Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spotted another Skyline....

Go down 
+18
GDimports
slow
Soup
Rob
SteveK
laynehip
Fiorante
jdm_itr
_....
JYB116
kriS13
240sxy
taylorvw
corey
CamJohns122
Golks
Piett
1eightySX
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 1:36 pm

slow wrote:
1eightySX wrote:
What I am saying is that they are not the be all end all of drift cars. I am merely pointing out the misconception that some people have for the Skyline.

I agree completely, they are heavy and tend to be pigs. What I was more referring to was all of drifting, not just professional drifting. Since the abundance of skylines and parts in canada/japan/uk/aus/etc is much greater than that of the US, it is obvious that more people will drift them there. Look at the drifting scene in the UK, or even europe. A lot of different cars show up over there as they have to cater to a different group of owners (like bmw in europe). Look at drifting in japan, they'll use anything they have, but a lot of nissans and toyotas tend to be used, anything from a corolla to a mark II, and from a s13 to a laurel or cefiro. A lot of skylines are still used in japan because they are so abundant. So by looking past professional drifting and looking at all drifting, the vehicles with the best availability of parts and spare chassis' will be the most popular choice. That is why its very uncommon to see them drifting in the US.

Either way, there are many reasons why certain vehicles are used and others not, just depends on how you look at it.

That does make sense, car price does add to it as well. (Not that I am an en expert, in what I am about to mention) The early days of drifting in Japan started with the S chassis and the AE86, because they were the most Accessible and affortable , probably why they are seen as the stereo typical drift cars. See I don't know what the weight distribution of a Skyline is. Anyway it is always exciting to watch the progression of the sport, and you are right things are changing now we see Porshes, Mustangs and soltices drifting. So with all the options that have been emgerging in the world of drifting, it begs the question if any one car can provide the perfect platform to actually be a "drift montser"?

I would say if anything enlight of your post and the given information, the answer is no. Maybe, it is safe to say that any decent RWD with a proper set up is driftable but their is no clear cut answer to the perfect platform as drift cars are built to suit there drivers and not vis versa. So the perfect drift car for one driver could be bellow par for another. It seems all very subjective.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Noops
Rank 8
Rank 8
Noops

Number of posts : 1749
Vehicle : 02 Audi A6
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 2:33 pm

Word.
Back to top Go down
http://www.honda-tech.com
slow
Rank 3
Rank 3
slow

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 3:01 pm

Noops H2 wrote:
Word.

holy useless post batman

back on topic, nice R33 Kris, how is it to drive?
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 3:50 pm

1eightySX wrote:
You are right sir, but the big sponsors aren't greddy, or HKS but rather people like Falken, Hankook, and Nitto. Tire companies love drifting and go for the cool factor because "hey, if those tires are good enough for Tony Angelo and his RX8, than maybe they are good enough for me to drift with."

Don't forget the Apex'i RX-7 and there list of drift suspension parts. Agreed that HKS is more power orientated, but they did co-sponsor the HKS Genki Drift S15. Also, GReddy has a partnership with RE Amemiya, so RE only uses GReddy drift spec turbo components for their drift car, thus the RE SuperG, etc. Of course, their appeal is mainly in japan and the tire companies have definitely made more of an impact in North America. jocolor
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 4:04 pm

Oh you and your RX7's.... fun fact Tony Angelo's RX8 has the your motor in it... I think.
I think they should incorporate more parts advertising here, like GittinJ r. does it for Bosch but they should put parts lists on the side of cars.... maybe not. I get what your saying though kind of, anyway we aren't talking until you change your plans for saturday.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 8:09 pm

backscratchaaaaaaaaaa

BAckscratchAaa

who knows the most!
Back to top Go down
greddy_1700
Rank 5
Rank 5
greddy_1700

Number of posts : 654
Vehicle : 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 8:42 pm

240sxy wrote:
backscratchaaaaaaaaaa

BAckscratchAaa

who knows the most!
Adrian, are you on drugs?
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 8:47 pm

greddy_1700 wrote:
240sxy wrote:
backscratchaaaaaaaaaa

BAckscratchAaa

who knows the most!

you need to come work at fedex.
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 9:08 pm

240sxy wrote:
greddy_1700 wrote:
240sxy wrote:
backscratchaaaaaaaaaa

BAckscratchAaa

who knows the most!

Where's my god damn invitation to work there!?
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 10:02 pm

hahahaha

BUTT SCRATCHAAAAAA

BUTT SCRATCHAAAA!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

Number of posts : 752
Vehicle : 2008 Toyota Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 10:20 pm

I've never actually seen a skyline upclose before. I would probably oogle over one as well. I really don't see what the problem is with multiple cars in the city though. Why do you guys care if you drive the only one of your kind?
Back to top Go down
http://www.306motorclub.com
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 11:39 pm

RyanR wrote:
I've never actually seen a skyline upclose before. I would probably oogle over one as well. I really don't see what the problem is with multiple cars in the city though. Why do you guys care if you drive the only one of your kind?
You will be a wee bit closer when I throw this GT-R badge at you tomorrow. Then you will have a sense of style and not some gay saloon owner with uber cool turbine the size of my head.

Who doesn't want to be unique! Layne for example wears skin tight purple pants, although I think he maybe a homosexual so unique may be the wrong word, heck this doesn't really prove a thing.
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 12:43 am

spotted another skyline, a white r33.

uh oh! let the beaking begin.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 12:45 am

i spotted a 300zx ive never seen looked really good

also spotted the nicest Civic EK coupe lowered with really nice rims, also it was turbocharged
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 12:47 am

Spotted a yellow riced out cavalier. It was hot
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 12:51 am

I saw a stock VW Beetle tonight. Shit was off the hoooooooook.

..but seriously. White R33??
Back to top Go down
JYB116
Rank 8
Rank 8
JYB116

Number of posts : 1788
Vehicle : Nissan skyline gtr
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 12:53 am

seen a sprint that was siick ripping down rochdale
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 12:54 am

Sorry i was trying to spot different cars other than skyline and also trying to restrain my self from sayin jesus fuck theyre comin in fast i mean its fine if they come in i just dont want them to end up in the hands of some cocky spoiled bitch
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 12:54 am

jyb116 wrote:

Type R swap i hear
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 1:00 am

Supra wrote:
jyb116 wrote:

Type R swap i hear

sr20
Back to top Go down
JYB116
Rank 8
Rank 8
JYB116

Number of posts : 1788
Vehicle : Nissan skyline gtr
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 1:00 am

ya its mine rank fast
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 1:04 am

lets race sprints
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 1:07 am

240sxy wrote:
greddy_1700 wrote:
240sxy wrote:
backscratchaaaaaaaaaa

BAckscratchAaa

who knows the most!

Than you can all hear how unfunny he actually is, or find out what celebrity "Adrian, looks like he resembles. "
Back to top Go down
kriS13
Rank 2
Rank 2
kriS13

Number of posts : 83
Vehicle : '91 S13 / '93 R33
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 1:36 am

I was told by a guy who I ended up talking to at Sev that he saw a white R33. I want to see!!! Smile

Oh, and mine runs really good. Handles great. So fun to drive. Body is in great condition as well.
Back to top Go down
jdm_itr
jdm_itr

Number of posts : 4480
Vehicle : 99ITR/00 Ej6
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2008, 6:42 am

so eny one know why the cops pulle him over ? i seen adrian with him in wascana after
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spotted another Skyline....
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next