Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clutchless shifting

Go down 
+17
RyanR
Maniac
Noops
Mick6
_....
Rob
taylorvw
mr.bellamy
Fuckbag
veedub
Fiorante
CamJohns122
phoez
Thai-kun
BrYaNtOn
kkid28
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RyanR
Rank 6
Rank 6
RyanR

Number of posts : 752
Vehicle : 2008 Toyota Tundra
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Clutchless shifting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutchless shifting   Clutchless shifting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2008, 11:17 pm

EP304 wrote:
Is this not putting unnecessary strain on the synchros since the synchros may be picking up the slack.Do you guys downshift with no clutch also?

Changing a clutch is easy. I would've gladly paid someone $95/hr to do my calculus homework in University every week thats for sure but to pay someone that much for a simple clutch job F that. I don't understand why people don't work on their own cars they could learn alot.

Plus I don't trust repair shops anymore after what happened to my golf.Sloppy work to crank out the car fast and charge me for hrs they didn't work on it. But I got half a refund so can't complain I guess...Wait I am complaining.

On the Tibby note are you saying the clutches don't last long or they are expensive to replace. The way I read it seems like they crap out alot guess thats the way car makers make money. Do you really use all those 4.5 hrs doing the clutch?

Clutches can be simple, but some people do not have the proper tools. Simple things such as loctite for flywheel and pressure plate bolts, or torque wrenches.

As for the tibs, Its more so the drivers that wear the clutches out. Most cars seem to be driven by younger kids that just beat the fuck out of them. As for clutches on tibs, normally take me roughly 3 hours to change, with a flywheel resurace.(but when you do 20+ on the same type car you get quicker). Some take longer depending on how much of a cunt the release bearing wants to be (pull type clutch system). Clutches are usually great paying jobs, but you take the highs and the lows with flat rate pay scale.
Back to top Go down
http://www.306motorclub.com
dev
Rank 7
Rank 7

Number of posts : 1211
Vehicle : 2009 Cobalt TC
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Clutchless shifting   Clutchless shifting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2008, 11:36 am

bahrx7 wrote:
i worked on semi's for over a year, every driver i talked to used the clutch.

Lol this man knows.
Back to top Go down
D Pickles
Rank 1
Rank 1
D Pickles

Number of posts : 10
Vehicle : Turbo Rabbit
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Clutchless shifting   Clutchless shifting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2008, 2:29 am

Some days i clutch some days i dont but dont them ricers ought to be doubble clutchin like they should be!.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 363
Vehicle : 00' GSR
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Clutchless shifting   Clutchless shifting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2008, 9:16 am

I never use the clutch to power shift.
Back to top Go down
Mick6
Rank 1
Rank 1
Mick6

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Clutchless shifting   Clutchless shifting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2008, 1:20 am

D Pickles wrote:
Some days i clutch some days i dont but dont them ricers ought to be doubble clutchin like they should be!.

Hey ass hole, I double clutch my grain truck..
P.S I know you were drunk when you left this post kuss i cant understand wtf u were saying
P.S.S First time i read this post it made sence kuss i was drunk too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutchless shifting   Clutchless shifting - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clutchless shifting
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: General-
Jump to: