Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Little issue with local dealership

Go down 
+7
1eightySX
RB
swift101
dev
Marshal
taylorvw
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Little issue with local dealership Empty
PostSubject: Little issue with local dealership   Little issue with local dealership Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2009, 2:15 pm

So heres the story:
About 2 weeks ago i went and ordered 2 parts from a local dealership, one being a rad hose, the other being and engine wiring harness. When ordering the harness i specifically stated i needed the one that went from the ECU to the engine and everything on the engine (injectors, EGR, solenoids etc.) The guy agreed and said it would be in within a week. So earlier this week i went to pick my stuff up and was happy to see everything was there. I paid in cash and took my parts home. Upon opening the box, i noticed that the wiring harness(still in an unopened plastic bag) was in fact the wrong one. They sent me the hanress the goes to the battery, starter, altenator etc. I took it back the next day and informed them they got me the wrong one. They told me that there would be a 20% restocking fee but they would have my money for me the next day. I agreed and came back today. Now they ware telling me that they will NOT allow me to return it. The parts manager admitted to ordering me the wrong one yet he says he refuses to return it. I was told to call out east because they were the ones who said im not allowed to return it. He kept stalling when i asked for the number, and after a slight arguement i got it. I immediately called Mazda Canada in Toronto and the gentleman i spoke to informed me that they hadnt heard of anything nor could they do anything about it. He said they have no say in it and that it is the dealership, not them who would have said that i cant return it. So i will be going down yet again tomorrow to speak with the general manager. Anyone have any suggestions/ input as to what i should do?
Back to top Go down
taylorvw
Rank 8
Rank 8
taylorvw

Number of posts : 1554
Vehicle : ce9a
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Little issue with local dealership   Little issue with local dealership Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2009, 2:53 pm

bring a gun?
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Little issue with local dealership   Little issue with local dealership Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2009, 3:06 pm

a baseball bat is pretty convincing.
Look at all you've bought from them. bring your reciepts for everything you've bought from them. Demand they return it for you, they ordered the wrong one afterall.
Don't back down.
Just don't tell them,"It would be easier and cheaper to return this harness then to take hundreds of dints out of each of your cars"
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Little issue with local dealership   Little issue with local dealership Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2009, 4:33 pm

Marshal wrote:
a baseball bat is pretty convincing.
Look at all you've bought from them. bring your reciepts for everything you've bought from them. Demand they return it for you, they ordered the wrong one afterall.
Don't back down.
Just don't tell them,"It would be easier and cheaper to return this harness then to take hundreds of dints out of each of your cars"

LOL exactly, what a bunch of d bags clearly they are loosing a valued customer. That's honest to god bull shit. Don't take that shit Evan!
Back to top Go down
swift101
Rank 3
Rank 3
swift101

Number of posts : 227
Vehicle : 2005 Civic
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Little issue with local dealership   Little issue with local dealership Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2009, 5:40 pm

Are you talking about Cam at Regina Mazda? If so that guy is a fucking douchebag. If you argue with him enough he will send it back and get you the correct one. Don't give up too easy. Regina Mazda has the worst service in Canada.. the service writers are fucking retarded, when my CEL came on in my Mazda after Regina Autobody repaired the rear quarter panel from being in an accident, I came to the conclusion the the gas cap they put on, was not the correct one. Because it looked like it was from bucks auoparts, Anyway RAB told me that Mazda had supplied them with that one because they lost it somehow. So I call Mazda and say I want a brand new one and he tells me that's not why me CEL is on, anyway I check the code and it turns out it is an emission code and it is the gas cap. After 3 CEL's he agress to replace the gas cap with a new one and on top of it he HAD to charge me 45 bucks to read the code that I had already known. Anyway moral of the story is get on this piece of shit and get your correct harness, because he can indeed send it back.
Back to top Go down
RB
Rank 2
Rank 2
RB

Number of posts : 70
Vehicle : --
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Little issue with local dealership   Little issue with local dealership Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2009, 5:44 pm

bring me and the thom guys we can make anyone do what we want we will get you your money back plus Smile lol you no considering last tues we made kids who braught machetes, knifes, bats and tire irons to a fight get scared shitless of us because they learnt who they are fuckn with Smile
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Little issue with local dealership   Little issue with local dealership Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2009, 5:55 pm

Well my honest opinion is to level with him, most people do respond well to threats. If you are aggressive it will cause him to be more defensive and less likely to give up any ground. You have the facts on your side so start there. You have talked to the place out east and they don't care so remind him of that. If he questions you ask to speak directly to his rep out east. You have agreed to pay the restocking fee and are even willing to order the new part. These are things that you should remind him of, as well as future parts that will be needed.

After you get what you want never go back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383

PostSubject: Re: Little issue with local dealership   Little issue with local dealership Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2009, 6:03 pm

did you go to auto gallery?? lol hahaha i hate dealer's SO DUMB!
Back to top Go down
doom26464
Rank 4
Rank 4
doom26464

Number of posts : 411
Vehicle : MR-2 GT, Civic SiR
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Little issue with local dealership   Little issue with local dealership Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2009, 6:19 pm

parts desk make me cry Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383

PostSubject: Re: Little issue with local dealership   Little issue with local dealership Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2009, 7:13 pm

i dunno about other dealers but the parts desk at auto gallery told me that the STi spoiler and grill wouldn't fit on my wrx.....cleary they do!
Back to top Go down
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC

PostSubject: Re: Little issue with local dealership   Little issue with local dealership Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2009, 11:47 pm

doom26464 wrote:
parts desk make me cry Crying or Very sad

Most likely guys who make shit up when they don't have an answer trying to make you go away.
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: Little issue with local dealership   Little issue with local dealership Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2009, 12:16 am

ha James from parts called me later today. He said "after looking into it further we MAY be able to return it, as there is a form i must fill out before we are authorized to accept it back. I sent the form in and should know soon enough."

Cam told me there in no way i can return it..... unless i agree to order the correct harness then he will take it back. HMM... he quoted me $2700 for the new harness. When i told him there is no fucking way im paying that much he said good luck finding one then. So i informed him i have a brand new one lined up in Calgary for $611, he didnt have anything to say. I guess well see how this goes.
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Little issue with local dealership   Little issue with local dealership Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2009, 1:21 am

Sheesh, why don't you ever text me these things Evan? I'll harass James Bliss until he cries. I'll even talk to Cam the manager for you. I still have close ties to the place, I'd probably be able to work something out.. or at least make them cut all the bullshit and get right to the bottom of it all.
Back to top Go down
Rank 7
Rank 7

PostSubject: Re: Little issue with local dealership   Little issue with local dealership Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2009, 1:25 am

because you intimidate me... and peer pressure me into things Razz
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

PostSubject: Re: Little issue with local dealership   Little issue with local dealership Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2009, 1:27 am

Yeah, I know I'm a bully. I don't work tomorrow. So IF you want, the option is there.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Little issue with local dealership   Little issue with local dealership Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2009, 1:40 am

bahrx7 wrote:
because you intimidate me... and peer pressure me into things Razz

corey, what are you doing on evans account.
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

PostSubject: Re: Little issue with local dealership   Little issue with local dealership Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2009, 1:42 am

BAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little issue with local dealership   Little issue with local dealership Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little issue with local dealership
Page 1 of 1