Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

type r integra or type r civic?

Go down 
+10
veedub
Black
CamJohns122
SteveK
Rob
1eightySX
d3v
Piett
corey
mr.bellamy
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mr.bellamy
Rank 3
Rank 3
mr.bellamy

Number of posts : 125
Vehicle : 2000 Black Integra
Registration date : 2008-04-15

type r integra or type r civic? Empty
PostSubject: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 12:21 am

Hey for those of you who don't know me i have owned many cars (2 of which that where at the meet on the 13th) and i now have a yellow type r integra but i dont know if i should keep it because my dad suggests that i get an eg civic hatch (92-95) and swap the motor with a type r, paint it any color i want and most likely strip everthing... well you get the idea. Some of my friends are stupid and say there are too many civics in regina which is pretty stupid to say, im not going to mention any names (steven and couse) other than these ones because how many people honestly in regina have civics with b18c5 motors and a garrette turbo kit pushing around 500whp although i do love the type r which i wouldn't want to completely re due everthing on because... well its a type r, so if i could get some honest replies that would be a great help

-thanks
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 12:29 am

Honestly I love your Hype R, first day it arrived in Regina I was ridin' cloud nine for awhile from the little drive in it.

After you get it safetied/plated drive it for a month then after that month make your decision of what you want to do. I think you'll appreciate it much more when your able to drive it, I know it is pretty frustrating only being able to look at it and not being able to enjoy it.

If turbo is in your plans I'd say do it to the ITR instead of a Civic. But hey thats my opinion in the end its all up to you.
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 12:29 am

which two cars did you own? ... riley's and who elses?

and for your little "problem" if you would even call it a problem since you already have a nice car, but id go with the hatch.. make it unique so its not like every other civic (obviously), itd be lighter, quicker, and i like driving hatches , so thats another reason why id do that. but why not just turbo the integra and have the almost exact same car but all ya gotta do is turbo.

either way you will have a nice car..
Back to top Go down
mr.bellamy
Rank 3
Rank 3
mr.bellamy

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 12:31 am

if money was no option i would stick with the type r no doubt but since i want something stupid fast for less thats why i think a civic would be great... oh and i owned rileys and stevens integras
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 12:34 am

thats not steven courts car
Back to top Go down
d3v
Rank 4
Rank 4
d3v

Number of posts : 335
Vehicle : 1992 Honda Civic Hatch w/ h22
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 12:36 am

hey dude, funny story first night tonight I raced my civic (92 EG) vs your old black integra which is awesome. All my hatch has is short ram and headerback with no headers Sad, anywayysss 1st launch I won, 2nd he won, 3rd was the last run down armor road ofcoarse super close and then we both got caught by the cops scary as hell haha but end of story my shifter on it right now is shit and it was dead even so what im saying is hatch forsure Smile they are light and fast haha If i had a good shifter riley knows it was over Smile CIVIC HATCH FTW! (92-95) cheers
Back to top Go down
mr.bellamy
Rank 3
Rank 3
mr.bellamy

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 12:36 am

well it looks a lot like steven courts car so you honestly didnt have to correct me Razz

Last edited by mr.bellamy on April 15th 2008, 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 12:37 am

Regina has a small handful of Integra Type R's, whereas Civic's are rather common.
Personally the uniqueness of a Integra Type R would be rather cool. Also another point is your more likely to get your money back out of a modded ITR rather then a Civic.
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 12:37 am

yeah, but go for the hatch then, if money aint a problem.
Back to top Go down
mr.bellamy
Rank 3
Rank 3
mr.bellamy

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 12:40 am

money isnt a problem if i get the hatch but it will be a problem if i keep the type r which is what i am getting at in this topic
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 12:54 am

http://www.modernracer.com/acuraintegratyperclassic.html

This article states that the Integra Type R is infact one of the best FWD cars in the world from factory.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 1:12 am

I don't get it, why is money a problem if you keep the car?

I haven't been keeping up to date with my Honda scene. However you could sell the type R and drop an H22 into civic, that would different and fast or has somebody done that?

If i were you I would keep the Type R and switch the front end to the Japanese front end and be Super bad ass!

Or my last suggestion is to sell the type R and hit up the U.S and go straight for an S2000, think of it as an investment in being totally awesome. You get the fun of RWD and the reliability of a Honda Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
mr.bellamy
Rank 3
Rank 3
mr.bellamy

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 1:26 am

Money is a problem if i keep the type-r because i still have to pay it off right now and i owe my dad quite a bit for it still so i would have to wait like a year of saving up to actually do some amazing things to it
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 10:01 am

To turbo the type r you would have to probably need to put low compression pistons in which means your almost tearing the whole motor apart.

I like the idea of H22 a civic. Maybe turbo H22 civic, that would be cool, atleast it makes a little more TQ than the b18
Back to top Go down
SteveK
Rank 5
Rank 5
SteveK

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 11:58 am

keep the type-r, it owns, or sell it to me Smile
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 2:10 pm

Wow um who buys you these cars? GO with the type R wayyy more unique and if its good condition will be worth more
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 4:31 pm

I always thought type R were a bit harder to upgrade. I couldn't remember why but someone seems to have have touched on it.

I think to buy a civic and swap the engine could get fairly expensive... maybe.

I am telling you S2000!

But seriously keep the integra.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 4:59 pm

His Type R is completly mint! I believe its a 2001 so it's fairly new still I say you just keep that and enjoy it Very Happy

Plus who needs a 500whp daily driver heh.
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 6:42 pm

Go euro and get an older M3 then supercharge it and go super fast and drift! Or are the only two options honda's?
Back to top Go down
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 7:41 pm

Keep the Type R I haven't even seen it out yet.
Back to top Go down
mr.bellamy
Rank 3
Rank 3
mr.bellamy

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 11:40 pm

my type r should be out on friday but im not 100% sure, oh and i bought my first car when i was 12 for 1000 dollars i fixed that up sold it then i bought another car from that money, fixed it up sold it... and i just kept doing that till i saved up enough money for the type r

Last edited by mr.bellamy on April 16th 2008, 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 11:48 pm

mr.bellamy wrote:
oh and i bought my first car when i was 12 for 1000 dollars i fixed that up sold it then i did that over and over again.

And..?
Back to top Go down
mr.bellamy
Rank 3
Rank 3
mr.bellamy

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2008, 12:13 am

I think that if i do, do the eg hatch i will buy a k20 motor because stock that can run 13's and with bolt ons 12's
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2008, 12:16 am

mr.bellamy wrote:
I think that if i do, do the eg hatch i will buy a k20 motor because stock that can run 13's and with bolt ons 12's

In the 1/8 mile maybe Razz

Your not gonna run 12's just dropping in a k20 and putting a "cold air" intake on it i'll tell you that right now.

FWD's suck at 1/4 mile racing mainly because you cant get them off the line, especially when your putting down decent power. Your gonna need tires aka slicks as well as an lsd diff if you plan to get some decent 60 ft's. I still think its a waste of time and money though unless you like to race from a roll..

If you want power RWD is the ONLY way to go because you will have a lot more traction because of weight transfer.. S2000 FTW!!

(but thats just my opinion)
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2008, 12:44 am

That is what I have been saying as well!

As Corey said, you really don't need a ridiculously fast car as a daily driver. A car like that will just cost you a lot of money. Line up some reasonable goals for your car, engine swaps alone are time consuming, add on a paint and you are looking at the price of that s2000 or at least close to it.

There is nothing wrong with the Type R, honda/acura are good cars and reliable. Mostly remember that whatever you chose someone won't like it, that's just the nature of the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: type r integra or type r civic?   type r integra or type r civic? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

type r integra or type r civic?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next