Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BMW "Driver Education"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

BMW "Driver Education" Empty
PostSubject: BMW "Driver Education"   BMW "Driver Education" Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2008, 6:52 pm

Well, in reality, some member of the BMW club (he's some big time doctor) privately rented out the track for the morning, and let anyone who was a member of teh BMW club come out and go as hard and as long as they wanted to on the racetrack. I went to take pictures and try out the new camera, but I was peer-pressured into taking the 'Ring Taxi, as they affectionaly named it, out for 5 runs or 3 laps each. Here is what happened(and yes, I had 5 people in my car at the time)
BMW "Driver Education" 2008_016
BMW "Driver Education" 2008_017
That car^ is the 335i(twin turbo). He's got teh new intake manifold, and other boost adding goodies plus fully adjustable software. He's pushing over 400lbs of torque at 1800rpms at the wheels, no lies.
BMW "Driver Education" 2008_018
BMW "Driver Education" 2008_019
BMW "Driver Education" 2008_020
BMW "Driver Education" 2008_021
BMW "Driver Education" 2008_022
Unfortunatley those are the only photos that turned out decent. I'll try to touch some up to make them look presentable. And bare in mind, I was playing with all the settings, so most of the pictures look like shit
And jsut for reference sake, my fastest time(with 5 people in the car) was 1.54 mark, while my dad in the '97 ///M3 did it in 1.51, some guy in a z3 2.8L did it in 1.58, and a guy in a '96 318iT did it in 2.00. I figures I did farely decent for what I had... I'll be uploading an in-car video as soon as I figure out how to

Last edited by FlyingBrick on September 13th 2008, 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
veedub
Rank 7
Rank 7
veedub

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: BMW "Driver Education"   BMW "Driver Education" Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2008, 6:56 pm

Sickness, I love the 335i. You should get some coillies on your car!
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: BMW "Driver Education"   BMW "Driver Education" Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2008, 7:30 pm

Well here is a link to me takign my boat of a car around the track. tires had 32psi in them. 4 people in the car, and I had the transmission in sport mode. the rattling you hear is the change in my ashtray sliding around.
http://www.new.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=39249855774
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: BMW "Driver Education"   BMW "Driver Education" Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2008, 8:00 pm

Aha, so this is the suprize! Looks like a fun time man and your car actually did pretty darn good for all the factors haha.

Where was Jason? Or is he some sort of BMW outcast?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: BMW "Driver Education"   BMW "Driver Education" Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2008, 1:08 am

he doesn't fancy the idea of being at the track at 8am.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: BMW "Driver Education"   BMW "Driver Education" Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2008, 1:10 am

FlyingBrick wrote:
he doesn't fancy the idea of being at the track at 8am.
Sounds like he should join a Honda club or something Razz
Back to top Go down
taylorvw
Rank 8
Rank 8
taylorvw

Number of posts : 1554
Vehicle : ce9a
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: BMW "Driver Education"   BMW "Driver Education" Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2008, 6:49 pm

FlyingBrick wrote:
Well, in reality, some member of the BMW club (he's some big time doctor) privately rented out the track for the morning, and let anyone who was a member of teh BMW club come out and go as hard and as long as they wanted to on the racetrack. I went to take pictures and try out the new camera, but I was peer-pressured into taking the 'Ring Taxi, as they affectionaly named it, out for 5 runs or 3 laps each. Here is what happened(and yes, I had 5 people in my car at the time)
BMW "Driver Education" 2008_016
BMW "Driver Education" 2008_017
That car^ is the 335i(twin turbo). He's got teh new intake manifold, and other boost adding goodies plus fully adjustable software. He's pushing over 400lbs of torque at 1800rpms at the wheels, no lies.
BMW "Driver Education" 2008_018
BMW "Driver Education" 2008_019
BMW "Driver Education" 2008_020
BMW "Driver Education" 2008_021
BMW "Driver Education" 2008_022
Unfortunatley those are the only photos that turned out decent. I'll try to touch some up to make them look presentable. And bare in mind, I was playing with all the settings, so most of the pictures look like shit
And jsut for reference sake, my fastest time(with 5 people in the car) was 1.54 mark, while my dad in the '97 ///M3 did it in 1.51, some guy in a z3 2.8L did it in 1.58, and a guy in a '96 318iT did it in 2.00. I figures I did farely decent for what I had... I'll be uploading an in-car video as soon as I figure out how to

Why do i only see three?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: BMW "Driver Education"   BMW "Driver Education" Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2008, 3:22 am

we weren't taping the run that time. unlike events at the QCMA, we get to do as many runs as we want(as we usually have very few people come out), so I got a few times to try out the car before we decided to tape a run.
And I'll try to get a list of all the official times once they are posted.
Back to top Go down
slow
Rank 3
Rank 3
slow

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: BMW "Driver Education"   BMW "Driver Education" Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2008, 11:25 am

what was the course layout
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: BMW "Driver Education"   BMW "Driver Education" Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2008, 12:32 pm

BMW "Driver Education" LayoutA
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

PostSubject: Re: BMW "Driver Education"   BMW "Driver Education" Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2008, 6:58 pm

Nice! I've been lookin for a course overhead view forever! Did you draw it?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

PostSubject: Re: BMW "Driver Education"   BMW "Driver Education" Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2008, 3:29 am

no, Alan Fong(the guy who rented the track) drew it out, along with all teh other possible track layouts that we voted on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BMW "Driver Education"   BMW "Driver Education" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BMW "Driver Education"
Page 1 of 1