Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"The port" holding a car for steam cleaning

Go down 
+13
Clint Eastwood
Rob
corey
phoez
DOOLHA
raboyto2
laynehip
Silvianow
_....
Piett
JSharp
Black
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-02-22

"The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Empty
PostSubject: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2009, 12:02 am

Hey so my car was supposed to be shipped out on wednesday, but apparently it's being held at "the port" (Don't know what this is) Because they want to steam clean it...? Does anyone know what this is, or if the port is like the canada portal/customs or the dock where the cars get off the boat? Or why they would want to hold a car to steam clean it. I'm very confused.
Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
JSharp
Rank 8
Rank 8
JSharp

Number of posts : 1577
Vehicle : 2002 Yamaha R1, 2003 Nissan 350z, 2005 Yamaha R6
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2009, 12:45 am

why would they want to steam clean your car for you? sounds fishy
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2009, 1:21 am

they are jackin all the electronics on it.. very normal no worries
Back to top Go down
_....
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2009, 1:42 am

"Customs here in Canada want the vehicle clean. If it
arrives dirty, it will need cleaning with a steam cleaner before they
inspect it."

I found that on some page about importing cars, I vaguely remember reading something like this back when I imported mine, though I had very little to do with the actual importing of mine, I bought it then a few months later it was dumped at my house.
Back to top Go down
Silvianow
Rank 3
Rank 3
Silvianow

Number of posts : 179
Vehicle : 92 silvia, 90 Celsior
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2009, 2:26 am

i have never heard of a steam cleaning, i usually hear of it getting sent back.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2009, 9:52 am

Okay I did some research and I found out that cars coming in need to meet some Quarantine risk material standards. If they are high level contaminated they get sent back.
But if they are deemed a low level of contamination they get one of the following treatments:

Steam Cleaning
High Pressure Cleaning
Disinfecting
Vacuuming

This is Australian custom but its probably the same here.
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

Number of posts : 916
Vehicle : 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2009, 10:15 am

your car shows signs of dirt in the undercarage. (they run their hand under the fender and see how much comes off.

some cars have been sent back...... there was a problem with this. a big problem for at least a couple weeks or a month, but maybe they stopped that because i havent heard anyting more. Why dont you call your broker and ask him why its being cleaned.

ps. you vehicle exporter was suppose to clean the undercarage BEFORE it left japan.
Back to top Go down
Silvianow
Rank 3
Rank 3
Silvianow

Number of posts : 179
Vehicle : 92 silvia, 90 Celsior
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2009, 11:40 am

raboyto2 wrote:

ps. you vehicle exporter was suppose to clean the undercarage BEFORE it left japan.

QFT! we just pay a company to do it for us, they pay all the expenses if it does get sent back and such.
Gives us less to worry about. It also comes with a jdm certificate saying it got cleaned. (jdm bonus points) Laughing
Back to top Go down
DOOLHA
Rank 7
Rank 7
DOOLHA

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : schirting
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2009, 12:07 pm

WHat kind of car you get?
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2009, 12:13 pm

wrx...... I really hope it doesn't get sent back
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2009, 6:07 pm

any updates?
Back to top Go down
phoez
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1337
Vehicle : nokia + xj
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2009, 7:56 pm

this is where 'JDM' ftl.
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2009, 10:19 pm

Yesterday he said that he hoped he would have it by friday. We'll see i guess.

I don't even care right now. UNIVERSITY FUCKING SUCKS!........ I fucking hate university. I was told i would probably lose around 30 % of my mark. Fine i can deal with that. But come university time i get 100% on every assignment. I study for fucking four days straight, any question from the chapter we just studied i can do, and the theories are ingrained in my brain. Then comes midterms and HOLY JESUS CHRIST! It's like they drop an atomic bomb right on your face. Questions I couldn't even dream of sit there in front of me. It's like the professors get together and have a bet to see how many kids they can get to jump of the university bridge by november. It's like a big "Haha, tricked you. The stuff you studied doesn't even apply to this test!" I look around to see people pulling their hair out, crying, and one dude threw his pencil across the room 20 minutes in and got up and left. He didn't even hand his shit in!

I get that its tough, and I shouldn't complain because I could always leave. I'm just super rattled because I've never failed shit before and I've been at the school since 7:30 this morning.

Guys that are in university. How do YOU study for a midterm? How many hours would you put in before you felt comfortable going into the test?

This might need to be it's own thread
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2009, 10:29 pm

BLACK wrote:

I don't even care right now. UNIVERSITY FUCKING SUCKS!........ I fucking hate university. I was told i would probably lose around 30 % of my mark. Fine i can deal with that. But come university time i get 100% on every assignment. I study for fucking four days straight, any question from the chapter we just studied i can do, and the theories are ingrained in my brain. Then comes midterms and HOLY JESUS CHRIST! It's like they drop an atomic bomb right on your face. Questions I couldn't even dream of sit there in front of me. It's like the professors get together and have a bet to see how many kids they can get to jump of the university bridge by november. It's like a big "Haha, tricked you. The stuff you studied doesn't even apply to this test!" I look around to see people pulling their hair out, crying, and one dude threw his pencil across the room 20 minutes in and got up and left. He didn't even hand his shit in!

I get that its tough, and I shouldn't complain because I could always leave. I'm just super rattled because I've never failed shit before and I've been at the school since 7:30 this morning.

Guys that are in university. How do YOU study for a midterm? How many hours would you put in before you felt comfortable going into the test?

This needs its own thread for sure, between all my friends that are in Uni I hear nonstop rants about how ridiculous it is haha!

I love that my career choice/future doesn't involve retarded impossible reports and crazy atom bomb midterms.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2009, 11:13 pm

I cant even get into university
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2009, 12:04 am

well.. this semester is kicking my ass. im pissed in the workload put on , but i guess its my choice in the number of classes i do.

what class was that midterm in?

And iv studied anywhere from 10hrs for a mid term to 0 hours ("shit what?... we have a midterm today?...fack". ) and its always the same feeling walking out after.
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2009, 12:10 am

raboyto2 wrote:
well.. this semester is kicking my ass. im pissed in the workload put on , but i guess its my choice in the number of classes i do.

what class was that midterm in?

And iv studied anywhere from 10hrs for a mid term to 0 hours ("shit what?... we have a midterm today?...fack". ) and its always the same feeling walking out after.
My Math 123 (Engineering Calculus), and GE-124 (Engineering mechanics)
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2009, 12:57 am

BLACK wrote:

i think i study way too much for tests
i start about a week in advance and then go from there
however i can relate to you about the midterm having nothing to do with what you just studied
one of my finance classes i was pretty sure he gave us the wrong test because absolutely nothing applied to what we learned.
but im the worlds most nervous kid and before every test i feel like im going to throw up, and the feeling doesnt tend to change after.
but then i go home, make some tea watch home improvement and forget about what just happened.
besides there is always the bell curve
Back to top Go down
Black
Rank 8
Rank 8
Black

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2009, 1:04 am

im really banking on the curve.
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2009, 1:09 am

You stress to much, I just finished my essay thats due tomorrow and now I can begin studying for my history mid term tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2009, 1:41 pm

BLACK wrote:

iv never had an exam curved. ever. and its always like: i talk to a bunch of people, they all did horrible, but the class "average"is always higher then everyones mark. hmm

but either way. this semester everything is wayyy to tight together... and its like assignments every single night, midterm every week , study the night before (i have 9 this semester) , then work on the next assignment.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2009, 2:24 pm

back on topic..

A buddy of mine had his skyline sent back to japan for having dirt in the wheel wells and what not. The main thing is they dont want noxious foreign weeds to start spreading in canada. Seems dumb i know, but there super strict on that
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2009, 2:36 pm

...definatly not "dumb"
Back to top Go down
raboyto2
Rank 6
Rank 6

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2009, 11:10 am

240sxy wrote:
...definatly not "dumb"

lol. what, you dont think that bringing that one cool sports car in for that one cool teenager isnt worth the risk of bringing in a non-indigenous invasive plant that could cause millions of dollars worth of damage to our economy and enviroment?

deep.
Back to top Go down
greddy_1700
Rank 5
Rank 5
greddy_1700

Number of posts : 654
Vehicle : 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2009, 11:24 am

raboyto2 wrote:
BLACK wrote:

iv never had an exam curved. ever. and its always like: i talk to a bunch of people, they all did horrible, but the class "average"is always higher then everyones mark. hmm

but either way. this semester everything is wayyy to tight together... and its like assignments every single night, midterm every week , study the night before (i have 9 this semester) , then work on the next assignment.

Get used to it, both of you. My last semeseter was an assignment every day, with the odd lab report scattered around in there, 8 midterms, 5 quizes, extra lectures, seminars, and of course finals ( one of which was on a saturday at 7pm). My average school day started at 8am and went till about 230am.

I would love to tell you guys that it gets easier, but I would be lying. You just sort of end up accepting that your life is over, and this is just how things go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The port" holding a car for steam cleaning   "The  port" holding a car for steam cleaning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"The port" holding a car for steam cleaning
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next