Queen City Automotive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Auto X pointers/tips

Go down 
+5
kkid28
laynehip
Maniac
1eightySX
corey
9 posters
AuthorMessage
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Auto X pointers/tips Empty
PostSubject: Auto X pointers/tips   Auto X pointers/tips Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 12:00 am

Okay, So obviously I am building my new car up to be a auto X car along with drift/possible drag? Anyways! I've read on the net a while ago about things to do such as hands on 10 and 2 to get maximum tire turn age without removing hands. What are some things you veteran auto x drivers can suggest to people at a beginner level wanting to get into auto cross?
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

Number of posts : 3807
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Auto X pointers/tips   Auto X pointers/tips Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 12:19 am

Maybe you can build it for Rally to? Or perhaps even boating?

Sorry, what I am trying to say corey is that as ideal as it to have a car built for such a tri-factor is pretty hard to do at least, economically. So maybe focus on one thing, drifting would be a good one but I am bias and really bad at it. Anyway, most likely if you build for drifting you auto X pretty well. However, toss drag into the equation than it might get a little tricky... well if you want it to be a really good drag car. I am not saying that you can't make your car fast but be reasonable and build for one thing in mind and maybe accommodate the other things slightly. Anyway, building a drift car is pretty easy as you half way there already and auto X here is not too intense.

Corey, feel free to delete this once you read it... or leave it. I just did not want to pm you and felt like being smug. Also I read the answer in car magazine like a dork and just reiterated it and past it off as my own!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dodo-logic.ca
corey
Admin
Admin
corey

Number of posts : 4758
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Auto X pointers/tips   Auto X pointers/tips Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 12:40 am

Good Stuff Ryan!
When I said drag I meant maybe try it here and there by no means would I build a car specifically for that. Drag racing is for old bald men with snake tattoos that think turning corners is for sissy's.

It will be more than likely a Auto x/drift car, the ideal setup for a drift car would be slammed(lowest possible center of gravity) is it not? Where as a good Auto X suspension setup would allow some suspension plan(control arms flat)?

Correct me if I am wrong.

PS. I saw your volcom friend today...
Back to top Go down
Maniac
Rank 4
Rank 4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Auto X pointers/tips   Auto X pointers/tips Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 12:57 am

When i register my car for a solo II like the one coming up sept 7 can i just say I have no helmet and borrow one and they would give me one or what thats kinda why I backed out and left I had no idea where to go and sign up and knew no one.
Back to top Go down
laynehip
Rank 9
Rank 9
laynehip

Number of posts : 2520
Vehicle : an ibm
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Auto X pointers/tips   Auto X pointers/tips Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 1:06 am

arent you gonna daily drive this thing?
kids are crazy!
Back to top Go down
kkid28
Rank 4
Rank 4
kkid28

Number of posts : 379
Vehicle : 93 Bird
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Auto X pointers/tips   Auto X pointers/tips Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 1:25 am

corey wrote:
Good Stuff Ryan!
When I said drag I meant maybe try it here and there by no means would I build a car specifically for that. Drag racing is for old bald men with snake tattoos that think turning corners is for sissy's.

You take that back!!!
Back to top Go down
Marshal
Rank 9
Rank 9
Marshal

Number of posts : 2780
Vehicle : Nothing nice
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Auto X pointers/tips   Auto X pointers/tips Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 7:53 am

[quote="kkid28"]
corey wrote:
Good Stuff Ryan!

You forgot pre-pubesencent teenagers in grand-ams and rednecks, corey.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Rank 9
Rank 9
Rob

Number of posts : 3105
Vehicle : Jeep XJ / 2013 Mustang 5.0
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Auto X pointers/tips   Auto X pointers/tips Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 8:34 am

corey wrote:
Good Stuff Ryan!

Driving an 11 second flat race car down the race track was the biggest rush ive ever had
Back to top Go down
Soup
Rank 7
Rank 7
Soup

Number of posts : 1037
Vehicle : 1990 Skyline GTS4
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Auto X pointers/tips   Auto X pointers/tips Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 9:18 am

Helmets are communal, whoever needs one takes one. If there are more people that need them than there are helmets you share. lol. On September 7, just seek me out. Name is Ryan. I will help you get sorted out, your car teched etc. You guys have nothing to worry about.
Back to top Go down
slow
Rank 3
Rank 3
slow

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Auto X pointers/tips   Auto X pointers/tips Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 1:53 pm

setting your car up for autox and for drift is very different...steering angles, suspension geometry, etc

go happy medium, not too low and not too high, if you are too low you will rub and that will slow you down a lot (trust me I know this as I've done it)
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Auto X pointers/tips   Auto X pointers/tips Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 3:35 pm

Drifting does not require that much of crazy set up maybe a little bit of suspension and decent tires. If you run the right camber and tire size you shouldn't have too many problems with the rubbing.
Back to top Go down
slow
Rank 3
Rank 3
slow

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Auto X pointers/tips   Auto X pointers/tips Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 4:21 pm

1eightySX wrote:
Drifting does not require that much of crazy set up maybe a little bit of suspension and decent tires. If you run the right camber and tire size you shouldn't have too many problems with the rubbing.

for broke amateurs yes, those people wanting full adjustability and professional drifters cars have very precise suspension setups and make the sport that much easier

Last edited by slow on August 22nd 2008, 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1eightySX
Rank 9
Rank 9
1eightySX

PostSubject: Re: Auto X pointers/tips   Auto X pointers/tips Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2008, 4:29 pm

Yes they can , be very precise and they can even convert cars to rear wheel drive and build a mustang to handle more like an S13 coupe and have a weight to power ratio that matches that of enzo. However, no one here is a professional so I think we don't really have to worry about it. I mean we have all seen the drift bible so lets not worry about it too much. The first and best thing you can do is get wheel time and practice driving your car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auto X pointers/tips   Auto X pointers/tips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Auto X pointers/tips
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Queen City Automotive :: Automotive :: General-
Jump to: