Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

civic is done

Go down 
+11
T-Fel
c.mayer
1eightySX
Heretic
abs0Lut
Golks
locked2
Bjohnson
JDN
phoez
jdm_itr
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

civic is done  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: civic is done    civic is done  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 5:10 pm

It makes no sense. Why build car for such a small portion of the market? I would rather buy the Hybrid and daily it. You arepretty much asking them to follow the train of thought that lead to the demise of the civic in Japan. Honda doesn't need to build cars for tuners because they will adapt to the market instaed of Honda adapting to 8 guys on the net.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Bjohnson

Number of posts : 1871
Vehicle : 2001 Honda S2000
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: civic is done    civic is done  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 5:43 pm

1eightySX wrote:
It makes no sense. Why build car for such a small portion of the market? I would rather buy the Hybrid and daily it. You arepretty much asking them to follow the train of thought that lead to the demise of the civic in Japan. Honda doesn't need to build cars for tuners because they will adapt to the market instaed of Honda adapting to 8 guys on the net.

but why not both? i mean they make the civic SI, and the mugen SI for here... but they also make the civic hybrid
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: civic is done    civic is done  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 7:21 pm

Bjohnson wrote:
1eightySX wrote:

but why not both? i mean they make the civic SI, and the mugen SI for here... but they also make the civic hybrid

The whole point of this thread is to point out how the civic has out grown its original purpose in Japan. The future is most likely going to be hybrid at least for Japna. Thus it being counter productive to have the car with two different power plants. If you want the CRZ with a different engine, buy it and swap it. Is is Honda you could do it in a weekend. I am sure someone will do it and it will be neat, but it does not make sense from a production stand point.

There is literally a team of people that work for Honda that are paid to make million dollar decisions. However, we think we know what is best for Honda, because we go on the internet. Give your head a shake. Besides why do you need that engine your car? So you can tell people you have it?

People are developping parts for the CRZ, Honda is starting at square one and putting themselves a little bit ahead of the curve. I would honestly drive one as daily, the ones I saw a few weeks ago were super cool. I cannot believe it has come point where I am actually defending Hondas to the Honda crowd.... I must be getting old.
Back to top Go down
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Bjohnson

Number of posts : 1871
Vehicle : 2001 Honda S2000
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: civic is done    civic is done  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 8:32 pm

your not getting old... you jsut taking this wayyy to far... basically your saying dont dare to dream... when in reality everyone talks about doing this and that to cars so why cant we talk about how cool it would be to have the crz come out with a non-hybrid edition?
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: civic is done    civic is done  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 3:56 am

I like that, "don't dare to dream. " That is pretty much my motto! I thought about this a few bad decisions into the night and I think I would like to rock the Hybrid version of this little diddy but I am broke.

Besides I don't think one person on this forum would buy the car even if it came with the non-hybrid.
Back to top Go down
MacSkank
Rank 5
Rank 5

Number of posts : 556
Vehicle : Longboard
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: civic is done    civic is done  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 12:08 pm

1eightySX wrote:
I like that, "don't dare to dream. " That is pretty much my motto! I thought about this a few bad decisions into the night and I think I would like to rock the Hybrid version of this little diddy but I am broke.

Besides I don't think one person on this forum would buy the car even if it came with the non-hybrid.

Why not?
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: civic is done    civic is done  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 3:44 pm

MacSkank wrote:
1eightySX wrote:

Why not?

Because if you were buying a car brand new there would be much better choices. Second not too many people here drive brand new cars.
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: civic is done    civic is done  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 5:44 pm

If I was going to buy a new car and the CRZ had a k20 in it, I would probably buy it cause 1: they look badass when done up right and 2: its a Honda.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: civic is done    civic is done  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 7:38 pm

abs0Lut wrote:
If I was going to buy a new car and the CRZ had a k20 in it, I would probably buy it cause 1: they look badass when done up right and 2: its a Honda.

I feel like this proves the point. Not one part mentioned performance.
Back to top Go down
MacSkank
Rank 5
Rank 5

Number of posts : 556
Vehicle : Longboard
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: civic is done    civic is done  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 2:06 am

performance>looks
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: civic is done    civic is done  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 3:29 am

Just all seems like a lot of Fan boy talk. Luckily Honda doesn't build cars for those people.
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

Number of posts : 1718
Vehicle : MKII Jetta
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: civic is done    civic is done  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 11:38 am

MacSkank wrote:
performance>looks

This.

1eightySX is right, most enthusiast don't buy brand new cars. Because they are better informed about how bad car depriecite, even a 2-3 year old car could easily save you $10,000, and it's still basically new. Driving older cars gives us more money to spends on "modz!"

He's right I would never buy a new CR-Z, but if it came K20 I might buy one used. Neutral

Actually my current short list of cars I'm considered buying at the moment range for the Absurd, to the mediocre. I won't be ready until next summer, so the list changes often. The Pontiac Trash Can, has never leaft the list though. Razz

WS6 Trans Am (LS1 powah!)
Camaro SS (4th gen, ugly but with a stonking V8)
Celica GTS light with a (yummy 2ZZ-GE)
Integra Type R (found a few with reasonable KM, and price, heard there can be engine issues with these)
Jeep TJ (easy to buy locally cheap, roof/doors off all summer, and mud in my teeth!)
Mustang GT (it would have to be the right one)
RSX Type S (this is almost too boring, but I know it's a good quality car)
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: civic is done    civic is done  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 7:08 pm

Heretic wrote:
MacSkank wrote:
performance>looks

This.

1eightySX is right, most enthusiast don't buy brand new cars. Because they are better informed about how bad car depriecite, even a 2-3 year old car could easily save you $10,000, and it's still basically new. Driving older cars gives us more money to spends on "modz!"

He's right I would never buy a new CR-Z, but if it came K20 I might buy one used. Neutral

Actually my current short list of cars I'm considered buying at the moment range for the Absurd, to the mediocre. I won't be ready until next summer, so the list changes often. The Pontiac Trash Can, has never leaft the list though. Razz

WS6 Trans Am (LS1 powah!)
Camaro SS (4th gen, looks like a catfish but with a stonking V8)
Celica GTS light with a (yummy 2ZZ-GE)
Integra Type R (found a few with reasonable KM, and price, heard there can be engine issues with these)
Jeep XJ (easy to buy locally cheap, doors off all summer, and mud in my teeth!)
Mustang GT (it would have to be 3v or 4v though)
RSX Type S (this is almost too boring, but I know it's a good quality car)

fixed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: civic is done    civic is done  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

civic is done
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2