Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Type R is not doing so good

Go down 
+5
d3v
L-Spec
1eightySX
Justin
mr.bellamy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mr.bellamy
Rank 3
Rank 3
mr.bellamy

Number of posts : 125
Vehicle : 2000 Black Integra
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Type R is not doing so good Empty
PostSubject: Type R is not doing so good   Type R is not doing so good Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2008, 12:09 am

Well finally got my type r today all excited to own kids but i went to race and lost against braedyn's rx7 which he thinks has 180hp and when we weighed them his car was a lot heavier. Well i do know now that something is wrong with it and the engine is always cold, the only things that i have notice wrong with it is that my radiator cap's seal is broken a little bit. Once i hit v-tec the car seems to slow down!!! :S I have no idea what is wrong with it but i know for sure something is... does anyone have any idea what it could be?
Back to top Go down
Justin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 363
Vehicle : 00' GSR
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Type R is not doing so good   Type R is not doing so good Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2008, 12:17 am

maybe you drive like me, i dunno.
Back to top Go down
mr.bellamy
Rank 3
Rank 3
mr.bellamy

PostSubject: Re: Type R is not doing so good   Type R is not doing so good Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2008, 12:24 am

no I'm a race car driver Razz
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Type R is not doing so good   Type R is not doing so good Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2008, 1:25 am

Your no race car driver... but you were racing?

Anyway, unless his RX-7 is tubo'd it was maybe closer to 160hp (i think) but now imagine you went through all the trouble to drop that engine in a hatch and then you had to pay the $$$ to get it fixed. You would essentially be out even more money!
That's the headaches of cars, and you would more than likely have to be prepared to run into even more once you start doing engine swaps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Type R is not doing so good   Type R is not doing so good Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2008, 3:16 am

It's an S4 engine N/A and carbureted from what I last remember on a tune to prevent it from stalling itself out. It supposedly has a streetport that seems quite reserved but the stock exaust is still restrictive. That being said, it's probably pushing out maybe 170hp to the crank, but that's just being generous. The FC has transmission gearing in favour of sports racing, plus it being RWD and having heavy ass rims, so I'm going to assume it had a better launch? The engine in the RX-7 is fairly new as well, so that's another disadvantage for you. Your engine might just be a little tired. No worries, though, get some fuel tuning and open up the exhaust more, then it'll feel peppier. Maybe a lighter flywheel or a Short Shifter could greatly assist your shifting speeds. Messege Golks about the short shifters. Don't let one race discourage you. There's always room for improvement.
Back to top Go down
d3v
Rank 4
Rank 4
d3v

Number of posts : 335
Vehicle : 1992 Honda Civic Hatch w/ h22
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Type R is not doing so good   Type R is not doing so good Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2008, 12:47 pm

his rx-7 is not turbo, but it is still quickk Smile lol. what year/ color/ engine did you get?
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Type R is not doing so good   Type R is not doing so good Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2008, 12:59 pm

Are you asking me or the original poster? If you're asking me, he didn't buy my car. I worked with the previous owner of his car and laughed at his carb. My FC is an S5, not an S4.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Type R is not doing so good   Type R is not doing so good Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2008, 1:41 pm

Vtec not engaging could be a few things going wrong. Check your oil make sure your not running low, along with a scarse amount of gas it will not work. Check your sparkplugs that could be the problem, also one more that i recall hearing about is fuel pump.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Type R is not doing so good   Type R is not doing so good Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2008, 2:32 pm

... Hondas don't break, and it appears that Lucky is some type of scientist! (seriously though, he would know better than anyone)
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
mr.bellamy
Rank 3
Rank 3
mr.bellamy

PostSubject: Re: Type R is not doing so good   Type R is not doing so good Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2008, 12:34 am

no i can tell you right now that something is wrong with the type r... i need a new thermostat forsure and maybe other things because this type r should definitely kick the shit out of that thing.... actually just so you know how slow that rx7 is i raced it with my old tiberon and the only thing done to the tiburon was a cherry bomb which most definitely doesn't add power... oh and my dad was a mechanic for over 30 years so he knows what is wrong
Back to top Go down
mr.bellamy
Rank 3
Rank 3
mr.bellamy

PostSubject: Re: Type R is not doing so good   Type R is not doing so good Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2008, 12:43 am

oh also now the car is bogging out when i get to 6000rpm
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Type R is not doing so good   Type R is not doing so good Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2008, 8:54 am

mr.bellamy wrote:
oh and my dad was a mechanic for over 30 years so he knows what is wrong

Soo.. what was the point of this thread?
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Type R is not doing so good   Type R is not doing so good Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2008, 12:24 pm

Supra wrote:
mr.bellamy wrote:
oh and my dad was a mechanic for over 30 years so he knows what is wrong

Soo.. what was the point of this thread?

Lol or any of these threads theyre all about the same damn thing
Back to top Go down
Proch
Rank 3
Rank 3
Proch

Number of posts : 186
Vehicle : 2001 Grand Prix GTP
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Type R is not doing so good   Type R is not doing so good Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2008, 1:39 pm

yah, at least your lucky enough to have your dad there to fix your car Very Happy but are you driving this car around trying to race people without a thermostat?... ALSO, you mention that this RX-7 is slwo because you raced it with your tiburon, but you never said your tiburon BEAT it Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Type R is not doing so good   Type R is not doing so good Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Type R is not doing so good
Page 1 of 1