Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Civic Build.

Go down 
+4
phoez
Clint Eastwood
Thai-kun
abs0Lut
8 posters
AuthorMessage
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

Civic Build. Empty
PostSubject: Civic Build.   Civic Build. Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2009, 11:38 pm

Since I am not "Currently Working On" this project yet due to the lack of money and time(in school in moosejaw) I posted it in the general section instead of the build/diy section.

Let me know what you think of this parts list. Anything you would change and why? Also if I am missing anything for the H22A swap let me know!

KSport Coilovers - $830.21 - Ebay
Blox LCA's - $110.00 - Weksos
ASR Subframe brace/24mm sway bar - $450.00 - Weksos
Skunk2 Camber Kit - $264.00 - Weksos
Password JDM front strut tower bar - $169.00 - Weksos
Password JDM rear strut tower bar - $149.99 - Weksos

MOMO TUNER - SHORT HUB - QUICK RELEASE steering wheel/hub combo - 320.00 - weksos
Sparco Grip pedal set - $65.00 - Weksos

H22A, LSD Tranny, jdm ECU (P13), jdm Wiring harness OBD1, Distributor, Exhaust Manifold, Intake Manifold, Injectors
Starter, Alternator, Power Steering Pump, Half Shaft/Intermediate Shaft, Fuel Rail, Throttle Body, Down Pipe - 2350.00 USD - Japan Motor Import
Skunk2 Intake Mani - $404.40 - Weksos
hondata intake mani gasket - $50.00 - Weksos
Skunk2 66mm(fit mani) Throttle body - $333.60 - Weksos
Innovative mounts, H22a to Civic - $363.56 - Weksos
Greddy Exhaust Mani w/gasket - $391.20 - http://www.raceinspired.com/p-13821-greddy-exhaust-header-4-2-1-honda-prelude-si-22l-1992-1996.aspx

Bronze Enkei RPF1's 15x7 4x100(eventually powder coated white mmmm..) - $785.62 - Ebay
Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 205/50R15 - $472.00 - Tire Rack

Wilwood 4 Pistion FRONT Brake Kit - $816.42 - wilwood.com

Total so far: $8425. I know I will be able to find stuff for cheaper but I also will have to pay shipping so I am opting for the 10G mark.
Back to top Go down
Thai-kun
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 810
Vehicle : 2000 Honda S2000 [AP1]
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Civic Build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civic Build.   Civic Build. Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2009, 11:58 pm

Oh my God.

Someone actually did some research. Well done good sir!

What generation Civic are you looking to do this to?
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Civic Build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civic Build.   Civic Build. Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2009, 12:48 am

Looks like a sick plan! Only thing I would say would be look into getting tires locally. Shawn gave me a wayyy better deal then I could find at tirerack or 1010 tires after shipping, mounting balancing ect...
Back to top Go down
phoez
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1337
Vehicle : nokia + xj
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Civic Build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civic Build.   Civic Build. Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2009, 4:21 am

i'd do h2b with a b16 tranny
just because it sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
cuonger69
Rank 4
Rank 4
cuonger69

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Civic Build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civic Build.   Civic Build. Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2009, 5:48 am

if you're sticking with the h22 tranny you'll need a cable shifter and convert from the stock shift linkage.
You should get a new rad as well.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Civic Build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civic Build.   Civic Build. Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2009, 5:55 am

Thai-kun wrote:

Someone actually did some research. Well done good sir!

?

well not really.

90% of that stuff is from weksos, then ebay.

i just did a quick search on google for a skunk2 intake mani and i found one for almost $100 cheaper then that.

just judging on that, id say shop around and you can drop some of those prices.
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Civic Build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civic Build.   Civic Build. Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2009, 9:11 am

As I said before I know I can get things for cheaper and when it comes down to actually ordering the parts I doubt they will be from weksos. I just used their site as a search for parts I want. Im doing this to an EJ1(95 Si), its a dark red coupe a lot like Luis'.

@cuonger - how would I do this? Just use my original shifter cause I am sure I think I have a cable tranny already. I don't do much research on this SOHC lol.
Back to top Go down
lu!$
Rank 9
Rank 9
lu!$

Number of posts : 2118
Vehicle : EJ1
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Civic Build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civic Build.   Civic Build. Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2009, 9:44 am

good stuff scott...
i see yor doing some performance and looks upgrade here...
yeah new rad and hoses if they dont come with the swap...
I say shop around and get this thing tune with hondata, chrome or whatever you can...
Buying usedparts as IM, header, strut bars isnt that bad since they dont worn out as bad as a clutch for instance...
if you save money with al that you can perhaps afford a clutch upgrade, programable ECU, fuel rail etc etc... but this is a good start anyways.. good luck and keep us updated...
check honda-tech, beyond.ca, revscene.net and jdmrides.ca... these are sites where ive found good used stuff... check it out
Back to top Go down
http://www.justanotherwesite.ca
cuonger69
Rank 4
Rank 4
cuonger69

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Civic Build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civic Build.   Civic Build. Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2009, 12:22 pm

You'll have to get the whole h22 cable shifter assembly and swap out your stock shift linkage which are the 2 bars. If you're going this route it'll require you to cut some holes and some fab work to get it to fit.

If you do h2b you can use your stock linkage. But be ready to throw down another 2-3g's for the adapter plate and tranny if you want to keep lsd.
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Civic Build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civic Build.   Civic Build. Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2009, 1:15 pm

lu!$ wrote:
good stuff scott...
i see yor doing some performance and looks upgrade here...
yeah new rad and hoses if they dont come with the swap...
I say shop around and get this thing tune with hondata, chrome or whatever you can...
Buying usedparts as IM, header, strut bars isnt that bad since they dont worn out as bad as a clutch for instance...
if you save money with al that you can perhaps afford a clutch upgrade, programable ECU, fuel rail etc etc... but this is a good start anyways.. good luck and keep us updated...
check honda-tech, beyond.ca, revscene.net and jdmrides.ca... these are sites where ive found good used stuff... check it out

fuel rail and radiator! of course, thats something I forgot. I definitely will get it tuned but I am just making the goal to get the swap and everything else in first before I worry about that. I want a magazine quality civic so used parts will be out the picture most likely, that and the fact I love new shit.
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Civic Build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civic Build.   Civic Build. Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2009, 1:21 pm

Finally another H series,
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Civic Build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civic Build.   Civic Build. Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2009, 5:01 pm

what u mean?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Civic Build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civic Build.   Civic Build. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Civic Build.
Page 1 of 1