Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spotted another Skyline....

Go down 
+18
GDimports
slow
Soup
Rob
SteveK
laynehip
Fiorante
jdm_itr
_....
JYB116
kriS13
240sxy
taylorvw
corey
CamJohns122
Golks
Piett
1eightySX
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SteveK
Rank 5
Rank 5
SteveK

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 12:15 am

Fiorante wrote:
no offence to the new skyline, i bet its an amazing car, nicer then any car ive owned, but its come to a point where i know more people that drive skylines then civics or caviliers...

Probably not true at all. Although, the people you know with Skylines are basically the only ones with them. +5 or so that you don't know. I can personally say that I only know 2 people with a Supra. You and Thai-kun. (3 counting "supra" Wink ) But I probably see more of them than I do Skylines...or RHD cars combined. I just don't know the drivers. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 12:16 am

Seems as though once you know someone with a certain car you see that specific type of car EVERYWHERE.
Back to top Go down
SteveK
Rank 5
Rank 5
SteveK

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 12:17 am

Supra wrote:
Seems as though once you know someone with a certain car you see that specific type of car EVERYWHERE.

That is so true. +1 to that.
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 12:20 am

Robbie speaks the truth.
Before buying my coupe I had only seen 1 coupe in regina since the start of summer. Since buying the car I have seen like 5 or so different coupes around, oh well I bought it cause it suited what I wanted to do with good aftermarket support and lots of potential.

Cam, you were all for getting a skyline just the other day but now would love a pulsar!

Those pulsars look like fancy golfs... blech.
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 12:25 am

O id still be interested in gettin a skyline for a mod friendly tire shredder

im saying if i wanna be unique-ish ill get a pulsar i love em
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 12:25 am

laynehip wrote:
CamJohns122 wrote:
i agree although i still love em i think its time for some other imports, i know which one i want

Pulsar GTiR AWD SR20 so sickk
Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Gtir_sidefront_hi
i would take one over a skyline anyday
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

R35 GTR
S15 Silvia
R33 or R34 GTR
G35
350Z
any other S chassis

and then if I had to the Pulsar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 12:35 am

just because you "know" more people with skylines and what not doesnt mean there overated, the next cavalier or whatever... i dont get why people are all of a sudden beaking these cars now... go to calgary and live there or somewhere in ontario, theres wayy more skylines then here... to be honest they are still pretty unique cars in Regina, well at least i think so.

Go drive down lewvan, count how many civics you see... i have counted 26 before.

Now, at the same time count how many skylines/ rhd cars... slim to none.

so stfu.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 12:36 am

Skylines just stand out. 180's just blend in as 240's to someone who doesnt know any better
Back to top Go down
CamJohns122
Rank 7
Rank 7
CamJohns122

Number of posts : 1380
Vehicle : '93 Civic Si Hatch, 91 Chevy Sprint Turbo, 85 RX7 GSL

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 12:37 am

JP wrote:
just because you "know" more people with skylines and what not doesnt mean there overated, the next cavalier or whatever... i dont get why people are all of a sudden beaking these cars now... go to calgary and live there or somewhere in ontario, theres wayy more skylines then here... to be honest they are still pretty unique cars in Regina, well at least i think so.

Go drive down lewvan, count how many civics you see... i have counted 26 before.

so stfu.

chill out it happens to everyone i drive a fuckin civic you dont think i know just enjoy your car for what it is and dont let the E-hatin affect you
Back to top Go down
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 12:49 am

What is the story on that R35?
Back to top Go down
Golks
Rank 5
Rank 5
Golks

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : '98 Honda
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 12:56 am

corey wrote:
What is the story on that R35?

We stopped by Brasso Nissan on our way out of Calgary to see if they had any GTR's.

Sure enough there was one. Apparantly it is the owners.
Back to top Go down
Fiorante
Rank 7
Rank 7
Fiorante

Number of posts : 1234
Vehicle : frankenstien'd skyline
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 1:05 am

JP wrote:

so stfu.

i never beaked skylines, there nice cars, yours would probably drive circles around me right now, but what can i say, i payed 500 dollers for my car, it just seems that everyone wants a skyline because there CRAZY FAST DRIFT MONSTERS
Back to top Go down
Piett
Rank 9
Rank 9

Number of posts : 2625
Vehicle : 03 350z

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 1:21 am

Fiorante wrote:
JP wrote:

so stfu.

i never beaked skylines, there nice cars, yours would probably drive circles around me right now, but what can i say, i payed 500 dollers for my car, it just seems that everyone wants a skyline because there CRAZY FAST DRIFT MONSTERS

there not crazy (well old people think they are crazy cause rhd)
fast..not really (faster then a teal integra tho.)
drift (when i bought my car that was the least thing i wanted to do..)
Back to top Go down
kriS13
Rank 2
Rank 2
kriS13

Number of posts : 83
Vehicle : '91 S13 / '93 R33
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 2:45 am

jdm_itr wrote:
seen the car tonight pulled over by the cops lol guess they like skylines to Laughing
Haha...yeeeeeaaaaaah. When I pulled on to Albert from 13th and saw a cop waiting at the light, I was almost certain I would get pulled over, and sure enough... @ They just had no clue what was with the BC permit in the window, so they checked it out. Had all the info from IBC, so no problems what so ever.
Back to top Go down
240sxy
Rank 9
Rank 9
240sxy

Number of posts : 3560

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 2:57 am

kriS13 wrote:
so no problems what so ever.

except the fact you fucking took forever.

same with julian.

*incoming driveby on tricycle*
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 10:11 am

Fiorante wrote:
JP wrote:

so stfu.

They really aren't even considered drift monsters, the GTR holds the rep for being crazy fast and that is because if you look into the race history (not drifting) of Nissan and the use of the GTR it is pretty unreal. A few GT-S's are used for drifting in professional drifting but not a whole lot (one of my favorites, the Blitz sklyline) Anyway, most drift cars, at least in the U.S. are S chasis, 350Z's or Rx7/rx8's.
There could be more but if there are they aren't doing so hot because you never hear about them in the top 16.

The GT-S Skyline, gets a bad rep here because people hear Skyline and think GTR not knowing there are different models. So, from what I can tell, Skyline owners aren't pumping their own tires, people just assume that they are. As far as fast, that depends on your perception of speed. Everyone, has a different perception of what fast is. So some people, when asked if their civic or 240 is fast they will say yes but in comparison to what? Example, I think my nissan is fast but that is because my last car had like 140hp, so anything over 200 for me was fun and I just don't know any different.

Moral of the story is stop with all these back handed compliments to skyline owners. Everyone is quick to insult the Skyline but than be like" yah i would take one." I mean, if the skyline owners beak your car than have at them, I love the entertainment of watching the diputes but otherwise we get into these redundant topics. The end result is always the same Skylines for some but not all.
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 11:10 am

1eightySX wrote:

They really aren't even considered drift monsters, the GTR holds the rep for being crazy fast and that is because if you look into the race history (not drifting) of Nissan and the use of the GTR it is pretty unreal. A few GT-S's are used for drifting in professional drifting but not a whole lot (one of my favorites, the Blitz sklyline) Anyway, most drift cars, at least in the U.S. are S chasis, 350Z's or Rx7/rx8's.
There could be more but if there are they aren't doing so hot because you never hear about them in the top 16.

Canadian Drift finals this past weekend R32 GTST beat out an R34. It was intense. R32 won it all. Including a fairly large cardboard cheque.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 11:28 am

Thats cool, I mostly try to follow Formula D and that stuff. For the most part it is always some one like Hubinette or Foust who wins and they most definitley do not rock the skyline. So I am not saying that a GTS cannot be drifted but I don't think it is "drift monster", has more to do with the driver. (for the most part)

your stereotypical drift cars will always be the AE86 and S chassis. I checked out the Formula D drivers there were a hand full who use the skyline but not as many as you would think. But good shout on following the candian drift stuff.
Back to top Go down
slow
Rank 3
Rank 3
slow

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 11:39 am

I don't think the driftability of the skyline is the reason why its not common in the states, I think the fact that there are so few there and that parts and chassis (if you fuck yours up) are hard to come by on short notice.

It was quite and intense battle between R32 and R34 last weekend at the canadian drift finals, there was some seriously good driving from canada's top drifters.

Chris van Gaalan took top spot, followed by Hideki (from Canonball-R in BC) and coming in third was Mark Schritter driving a nissan cefiro. Fred Girard didn't do so well, but will nonetheless be representing Canada at the RedBull international drift competition this year in the states with his completely fucked up skyline (hit the wall several times and still going strong). Chris will be going down for Formula D trials again this year as he is the overall winner of WDC. I believe Fred will be going down as well having won DMCC. Both of which drive R32 skylines.
Back to top Go down
GDimports
Rank 1
Rank 1

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 11:57 am

Deleted.

Last edited by L-Spec on October 1st 2008, 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Let's keep this stuff in the marketplace, please.)
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 11:58 am

"I don't think the driftability of the skyline is the reason why its not common in the states, I think the fact that there are so few there and that parts and chassis (if you fuck yours up) are hard to come by on short notice. " by slow

I did actually take that into consideration, but I did not want to point that out because it illustrates the abundance of Skyline in Canada (which is not the problem). However, keep in mind that in professional drifitng part availabitly is a little different. If part availabilty was a real issue, people like Gushi wouldn't be driving a custom Scion TC.

The other side to this argument is of course that Formula D is a spectacle and that is why we see the cars we do, but what is more of a spectacle then a skyline on american soil. So like I mentioned there are some skylines drifting professionally like Nomura and it can be done, hell I am not even saying that they are bad drift cars. What I am saying is that they are not the be all end all of drift cars. I am merely pointing out the misconception that some people have for the Skyline.

Last edited by 1eightySX on October 1st 2008, 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteveK
Rank 5
Rank 5
SteveK

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 12:10 pm

Wow I love threads where people actually have something intelligent to say! Smile It's always a good read.
Back to top Go down
L-Spec
Rank 4
Rank 4
L-Spec

Number of posts : 428
Vehicle : Mazdarati
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 12:26 pm

Don't forget about sponsorships and advertising. Companies want to move products for vehicles that are more abundant. A lot of people got into drifting with the S chassis so naturally, companies will fuel the tuners with more parts to ensure that the their economy is still in check. Of course, some companies like to use the 'cool factor' for attention by using vehicles that aren't exactly thought of when the word 'drifting' comes up.
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 12:46 pm

L-Spec wrote:
Don't forget about sponsorships and advertising. Companies want to move products for vehicles that are more abundant. A lot of people got into drifting with the S chassis so naturally, companies will fuel the tuners with more parts to ensure that the their economy is still in check. Of course, some companies like to use the 'cool factor' for attention by using vehicles that aren't exactly thought of when the word 'drifting' comes up.

You are right sir, but the big sponsors aren't greddy, or HKS but rather people like Falken, Hankook, and Nitto. Tire companies love drifting and go for the cool factor because "hey, if those tires are good enough for Tony Angelo and his RX8, than maybe they are good enough for me to drift with." Drifting makes the most sense for tire companies to back because you go through tires like crazy and if you associate their sweet compettion cars with their tires than you may feel more inclined to use their tires. But Lucky is right, often those cars feature awesome parts to go fast, but the cars are all billboards so maybe even the less common the car (or out of place) the more we will look at it? I think Luck's point is best illustrated by Ford racing and Mopar as their cars are there to appeal to the audience so tuner fans may consider buying one in the fuuture.
Back to top Go down
slow
Rank 3
Rank 3
slow

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2008, 1:03 pm

1eightySX wrote:
What I am saying is that they are not the be all end all of drift cars. I am merely pointing out the misconception that some people have for the Skyline.

I agree completely, they are heavy and tend to be pigs. What I was more referring to was all of drifting, not just professional drifting. Since the abundance of skylines and parts in canada/japan/uk/aus/etc is much greater than that of the US, it is obvious that more people will drift them there. Look at the drifting scene in the UK, or even europe. A lot of different cars show up over there as they have to cater to a different group of owners (like bmw in europe). Look at drifting in japan, they'll use anything they have, but a lot of nissans and toyotas tend to be used, anything from a corolla to a mark II, and from a s13 to a laurel or cefiro. A lot of skylines are still used in japan because they are so abundant. So by looking past professional drifting and looking at all drifting, the vehicles with the best availability of parts and spare chassis' will be the most popular choice. That is why its very uncommon to see them drifting in the US.

Either way, there are many reasons why certain vehicles are used and others not, just depends on how you look at it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spotted another Skyline....   Spotted another Skyline.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spotted another Skyline....
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next