.

sooo... some blonde lady (mid - late 30's) came with her BRANK NEW EVO (3 weeks old, 400kms on the odo) and raced in the rally.

sports car olympics : civic IMG_0614

and she did not go easy on it.... we were going XXX on the gravel roads, and she was right on our ass. i think thats pretty sweet.

** im not gonna post our speed as this was a "on pubic roads @ legal speeds" event.

one more event at 3 Flags (lumsden) with 10-15cm of snow.... we had enough trouble with our ball tires at the rally, i cant see us doing to well in the snow.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: sports car olympics : civic   sports car olympics : civic Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2008, 2:53 am

Oh god this looks amazing! This is the most motivational thing ever for people to attend events, now I am looking forward to when my car actually moves even a little more!
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: sports car olympics : civic   sports car olympics : civic Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2008, 1:21 pm

I am so wanting to do the rally next year. That settles it I'm buying my coilovers not kpro in 2 weeks. Anybody heard anything about buddy club racing spec
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=32&products_id=205
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: sports car olympics : civic   sports car olympics : civic Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2008, 3:50 pm

i wouldnt suggest taking a car you really care about .... im shocked the civic is still moving. (if you managed to NOT make any mistakes, the abuse on the car would probably be much much lower. we fucked up alot cheers . The course was 70% gravel, 25% dirt and 3% grass and 2%
other.

I went out last night, so unfortunatly i slept in this morning till about 10:15am. (was suppose to be there at 8am) .

as i drove up i was up for my second run, got out there and drove it as best i could while the engien was ice cold and i had someone telling me where to turn (didnt know the track layout). On my third run i missed a turn so DNF. At least it didnt snow and i got a run in. Got to beat the crap out of it during the fun runs.... its the last time it will see try pavement till next year.

I got a time down today, so i finished the entire Sports Car Olympics. It was awesome. You guys REALLY need to come out to a few events next year and try and participate in the the SCO.
Back to top Go down
SteveK
Rank 5
Rank 5
SteveK

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: sports car olympics : civic   sports car olympics : civic Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2008, 3:58 pm

raboyto2 wrote:
i wouldnt suggest taking a car you really care about .... im shocked the civic is still moving. (if you managed to NOT make any mistakes, the abuse on the car would probably be much much lower. we fucked up alot cheers . The course was 70% gravel, 25% dirt and 3% grass and 2%
other.

I went out last night, so unfortunatly i slept in this morning till about 10:15am. (was suppose to be there at 8am) .

as i drove up i was up for my second run, got out there and drove it as best i could while the engien was ice cold and i had someone telling me where to turn (didnt know the track layout). On my third run i missed a turn so DNF. At least it didnt snow and i got a run in. Got to beat the crap out of it during the fun runs.... its the last time it will see try pavement till next year.

I got a time down today, so i finished the entire Sports Car Olympics. It was awesome. You guys REALLY need to come out to a few events next year and try and participate in the the SCO.

x2
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: sports car olympics : civic   sports car olympics : civic Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2008, 3:59 pm

If your civic is not street legal how did you compete in the rally? I thought because it was on public roads it needed to be legal?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: sports car olympics : civic   sports car olympics : civic Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2008, 4:10 pm

so did you get the number of the number of the chick with the new evo?

Haha, just kidding. But seriously, did you?
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: sports car olympics : civic   sports car olympics : civic Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2008, 12:29 am

Well sticky tires and rims and brake pads are my winter shoppinglist. Work emotion CR KAI straight ballin son.
Back to top Go down
greddy_1700
Rank 5
Rank 5
greddy_1700

Number of posts : 654
Vehicle : 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: sports car olympics : civic   sports car olympics : civic Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2008, 8:27 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:
If your civic is not street legal how did you compete in the rally? I thought because it was on public roads it needed to be legal?

Perhaps a Permit? rendeer
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: sports car olympics : civic   sports car olympics : civic Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2008, 8:07 pm

I test drove that white EVO in July!!! The Car pulls hard!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sports car olympics : civic   sports car olympics : civic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sports car olympics : civic
Page 1 of 1