Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

my buddies sti build

Go down 
+9
Jex
1eightySX
240sxy
Clint Eastwood
jdm_itr
laynehip
Black
corey
subbie
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

my buddies sti build Empty
PostSubject: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 7:37 pm

wow! unreal! check out his build page. He still has to pot the final pictures of his car but all i can say is wow....and 500whp

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gd-members-journals/177016-gixx6s-wrb-borgwarner-build-thread.html

ps. Ill me taking some pics of this jordan and posting it up when i get a chance to see it next time I'm in Calgary.

affraid

Last edited by DEADlogic on January 12th 2010, 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 7:39 pm

ughhh why cant you be as cool as your friends adam.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 7:42 pm

corey wrote:
ughhh why cant you be as cool as your friends adam.

haha because i dont work for an oil company....well, I dont work for encana! lol he has spent almost $25,000 on top of the car cost! it sounds unreal! doesnt even sound like a subaru, but its a 4" pipe for the headers, DP, and full exhaust (no cats/muffler)
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 7:45 pm

wow thats quite the investment
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 8:36 pm

BLACK wrote:
wow thats quite the liability
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 8:44 pm

i thought this guy was moving to regina
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 8:51 pm

liability? lol

he tried to take it to subaru because he had a cracked cv boot and wanted warranty on it lol haha and they watched him pull in and told him they wouldn't touch his car hahaha. got another photo of his turbo set up, really cool setup!

my buddies sti build Img00210

my buddies sti build Img00211
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 8:51 pm

that is a different guy, he has a 06 white STi
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 9:13 pm

Why not sell it and get something better, rather then spend allllll that money.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 9:15 pm

because its a STi not a crx.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 9:15 pm

you could have a mildly modded nsx for that.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 9:18 pm

240sxy wrote:
you could have a mildly modded nsx for that.

lol...not sure it thats a comp or a burn lol

either way its one of a kind STi, i havent seen anything like it, and next year he's turning it into a full time attack car.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 9:42 pm

so hes not moving here ?
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 10:10 pm

dont think so Sad
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2010, 12:32 am

Have respect for people who do what they love not just because they can afford it but are passionated about it. There is always going to be something better... but if it doesn't tickle your fancy then who cares.

Last edited by 1eightySX on January 13th 2010, 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Jex
Rank 6
Rank 6
Jex

Number of posts : 921
Vehicle : Toaster
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2010, 12:59 am

siiiiiik. i judge no ones car tallying costs, i spend more money on food and alcohol than anything else in life... ;(
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2010, 1:25 pm

I'm curious if that header set-up would act to reduce lag any?
I really like the fab work. Did anyone read through the entire thing to find out why he placed the turbo there?
I don't feel like going through all the big words
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2010, 9:06 pm

Iluvsno wrote:
I'm curious if that header set-up would act to reduce lag any?
I really like the fab work. Did anyone read through the entire thing to find out why he placed the turbo there?
I don't feel like going through all the big words

well yeah, its twin scroll. also imagine the length of the intercooler pipes now.

i didnt read anything, but my logical reasoning sense is tingling.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2010, 3:22 am

Yes, but it is my thinking that subarus(even with TMICs) have lots of turbo lag because of the length of the headers as opposed to a regular car with a turbo bolted on the manifold. Adding a FMIC only increses the lag, I never thought to add the intrercooler pipes as standard TMIC equiped cars have very short intercooler pipes.
I read through all the pages and it doesn't mension any particular reasoning as to why he placed. I don't care if its twin scroll, I don't think that really affects where the turbo can be placed. I didn't ask if the design of the turbo/manifold increased spool time. I asked about turbo location. location location location. I had just never seed a turbo placed there on a WRX and was curious.

Last edited by Marshal on January 14th 2010, 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2010, 3:55 am

i can think of many reasons off the top of my head

ease of access
better air flow to the turbo
you should care that its twin scroll, because you asked if the manifold would reduce lag.
the intercooler pipes are DEFINATLY going to be shorter, that now the turbo is in the front and the car has a FMIC. i realise that a stock location turbo with a fmic would be different..but that doesnt apply right now.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2010, 9:31 am

Marshal wrote:
Yes, but it is my thinking that subarus(even with TMICs) have lots of turbo lag because of the length of the headers as opposed to a regular car with a turbo bolted on the manifold. Adding a FMIC only increses the lag, I never thought to add the intrercooler pipes as standard TMIC equiped cars have very short intercooler pipes.
I read through all the pages and it doesn't mension any particular reasoning as to why he placed. I don't care if its twin scroll, I don't think that really affects where the turbo can be placed. I had just never seed a turbo placed there on a WRX and was curious.

I'll ask him and post his answer
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2010, 10:23 am

here is your reply

I placed the turbo in the front basically because there was more than enough room, I wanted as short of a header as possible for quicker spooling, plus I absolutely hate Subaru's 2 piece header design that is easy to get cracks and exhaust leaks on. With the header I am running I shortened the runner length by over 12" inches which will help spool this big turbo about 200-300 rpm sooner. Also placing the turbo in the front like this I have really short charge pipes totaling roughly 3 feet while the APS front mounts have around 9-10 feet of piping - again making throttle response and lag about 300 rpm better. So in total this turbo would hit full spool by around 4200 rpm but now I am hoping to get it down to 3500 which will make huge power really early on and continue to redline.
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2010, 11:38 am

^
thank you!
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2010, 7:41 pm

/flex.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2010, 9:09 am

240sxy wrote:
/flex.

lol easy adrian, hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my buddies sti build   my buddies sti build Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my buddies sti build
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next