Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Video Game Information

Go down 
+45
00devo00
Moneypits
DjSlugger
T-Fel
Heretic
Bjohnson
Fiorante
kyles_r32
MacSkank
Zimm
taylorvw
Soup
JYB116
abs0Lut
lu!$
Thai-kun
Black
Jhall
mower-power
JSharp
laynehip
RyanR
SteveK
Marshal
Proch
phoez
Maniac
Baht85
dev
subbie
Piett
240sxy
veedub
Noops
Rob
DOOLHA
Justin
greddy_1700
BrYaNtOn
jdm_itr
Clint Eastwood
corey
L-Spec
1eightySX
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

Number of posts : 2214
Vehicle : '95 EJ1
Registration date : 2009-04-13

General Video Game Information - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2011, 11:42 am

the thing that turns me off about the game is only 150 cars, I have had more than that in my garage on GT5. lol, hopefully someone I know will buy it so I can see it in action.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2011, 12:04 pm

abs0Lut wrote:
the thing that turns me off about the game is only 150 cars, I have had more than that in my garage on GT5. lol, hopefully someone I know will buy it so I can see it in action.

ya but in GT5 you could only really customize like 150 cars. the rest were all used cars and you couldn't do shit with them...so gay.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2011, 12:34 pm

I barely played GT5, the 150 cars are actually cars you would want to own. I started with a G35, sold it for an S4, bought an S Chassis and was given the drift Alliance 240. (with Adrian's decal on the back window)

I haven't gotten too much into the customization, but the wheel selection is awesome.

The drift park is pretty cool and I lke that Vaughn narrates it. The game is more culturally relevant then others. It has quotes from Chris Rado and other popular drivers. Live action shit was shot by Will Roegge. Pretty much you are playing Speedhunters the video game.... so if you don't buy it you hate Speedhunters and in turn cars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2011, 12:35 pm

1eightySX wrote:
I barely played GT5, the 150 cars are actually cars you would want to own. I started with a G35, sold it for an S4, bought an S Chassis and was given the drift Alliance 240. (with Adrian's decal on the back window)

I haven't gotten too much into the customization, but the wheel selection is awesome.

The drift park is pretty cool and I lke that Vaughn narrates it. The game is more culturally relevant then others. It has quotes from Chris Rado and other popular drivers. Live action shit was shot by Will Roegge. Pretty much you are playing Speedhunters the video game.... so if you don't buy it you hate Speedhunters and in turn cars.

what he said
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2011, 12:43 pm

Also Autolog lets me see, how we DJstewzy has done on the same courses I play.
Back to top Go down
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Bjohnson

Number of posts : 1871
Vehicle : 2001 Honda S2000
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2011, 7:43 pm

djStewzy wrote:
abs0Lut wrote:

ya but in GT5 you could only really customize like 150 cars. the rest were all used cars and you couldn't do shit with them...so gay.

im thinking what Adam said. I just bought the game so ill report back
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2011, 1:55 am

djStewzy wrote:
abs0Lut wrote:

I do agree that they didnt let you customize your cars enough, I would love it if I could get some lips and rims for my EG, but most the cars that are legendary-with no need of mods except tires- dont need to be customized. The cars I race with and have the most fun in are already perfect.

Im not knocking this game down cause it looks sick but I wont buy it before I get my hands on a controller and play it. As far as Benoit's comment goes, that shit made me laugh, and it sounds like some FormulaD propaganda. haha
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2011, 9:05 am

FormulaD Propaganda? There is more time attack than anything in this game. Ya they mention formula D, while i was slaying the track in mad mikes sick rx8, but its, IMO, 1000X better than GT5 in fun factor, customization and even competes when it comes to graphics. The cockpits of the cars are unreal and the visuals are awesome...PLUS huge smoke when drifting.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2011, 10:26 am

See the thing is I don't want to play a game where you just drive a stock car with a little amount of mods. Honestly to that aspect GT5 seems like an ice cream shop that has hundreds of flavors but only let you put toppings on Vanilla and chocolate, but why can't I put some toppings on some Rocky Road?

Anyway, the reward system is great in the game, the cars are unreal. You get to do engine swaps and shit. And it is relevant, it is actually a car game that was made for car enthusiasts. I wouldn't say that it is Formula D propaganda as you start of doing grass roots stuff and work your way up. Also loads of actual door to door racing, and time attack stuff. I am pretty sure that you eventually acquire Rado's car. But Mad Mike's RX8 is pretty cool, it seems pretty accurate to the real life car. I can rant and rave abotu this all day.
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2011, 10:35 am

1eightySX wrote:
But Mad Mike's RX8 is pretty cool, it seems pretty accurate to the real life car. I can rant and rave abotu this all day.

Car sounds sooooooo cool! They got the sound of the rotary engine bang on. When it just sits and idles it just blows my mind how good it sounds. But it's the hardest this to drift haha reving to 10,000 RPM
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2011, 12:20 pm

djStewzy wrote:
and even competes when it comes to graphics. .
yeah ok. blind man.
nfs will always be cartoony.

General Video Game Information - Page 13 Shift2_unleashed_honda_s2000_cr_day

General Video Game Information - Page 13 2ag6qtg

IMO, this game wouldnt be popular(?) at all if it wasnt for speedhunters.
Back to top Go down
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Bjohnson

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2011, 4:02 pm

graphics are the shits, gameplay is the shits, the handling feel of cars is the shits, controller response is the shits, tracks are nothing like what they should look like which means they are the shits, all in all the game is the shits. i want my $65 back.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2011, 5:15 pm

That is the genius of Speedhunters.

I guess it is a matter of opinion, I lost interest in GT5 after playing it for a week.
Back to top Go down
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Bjohnson

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2011, 6:20 pm

I've gotten out of GT5 now and started playing forza3 again untill forza4 comes out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
taylorvw
Rank 8
Rank 8
taylorvw

Number of posts : 1554
Vehicle : ce9a
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2011, 7:09 pm

told ya ass.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2011, 10:18 pm

forza owns all racing games . < that period there means nothing left to say discussion over and of coarse all the speedhunter fan boys love it
Back to top Go down
Bjohnson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Bjohnson

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2011, 10:58 pm

jdm_itr wrote:
forza owns all racing games . < that period there means nothing left to say discussion over and of coarse all the speedhunter fan boys love it

Forza actually sucks, but it's just the better of the other two right now. SO FUCKING RELAX AND STOP TYPING IN CAPS ALL THE TIME BRO.
Back to top Go down
Jhall
Rank 9
Rank 9
Jhall

Number of posts : 2058
Vehicle : Ruckus/91 MX5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2011, 11:05 pm

im digging the game so far, i have a miata with a 3 rotor that i drift and a full race ae86 with a 2jz in it haha i love the modding and the driving is deece, drifting feels badass once i got the hang of it. Obviously its no forza, but they never claimed it would be...
Back to top Go down
subbie
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2011, 9:30 am

Jhall wrote:
im digging the game so far, i have a miata with a 3 rotor that i drift and a full race ae86 with a 2jz in it haha i love the modding and the driving is deece, drifting feels badass once i got the hang of it. Obviously its no forza, but they never claimed it would be...

I agree with jhall. Drifting is badass once you get the hang of it. I got a S14 with a full race S15 SR and with 18" fluorescent yellow gram light 57D's and a BMW 135i with a big V8 in it. Modding is really cool. Obviously nothing touches Forza but its a fun game if you a car guy.
Back to top Go down
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2011, 4:26 pm

Anybody play Gt5 Still
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2011, 3:36 am

you fucking bet, saving up for the 787b now.
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

Number of posts : 1718
Vehicle : MKII Jetta
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2011, 10:05 am

Noops wrote:
Anybody play Gt5 Still

Never really got into it.

Lack of Car modifying/Customizing. And Also my personal beef, don't include Nascar and go-karts and then not include drag racing. Would it be so hard to add a "Race Night" or "400M shootout" into these games. They already have Muscle cars, and we all know those guys especially love going straight!! I mean it's justa light tree and a straight track, add in some cars to race against. Set up a heads up and a bracket option. Done. Not much too it. If they wanted to they could add Drag Slicks as a tire option too. Also bring Nitrous back from the GT4, but only include it for straight line and top speed tests.

It would be a very small part of the game, but when you just fucking around for 15mins before leaving the house, it's a good time.

Also I don't play much video games in Summer, but when I do I almost always reach for COD nowadays
Back to top Go down
abs0Lut
Rank 9
Rank 9
abs0Lut

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2011, 2:32 pm

[rant]I am so god damn sick of COD, 6 years in a row of pretty much the SAME GAME is good enough for me. Battlefield 3 is gunna be whats up, modern warfare 3 who fucking cares, oh cool guys we can have 2 different sights instead of just 1!!!! lol[/endrant]
Back to top Go down
Heretic
Rank 8
Rank 8
Heretic

Number of posts : 1718
Vehicle : MKII Jetta
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2011, 2:51 pm

True, but it's bread an butter type game. Jump on and usually there is at least one guy I know playing at any time of day.

Battlefield 3 will be really good. I might get both BF3 and MW3 when they come out.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2011, 9:47 pm

abs0Lut wrote:
[rant]I am so god damn sick of COD, 6 years in a row of pretty much the SAME GAME is good enough for me. Battlefield 3 is gunna be whats up, modern warfare 3 who fucking cares, oh cool guys we can have 2 different sights instead of just 1!!!! lol[/endrant]

yeah

'cuz youre badd

WSUP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Video Game Information   General Video Game Information - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Video Game Information
Page 13 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next